Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

3 hours ago, KBS756 said:

If the owner and easterby went behind their new Gms back and did that ... pretty sure they’d need a new owner before they had any chance of hiring anyone remotely competent at any level going forward 

LOL the owner will NEVER go until they die. This is their team and they can do what they want no matter what. This is not the NBA where you can force an owner to sell. 

The best move for Houston is to trade Watson and move on. You get what you can for him and move on even if it is not at full value. If I was Houstin I would take pick 2, Sam Darnold, and a first and second round pick next year and move on. 

It’s a situation that should be handled where the owner goes to the GM and say he needs to be traded. Find the best deal for this team and trade him. Quit going to the media and saying he’s going nowhere. He doesn’t want to be here and we will have great offers for him. So get a great deal and move on.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a situation that should be handled where the owner goes to the GM and say he needs to be traded. Find the best deal for this team and trade him. Quit going to the media and saying he’s going nowhere. He doesn’t want to be here and we will have great offers for him. So get a great deal and move on.

Agree 100%. But there are some FO’s that like to play hardball. For the good of the league they ration. As stupid as it may sound and as poor a business decision as it may appear, it is possible that Cal will dig in his feet and play out this farce for quite some time. Those billionaires don’t think like normal people. Sometimes they will sacrifice $ to wield their power. Maybe Cal needs to use that as an aphrodisiac. Who knows.

14 hours ago, xrade said:

Agree 100%. But there are some FO’s that like to play hardball. For the good of the league they ration. As stupid as it may sound and as poor a business decision as it may appear, it is possible that Cal will dig in his feet and play out this farce for quite some time. Those billionaires don’t think like normal people. Sometimes they will sacrifice $ to wield their power. Maybe Cal needs to use that as an aphrodisiac. Who knows.

The fan base is already pissed off at everything. Trading Watson helps rebuild there franchise.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The fan base is already pissed off at everything. Trading Watson helps rebuild there franchise.

Agreed. But Cal may just be stubborn enough to not listen to anyone. It is not unprecedented but I just can’t think of any ATM. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:02 PM, famousj said:

Here is my blockbuster trade deal.

3-way deal between Jets,Texans and 49ers

Jets get Deshaun Watson , JJ Watt and SF (2021 5th round pick)

Texans get #2 , #12 (From SF) and #34

49ers get Sam Darnold, #23 and Hou (4th round pick)

Jets get their QB and pass rusher Texans had to cut or trade anyway.

Texans get picks to rebuild with this year. 

49ers get a potential starter in Sam Darnold as they move down in the 1st round.  Sam Darnold is happy to go back to the west coast.

You people have to stop all this three way trade deals there has not been a three way major trade in the NFL since Oct, of 1989. that is over thirty years ago. It just does not happen in the NFL for many reasons. 

20 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed. But Cal may just be stubborn enough to not listen to anyone. It is not unprecedented but I just can’t think of any ATM. 

Well its a matter of time before Watson's team tells them he's not reporting then. And force them to trade him or he sits out.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Well its a matter of time before Watson's team tells them he's not reporting then. And force them to trade him or he sits out.

Probably. I just think this whole ordeal is going to be more prolonged than we hope. It would make absolute sense to trade Watson before the draft if it appears there may be no resolution. But I never underestimate the stupidity of some people. 

Just now, xrade said:

Probably. I just think this whole ordeal is going to be more prolonged than we hope. It would make absolute sense to trade Watson before the draft if it appears there may be no resolution. But I never underestimate the stupidity of some people. 

I think a team really wants to get a deal done before FA. Which I believe starts March 17th. So we have roughly around 5 weeks for something to happen. But really we will start seeing some trades and such I believe soon. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think a team really wants to get a deal done before FA. Which I believe starts March 17th. So we have roughly around 5 weeks for something to happen. But really we will start seeing some trades and such I believe soon. 

True. As you stated a while ago, the longer Houston waits the less they may receive in a trade. This may work in the Jets favor. My reason is that JD seems like a patient man and is holding some really good cards. He could keep Sam or draft a rookie at 2. Since there are only a handful of teams that can realistically trade for Watson, maybe one or two fill their QB needs in FA or look elsewhere. This reduces the competition and thus the cost.  So I hope this lasts until just before the draft. That is when his cost may be lowest.

41 minutes ago, xrade said:

I think it is a lot more than being stupid. Houston has massive public relation problem. People are not over losings Deandre Hopkins before the 2020 season, and now they will probably going to lose Watson. Maybe the owner thinks he can talk Watson into staying, which is probably a real long shot. They don't have a first or second round pick in this years draft. So right now they are flat out &&&&&&. We don't have to beg for Watson, Houston has to beg us to take Watson. Who else has the buying power the Jets have??

4 hours ago, xrade said:

True. As you stated a while ago, the longer Houston waits the less they may receive in a trade. This may work in the Jets favor. My reason is that JD seems like a patient man and is holding some really good cards. He could keep Sam or draft a rookie at 2. Since there are only a handful of teams that can realistically trade for Watson, maybe one or two fill their QB needs in FA or look elsewhere. This reduces the competition and thus the cost.  So I hope this lasts until just before the draft. That is when his cost may be lowest.

A few days before FA would be better. Then the offensive playmakers would be like this coming to join him here...

Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

A few days before FA would be better. Then the offensive playmakers would be like this coming to join him here...

Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Point well taken. Although I would not want all those old vets with high cap hits as you suggest by the video.

I’m still not buying Watson gets traded before the draft. I just don’t see Houston trading him for anything less than a massive haul. And I don’t see the Jets or Dolphins meeting does demand. Houston will try and smooth this over during training camp. He may get traded in the summer if Houston realizes nothing can truly be done to repair the relationship. Until then, it’s one big game of chicken where nobody wants to lose.

Edited by SDotNova