2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

14 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/greedy-williams-opens-up-about-his-dead-shoulder-hurtful-fake-injury-attacks-and-plans-to-shock-the-world-in-21.html

Well, looks like Greedy will be back, but not ever at a 100% again. Sucks. I had a similar injury in high school and my shoulder is still messed up to this day. Hopefully he can manage with what he gets back.

hard to teach 6feet and 4.3 in the 40.

2 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/03/greedy-williams-opens-up-about-his-dead-shoulder-hurtful-fake-injury-attacks-and-plans-to-shock-the-world-in-21.html

Well, looks like Greedy will be back, but not ever at a 100% again. Sucks. I had a similar injury in high school and my shoulder is still messed up to this day. Hopefully he can manage with what he gets back.

Yeah, I tore my labrum from years of playing football and baseball and never got surgery on it. To this day I have to short arm everything I throw because if I extend my arm and throw hard I will get a shooting pain down the back of my arm from shoulder to my elbow.

Its going to suck if he has this flare up on a random tackle again next year.

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah, I tore my labrum from years of playing football and baseball and never got surgery on it. To this day I have to short arm everything I throw because if I extend my arm and throw hard I will get a shooting pain down the back of my arm from shoulder to my elbow.

Its going to suck if he has this flare up on a random tackle again next year.

I swear I had nerve issues in my shoulder from being slammed on it in wrestling camp. I remember it being dead the entire wrestling. I had every test you could get to figure out what was wrong with my shoulder, except the one Greedy was talking about. Took for every for my shoulder to heal up. After that tho, i could never make the throw from 3B to 1B again with out a lot of pain. I still get a frozen shoulder once and awhile if I use it too much during the day with repetitive motions

Edited by buno67

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I swear I had nerve issues in my shoulder from being slammed on it in wrestling. I remember it being dead the entire wrestling. I had every test you could get to figure out what was wrong with my shoulder, except the one Greedy was talking about. Took for every for my shoulder to heal up. After that tho, i could never make the throw from 3B to 1B again with out a lot of pain. I still get a frozen shoulder once and awhile if I use it too much during the day with repetitive motions

Was it nerves damage then or did they never figure it out?

I had a doctor who was a family friend check my shoulder out and he said its either torn labrum/rotator cuff. His reasoning for me not to get surgery was because I was in college done playing competitive sports so why go through the cost/pain of getting it fixed when Im never going to test my throwing arm like that again haha

Every so often I pick up a ball and throw it because I forget and it literally feels like somebody is holding a cigarette lighter going up and down my shoulder and tricep.

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Was it nerves damage then or did they never figure it out?

I had a doctor who was a family friend check my shoulder out and he said its either torn labrum/rotator cuff. His reasoning for me not to get surgery was because I was in college done playing competitive sports so why go through the cost/pain of getting it fixed when Im never going to test my throwing arm like that again haha

Every so often I pick up a ball and throw it because I forget and it literally feels like somebody is holding a cigarette lighter going up and down my shoulder and tricep.

Not sure.  Had bone scan and every type of MRI imaginable but they could never figure it out. Just over time it got better.  Never had nerve issues tested for it.

I know I still have issues because I’ll whip bad apples into the backyard into the woods for the rabbits and I get pain just doing that.  

14 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

Didn't see anything that said: "but not ever at a 100% again."

7 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

From the other thread:

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So many things.

1) I hope that Greedy proves us wrong and plays up to the potential that he has. He has the length at 6'2 and the athleticism/production in college to be a great man coverage/press man CB.

2) He's always been a soft and unwilling tackler. This quote stands out to me:

“We were doing this tackling drill,’' Williams said. “It’s supposed to be receivers running towards the sideline and we just wrap them up like formal tackling or whatever. It got out of hand and guys just started hitting like crazy with all of their force. I went and tried to hit a guy with all my force and he ducked his head into my shoulder and ran through my shoulder.’'

Translation:

I got run over by a wide receiver and got hurt, which feeds the narrative that I am not a physical player.

3) This quote, is really concerning:

Williams has been told the nerve will never get back to 100% but that he’ll be able to play at a high level with it at 85% to 90%. He might not be ready for mandatory minicamp in June if there is one, but plans to be ready to start the season.

I'm not saying that his injury isn't real with my second statement, or even that he milked it...but if he's never going to be 100% again, then we need to plan on him never being a contributor and need to add another CB BIG TIME. If Greedy ends up proving us wrong, then we have 3 capable to great CB's, which most teams need anyway in today's NFL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

Look up this quote: "Williams had been told the nerve will never get back to 100% but that he'll be able to play at a high level with it at 85% to 90%. He might not by ready for mandatory minicamp in June if there is one, but plans to be read to start this season."

Edited by Here'sJim
  • Like 1

I have a nerve issue in my left shoulder. I'm 33 years old and got this injury at 16. It's a disaster.

I'm a freaking strong dude, but nothing shames me more than picking up a 5 pound dumbbell and doing my shoulder workouts. This thing is literal garbage and on some days, has me close to tears. Plus, the shoulder injury will gravitate down your arm and up into your neck. It's one of the crappiest things I've had to deal with.

I can't imagine trying to make open field tackles with a bum shoulder like that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

I have a nerve issue in my left shoulder. I'm 33 years old and got this injury at 16. It's a disaster.

I'm a freaking strong dude, but nothing shames me more than picking up a 5 pound dumbbell and doing my shoulder workouts. This thing is literal garbage and on some days, has me close to tears. Plus, the shoulder injury will gravitate down your arm and up into your neck. It's one of the crappiest things I've had to deal with.

I can't imagine trying to make open field tackles with a bum shoulder like that.

Ok I am a combat medic and saw people that were shot thru the nerves returned to duty 

So that means he is going to be 100 percent I suggest we cut all you pansies. 

Would it work for is to restructure people this year? To create cap? Or does that just kick the can down the road. 

Also I wonder if some guys would take increased guaranteed $ for a reduced number. Bitonio has a lower salary but no security.