Pete Morelli Ref Crew vs Eagles

Chiefer

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If you are going to claim incompetence I will not argue against that, but it is incredibly hard to believe that the refs actually believe that the Panthers didn't commit a single penalty in regular game play. At some point, it goes from incompetence to something else when it gets this extreme. What that is I don't know, but it is very hard for me to believe it is only incompetence.

Trust me, I understand what you are saying. I'm not trying to make an excuse for the refs, but, trying to offer a different perspective. I yell at my screen all the time because it seems the Browns hardly get calls against them because we are a terrible team still trying to build up. Another example was, when Corey Coleman got sandwich by the Steelers (I can't remember the defenders name at the moment) there was a late flag when even in real time, the sound and sight of the helmet to helmet gave me that feeling right away that it was a penalty.

I'm agreeing with you that there was a lot more home cooking for the Panthers, but, at the same time the missed calls on the Panthers players could have been more to them being biased for the home team, that is just my opinion btw.

Could be a self-fulfilling prophecy on the part of the officiating crew. Maybe they saw a bunch of penalties by the Eagles in one game a while back and started watching them really closely. And as you watch a team more closely, you start to see a lot of infractions, including some that are "ticky-tack" or not even really there. It's not fair, but that's the reality of NFL officiating. It'll never be perfect, and no referee can be truly impartial.

The Refs clearly ignored plenty of calls that should of been made against the panthers .  Like body slaming Wentz ,  Jeffery PIs and a Couple Clear Face Masks .  All anyone has to do is watch the game to see .   Call the game fair .... cant be that hard .  I wont even talk about the non calls on hodling .  It has to be one of the worst games Ive seen by Refs in a long time .

No one knows for sure why Morelli and his crew have been so biased against the Eagles three last 4 times....

It's true he may be just a ref who favors the home team and gives them better calls, but it isn't just that. The disparity between Eagles penalties and their opponents in those 4 games is significantly larger than the disparity of the other away teams and home teams in his reffed games. 

Last night marked the first time EVER ssince the merger that one team had over 120 yards in penalties while the other had less than 10 (Panthers had one for one yard). 

And then think about this: In last years Detroit game, we had over 120 penalty yards and the Lions has 11. ELEVEN. 1 or 2 less yards in penalties and this discussion would be about how it's happened only two times in history, and both of those times were against the Eagles and with the same crew....

The odds of that being some coincidence are somewhere around a million to 1. (not an exact portability, but a very accurate guess :)

Plain and simple that was one of the worst reffed games 

Watching the game live I felt like Panthers were definitely getting a little help from the refs.

that said it was far from the worst game I’ve ever seen. Mostly tickytack stuff that went for the panthers, but nothing egregious imo 

On 13/10/2017 at 6:42 PM, Chiefer said:

Just read this article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/because-won-eagles-able-laugh-132559710.html

"Coming into Thursday, the Eagles were well aware of which officiating crew would be throwing flags in Charlotte, Jenkins said. They likely knew them as the same crew that hit them for 14 penalties and 111 yards in Detroit last season, while flagging the Lions just twice for 18 yards. 

In fact, the last four times Pete Morelli's crew has officiated an Eagles game it's been away from Lincoln Financial Field. The disparity in penalties is shocking. In those last four games, dating back to 2013, Morelli's crew has hit the Eagles with 40 penalties for 396 yards. Eagles opponents have been penalized eight times for 74 yards."

Why the disparity?

We have the same issue with Boggart. It's got to the point where they gameplan penalties/losing chunks of yardage when his crew are officiating. 

3 hours ago, PackyAttacky said:

Now we need a thread about these baised ones in MN,  worst reffed game I have ever seen. They are tackling our defenders and no flags thrown for holding. No wonder the ratings are down.

But is there a history of this crew calling games massively in favor against your team?

On 10/13/2017 at 8:56 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If you are going to claim incompetence I will not argue against that, but it is incredibly hard to believe that the refs actually believe that the Panthers didn't commit a single penalty in regular game play. At some point, it goes from incompetence to something else when it gets this extreme. What that is I don't know, but it is very hard for me to believe it is only incompetence.

Or...  The Panthers are the least penalized team in the league. But let’s keep running away with this meaningless statistic since there is no context with it...

Archived