2021 Offseason Discussion

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Unless Teller wants top pay.

In that case, I draft.

But, how do you keep the guy you draft on the roster? Most teams carry 8-9 guys on the gameday roster and we're 10 deep with guys I WANT on the roster.

LT - Wills/Alex Taylor
LG - Bitonio/Hance
C - Tretter/Harris
RG - Teller/Forbes
RT - Conklin/Hubbard

And that's without resigning Michael Dunn which I absolutely would do if possible! Like, we're legitimately looking at having TOO MANY good OL to roster them all (which is an absolute tribute to the synergy between the FO and Callahan imo).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Those comp picks wouldnt be for next off season/draft. It would be for the following season. So in ‘23 it would be 3 3rds or 2 3rds & a 4th. Also I’m not letting Wyatt walk unless he gets an absolutely crazy contract offer from someone else. Dude is a different maker. Our run game changed when he was out. Hopefully Callahan helps keep our OL together by guys wanting to stay with him and will take slightly less deals for it

We will have  a number for Teller I think it is 13-15 million, I'm guessing he wants closer to 20. He is possibly going to be the bbeg or 2and best guard in the game, when we signed zeitler it was a the highest ever at gaurd and it got crapped on by zach Martin. He wants top $ Martin average was over 14 per year and that was 3-4 years ago.

8 minutes ago, FGK said:

But, how do you keep the guy you draft on the roster? Most teams carry 8-9 guys on the gameday roster and we're 10 deep with guys I WANT on the roster.

LT - Wills/Alex Taylor
LG - Bitonio/Hance
C - Tretter/Harris
RG - Teller/Forbes
RT - Conklin/Hubbard

And that's without resigning Michael Dunn which I absolutely would do if possible! Like, we're legitimately looking at having TOO MANY good OL to roster them all (which is an absolute tribute to the synergy between the FO and Callahan imo).

I'd consider trading Hubbard. He is getting a lot of money on the ben h and we need to pinch $$. 

He we might get a 5th or a 6th for him

18 minutes ago, FGK said:

We basically don't need to draft anyone. If Hubbard is retained, we're two deep at every OL position with a quality starter AND a solid (or young and athletic) backup. 

It's on the assumption  we trade teller for a 1. 

29 minutes ago, FGK said:

But, how do you keep the guy you draft on the roster?

Get guys who are upgrades over the likes of Hubbard and Harris, for starters.

And give Forbes some competition since we really have no idea what he can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I read that too, but that seems incredibly doubtful. They can't afford OBJ unless they plan to get rid of Godwin, which seems doubtful. And I would think they would just keep Antonio Brown as well.

What Im wondering is how the hell do the Bucs afford OBJ and WHY. I understand they are likely losing Godwin if they dont tag him but goodness that offense has enough WRs. Not to mention that little thing called the salary cap unless they dont mind giving up both Barrett/Godwin

36 minutes ago, FGK said:

LT - Wills/Alex Taylor
LG - Bitonio/Hance
C - Tretter/Harris
RG - Teller/Forbes
RT - Conklin/Hubbard

Good good good. If we want to continue to see Baker progress you need to keep investing around him so he stays in favorable situations. Cant go all Seahawks/Russell Wilson over here.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

We will have  a number for Teller I think it is 13-15 million, I'm guessing he wants closer to 20. He is possibly going to be the bbeg or 2and best guard in the game, when we signed zeitler it was a the highest ever at gaurd and it got crapped on by zach Martin. He wants top $ Martin average was over 14 per year and that was 3-4 years ago.

no guard makes $16m/yr. Teller isnt going to beat that by $4-5m. Also for Teller to do that. He has to play every game and be even more dominating than last year. Also for Martin he was 4x All-pro before he got his deal. Teller still has some way to go before he gets that massive pay day. Also if he is going to ask for that money, I would just franchise tag him

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

no guard makes $16m/yr. Teller isnt going to beat that by $4-5m. Also for Teller to do that. He has to play every game and be even more dominating than last year. Also for Martin he was 4x All-pro before he got his deal. Teller still has some way to go before he gets that massive pay day. Also if he is going to ask for that money, I would just franchise tag him

Thought the franchise tag is $15mm or so?

Not exactly a bargain on a 3/4s (games played) of a hit wonder.

I might do it for one year but I also would draft someone who could be his replacement.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Thought the franchise tag is $15mm or so?

Not exactly a bargain on a 3/4s (games played) of a hit wonder.

I might do it for one year but I also would draft someone who could be his replacement.

well its also under the assumption that he plays every game next year and plays as the best guard in the game. 

We aren't drafting any OL. This isn't even a good OL draft in terms of Zone Blocking prospects.

Give us all defense, with maybe a WR in there somewhere. If Teller leaves via FA, grab a guard in FA or the draft in 2022. We are loaded on that OL. It's the furthest thing from a priority right now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

We aren't drafting any OL. This isn't even a good OL draft in terms of Zone Blocking prospects.

Give us all defense, with maybe a WR in there somewhere. If Teller leaves via FA, grab a guard in FA or the draft in 2022. We are loaded on that OL. It's the furthest thing from a priority right now.

We'll draft someone. Might be late but we won’t not draft one. We need a backup tackle after Hubbard. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We'll draft someone. Might be late but we won’t not draft one. We need a backup tackle after Hubbard. 

We have someone. I don't think we're giving up on Alex Taylor this quickly, nor do I think a late round pick would unseat him. Taylor has a great physical upside and now has experience in our system and scheme. Why give up on that guy for a late round rookie that would likely have the same grade?

Also, I don't see any late round OT's that I like that could fit a zone scheme. There are an abundance of power tackles available, but nobody that strikes me as a great fit in a zone scheme. Some interiors, sure. But no tackles. I'm sure they're out there, but I think this is a weak class for zone blocking OT's to begin with.

We'll see how the organization sees guys like Nick Harris, Drew Forbes, and Alex Taylor headed into the draft/off-season. They also re-signed "Some guy named Blake" (LOL BAKER).

They still need some OT depth behind Hubbard IMO.