2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

On 3/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I'm sure they could do some things, or try to. We don't really want to push too much down the road even with the cap growing in 2022 because we will have a lot of money already committed to Garrett/Ward/Mayfield and hopefully Chubb along with out expensive O-Line.

They could certainly do some things though, they'll just have to be smart about it.

Von Miller was cleared of wrong doing Denver is probably going to release him and draft Rousseau 

7 minutes ago, FGK said:

Miller has some legal troubles coming down the pike. Like, might keep him from signing anywhere until they're worked out level legal troubles.

I'd rather have Carl Lawson than either of them if Cinci lets him go. Just because I bet he signs for 5-6M AAV less than Barrett and (imo) they are in a similar tier, with Lawson being more rounded and better against the run and Barrett being a slightly better pure rusher.

What is everyones infatuation with Lawson? I know he was highly touted out of Auburn but he hasnt exactly lit it up. Isnt he also somewhat of a headcase?

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I thought the book on Lawson was he sucked against the run and could only rush 

If by only rush you mean 11.5 sacks in the last 3 years combined then yeah haha

Im throwing the bag at Barrett and calling it a day. Berry has always said "if there is a guy in FA you like, do whatever you need to do to get him". Similar to how they apparently offered both Clowney and Watt the highest amount of $$ but neither signed here

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If by only rush you mean 11.5 sacks in the last 3 years combined then yeah haha

Im throwing the bag at Barrett and calling it a day. Berry has always said "if there is a guy in FA you like, do whatever you need to do to get him". Similar to how they apparently offered both Clowney and Watt the highest amount of $$ but neither signed here

Not getting Watt looks pretty good now.

11 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I just think he’s going to cost too much money and they’re letting him go make his score

He’ll probably sign for like 4M somewhere else. He’s not going to get a lot. But he should and Berry will be making a huge mistake letting him go. 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, bruceb said:

Get guys who are upgrades over the likes of Hubbard and Harris, for starters.

And give Forbes some competition since we really have no idea what he can do.

Do we have any evidence the Forbes even wants to play?

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I heard most of his sacks were unblocked and schemed up rather than him beating his guy.

watch his sack highlights. Doesn’t look like a guy who was unblocked out schemed up for sack. The schemed up sacks were nothing special, basic cross stunts