Inside Carson Wentz’s regression : Jeff McLane.

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's a bad person because he doesn't hang out , go clubbing, get drinks and sing kumbaya with all 53 men on the roster?

Curious to know just how many are as religious and into their faith as Carson Wentz seems to be? We are talking about a player who refuses to watch sports media outlets and listen to the outside noise via Twitter, Snapshot, ect, as a 28yr old. 

He doesn't have to be liked by all if winning but when you aren't like this 4-12 season (🖕the tie), all that bubbles over. Funny how none of this was an issue last season when he took PS players on his back to make the playoffs and was praised by many of these same teammates for doing so?? 🤔🤔🤔

There were complaints about him from unknown sources (either nelson or alshon) that came out the previous two years. It just was brushed away as a an after thought because the team wasn't disaster yet.

Not surprising and something we all kinda figured was happening a while ago. When he is playing well it is easy to look past these things, but when he starts to play terribly everything starts to make a lot of sense. We all know our coaching staff was a mess, and that there was zero accountability for the QB starting at the Head Coach and going all the way down to the QB Coach. Doug is a nice guy and a good football coach, but he let things get completely out of hand here and that is 100% on him.

As far as Carson goes, we just have to hope he can learn the error of his ways. Maybe this season is a wake up call and going forward he stops this nonsense of thinking he is some untouchable hero that can do whatever he wants. He is a very talented QB, but it was SO OBVIOUS he went full rogue this season. Constant hero ball, not playing in the system, ignoring all footwork and fundamentals he learned over the past four years, forcing big plays to happen and turning the ball over.... the list goes on. If he can get a grip on this, fix his attitude and realize he is just another football player... I see him turning this thing around. That said it is on HIM and only him. The new HC could come in and handle the situation perfectly, if Carson doesn't embrace it though there will be no saving him. Either Carson fixes these issues or Hurts will be starting games for us going forward.

The biggest red flag in all of this imo is the reports that the Hurts pick actually really affected him mentally. I think that the runs with Foles in 2017-18 and the injury in the 2019 playoff game probably shook his confidence a lot and the Hurts pick was the final straw. That said, if he just isn't mentally strong anymore I have serious doubts he ever gets out of this funk he is in.

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Interesting take in the current trash on Carson news cycle that we have going on here... and I agree with it. Get that coach that can hold him to a higher standard and see what happens.

All those bad habits have already been developed though. Is it too late already?

Just now, ninjapirate said:

All those bad habits have already been developed though. Is it too late already?

Maybe? The best we can do is try. At this point trading him seems very unlikely. Our best bet is to bring in a coach who will call Carson on his BS and see if he can adapt. If he can't we play Hurts and move on from Carson in 2022, but if he does maybe we have a chance to bring back what we thought was a top 10 QB in the NFL.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Maybe? The best we can do is try. At this point trading him seems very unlikely. Our best bet is to bring in a coach who will call Carson on his BS and see if he can adapt. If he can't we play Hurts and move on from Carson in 2022, but if he does maybe we have a chance to bring back what we thought was a top 10 QB in the NFL.

See i think that's a bad move. I think you move on from Wentz so that you get out of cap hell next season, Howie is dumb though so i doubt he makes the right move here.

I blame all 3 

FO for not giving the coaching staff enough support to be tough on the kid

Coaching staff for not challenging Wentz early on after Reich/DeFlip was no longer in the building

Wentz for going in the direction of being a stubborn mule vs a coachable QB who wants to be great. What audacity from a kid that hasn’t won anything. 

The FO has to do better establishing the relationship with Wentz, bringing in certain guys because they share the same agency is nuts. Get some status before trying to have that type of impact. Watson has proved that he can play at a high level for multiple years. Totally different set of circumstances.  

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's a bad person because he doesn't hang out , go clubbing, get drinks and sing kumbaya with all 53 men on the roster?

Curious to know just how many are as religious and into their faith as Carson Wentz seems to be? We are talking about a player who refuses to watch sports media outlets and listen to the outside noise via Twitter, Snapshot, ect, as a 28yr old. 

He doesn't have to be liked by all if winning but when you aren't like this 4-12 season (the tie), all that bubbles over. Funny how none of this was an issue last season when he took PS players on his back to make the playoffs and was praised by many of these same teammates for doing so??

This is a weird hill to die on, but do you Nabbs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Yeah the guy is adored by some for being a pretty average player.

I liked Wentz at first, but at this point I'm sick of hearing about him. When there's smoke there's fire. If Wentz goes off to some other team and is successful, so be it. But both the Wentz and Eagles moving on from each other would seem to benefit both parties.

I still believe in wentz talent, but I feel like this is the case tbh.

• Like 1