Christian McCaffrey's rookie campaign

TecmoSuperJoe

Turn him into a full time slot receiver whilst it's still early. Dude is pretty weak and not outrageously athletic enough to compensate for it as a pro runner. But he has quicks and can get in and out of breaks very well. He's also a trier. Not just saying this because he's small, white and athletic. Genuinely think his best shot at sustained success is a jitterbug, option type receiver in the mold of Edelman.

I wanted the Saints to draft him as a slot WR that could take a dozen or so snaps out of the backfield. Still think that's his best usage in the NFL. Like the guy but hope he stinks the place up in CAR before signing with the Saints in 3 years. :D

If you are looking at him as a RB, you are always going to be disappointed. He's a decent to good pure runner, but not great.

If you look at him as  WR you are going to be disappointed in a low YPC . He's not going to get many downfield shots deep.

He's a hybrid. Part RB part WR. On a creative offense with moving pieces like Green Bay or New England, I think he could put up crazy all around numbers. In Carolina with Cam, who's hit or miss, and a poor OL, We'll see but I'm not as certain he'll ever break out and be more than a "nice player".

I think with a different scheme, OL and QB he'd be having a much more productive season. He has absolutely buried defenders, but Cam hasn't thrown his way or has over thrown him. That OL can't block to save their lives in the run game. Anyone forking him already is being incredibly unfair. I'd love him in New England.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:34 AM, cddolphin said:

I never saw why he was considered to have the ability to continue his athletic dominance in the NFL, personally. Yes, Carolina's run blocking has been awful this year as evidence by their performance last night, albeit against the best front 7 in football (..?), but I don't think he'll emerge as a feature or dominant back in any way. He can find a successful role as a 3DRB.

It's not that he can, he has. He's already proved to be a tremendous receiver. Cam is not used to dumping it off to a back like McCaffery either, so their connection will only grow

Archived