I want QB Mathew Stafford here, but how much would it cost to get him?

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Did Smith ever have a chance and the power too?

Well I don’t know how to answer that. Most of this fanbase likes to give Kyle Smith the credit for the last 7 years of hits we had in the draft and then to give the misses to the GM or Team President whether that was Bruce Allen or McCloughan.

You also have to consider that Kyle Smith & Bruce Allen’s FO - who yes Kyle Smith was a part of for 6 years - inherited Kirk Cousins as their QB who was a Mike Shanahan draft pick. 

Seems to me other than inheriting Kirk in all of Washington’s other 30 some draft picks in Kyle’s time in the FO they did not find another good answer at QB.

• Like 1

Hey guys if you guys want to be even more critical of my takes me and my bud are recording pods it’s called the eye test football podcast we just broke down the seniorbowl I’d love for you guys to check us out if you guys want to just have another football source just saying I shout out the forum you guys are awesome!!! And I think you guys might like what we’re saying maybe not but if you guys want check it out

17 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Hey guys if you guys want to be even more critical of my takes me and my bud are recording pods it’s called the eye test football podcast we just broke down the seniorbowl I’d love for you guys to check us out if you guys want to just have another football source just saying I shout out the forum you guys are awesome!!! And I think you guys might like what we’re saying maybe not but if you guys want check it out

If youre in a Chargers jersey. Youre joining Turtle on my ignore list. 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

Your not alone I’m with you!

This is true we have discussed him a lot. I knew I wasn’t alone I think it’s just def not a hot take and I get it. But your def on the boat with me big hopes for him going to one of these teams I can see him panning out like we are hoping!!! Make us look like gold lol

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

This is true we have discussed him a lot. I knew I wasn’t alone I think it’s just def not a hot take and I get it. But your def on the boat with me big hopes for him going to one of these teams I can see him panning out like we are hoping!!! Make us look like gold lol

Although the report saying that the Texans want 2 first, 2 seconds, and 2 defensive starters. I actually would try to swing that depending on the players lol

2021 1st and 2nd, 2022 1st and 2nd, John Allen and Landon Collins. Get it done!

• Like 1

Just now, LoganF89 said:

Although the report saying that the Texans want 2 first, 2 seconds, and 2 defensive starters. I actually would try to swing that depending on the players lol

2021 1st and 2nd, 2022 1st and 2nd, John Allen and Landon Collins. Get it done!

That’s what I said Collins would have to be one of those players for me. And Allen would be the other that’s really it. It’s still too much but I mean that’s what it would probably logically take to beat other teams packages

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s what I said Collins would have to be one of those players for me. And Allen would be the other that’s really it. It’s still too much but I mean that’s what it would probably logically take to beat other teams packages

The way I see it is that out of the 4 dline man, we can’t resign them all and for me Allen is the most expendable of them. And as far as Collins goes, he’s lost his spot to Curl and he’s still really young 

so the Texans would get their two young defensive starters and picks to boot while we get the franchise QB we desperately need. I honestly think that would be a good trade, especially after looking at what the Rams just traded

4 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

The way I see it is that out of the 4 dline man, we can’t resign them all and for me Allen is the most expendable of them. And as far as Collins goes, he’s lost his spot to Curl and he’s still really young 

so the Texans would get their two young defensive starters and picks to boot while we get the franchise QB we desperately need. I honestly think that would be a good trade, especially after looking at what the Rams just traded

I mean that’s the best we can afford to do because any others and we’re creating holes we can’t refill with good draft picks because they have them and that and redoing Brandon is going to eat our cap up

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I mean that’s the best we can afford to do because any others and we’re creating holes we can’t refill with good draft picks because they have them and that and redoing Brandon is going to eat our cap up

Exactly my thoughts as well, anymore than those players and picks and it’s a no go. Like you said those players won’t create holes. You could argue trading swear and resigning kerrigan but I’m not trading sweat...

if that trade was accepted though you could see a positive as the 10 mill that Allen stands to get would be off the books plus future contract and the same goes for Collins horrible contract. Factor in Alex smith being cut or retires and we actually come out looking good Cap wise

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Exactly my thoughts as well, anymore than those players and picks and it’s a no go. Like you said those players won’t create holes. You could argue trading swear and resigning kerrigan but I’m not trading sweat...

if that trade was accepted though you could see a positive as the 10 mill that Allen stands to get would be off the books plus future contract and the same goes for Collins horrible contract. Factor in Alex smith being cut or retires and we actually come out looking good Cap wise

I don’t give up the edges or Terry you just can’t that’s what you gotta have them to compete

7 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Plus Watson next year is a 10 mil hit to the cap. But then it goes way up!!!

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Plus Watson next year is a 10 mil hit to the cap. But then it goes way up!!!

And by then the cap should be going back up, not to mention a new tv deal so it would hit at the right time IMO, 

plus the savings from Landon and Alex on the following year could basically cover deshauns cap hit that year, their cap combined for 2022 is like 41 mill so it’s a big win for us

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I don’t know how to answer that. Most of this fanbase likes to give Kyle Smith the credit for the last 7 years of hits we had in the draft and then to give the misses to the GM or Team President whether that was Bruce Allen or McCloughan.

You also have to consider that Kyle Smith & Bruce Allen’s FO - who yes Kyle Smith was a part of for 6 years - inherited Kirk Cousins as their QB who was a Mike Shanahan draft pick. 

Seems to me other than inheriting Kirk in all of Washington’s other 30 some draft picks in Kyle’s time in the FO they did not find another good answer at QB.

It is pretty hard to judge a front office when you have a meddling owner like Snyder.  At least with Dallas, Jerry Jones is up front and calls himself the GM.  All of the stories we hear about Snyder are that he pushes in, whether it is "suggesting" that we could get Albert Haynesworth, or shows up to the draft room and makes the first round pick.  

So I think you need to evaluate further down the draft and see what the results are.  And I have to say, the results are there, especially recently.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

And by then the cap should be going back up, not to mention a new tv deal so it would hit at the right time IMO, 

plus the savings from Landon and Alex on the following year could basically cover deshauns cap hit that year, their cap combined for 2022 is like 41 mill so it’s a big win for us

I mean it def could play into our benefit I just think the only way we get him is if they souly want him out of the AFC. I think higher pick AFC teams will have better offers I think it’s really more based on Deshaun accepting the team and for Houston not wanting to maybe face this guy for the next 10 each year in the playoffs unless he’s in the SB. I think the offer is fair but I understand Naptowns take of Collins coming off the Achilles I forgot about that. But idk we will see I think the fact we’re in on these moves is more concerning to the fact past history tells me Snyder is back involved more then we want. I get he’s the owner and has input and will be kept in the loop but execs in the league that have long tenures with teams tend not to make trades like this and continuously build primarily through the draft and supplement need positions through FA with fridge players while draft picks can develop and get into rotation.