Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Why would HOU pigeon hole themself to just 1 trade partner? Really the only way to get more out of a team is to have multiple suitors and create a bidding war. With his quotes there is no competition besides them convincing him to stay (which I believe is far fetche...

From a demand standpoint, it doesn’t make sense for them to pigeon hole themselves. But the reality is they are. Why would Houston trade him to Carolina or SF? SF is super bowl contender with Watson and Carolina is a playoff team. The #12 pick is not getting you a QB and SF future 1st are going to be in the 20’s with Watson on the team. The Carolina pick might get you the 4th QB, but that’s not guaranteed. 

Aside from the Jets, the only other real option is Miami. And you have to be comfortable with Tua or QB #3 on your board this year because Miami is a playoff team with Watson.

One other alternative they may have is to trade Watson and hope their own pick in 2022 can net them a QB. But that’s a hard sell.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

From a demand standpoint, it doesn’t make sense for them to pigeon hole themselves. But the reality is they are. Why would Houston trade him to Carolina or SF? SF is super bowl contender with Watson and Carolina is a playoff team. The #12 pick is not getting you a QB and SF future 1st are going to be in the 20’s with Watson on the team. The Carolina pick might get you the 4th QB, but that’s not guaranteed. 

Aside from the Jets, the only other real option is Miami. And you have to be comfortable with Tua or QB #3 on your board this year because Miami is a playoff team with Watson.

One other alternative they may have is to trade Watson and hope their own pick in 2022 can net them a QB. But that’s a hard sell.

2 questions are you convinced that Watson would waive his no trade clause? I am not talking about media blowing it up and saying he wants out and will go anywhere, from a realistic stand point would Saleh be enough for him to say this is the only spot I am comfortable going to over Houston? If it is then he waives it. The second is, does houston really want to deal and see Watson in the same conference as their own team? Most (not all) big time trades are usually done on the opposite conference, ie Jamal Adams to Seattle, Jalen Ramsey to LAR, Yannick to Minnesota, Hopkins to Arizona, Diggs to Buffalo, Cooks to LAR then to Hou if the option of opposing conference is involved. Both of these questions have to be considered in the trade discussion and depends on what the actual offer is, will #2 trump #12 absolutely but if niners offer 3 physical 1st rd picks and jets offer 2 then they have to weigh their options just like Detroit did with the Rams taking the 2 1st rd picks that arent even this year plus a 3rd rd over pick #8 from Carolina and their 3rd rd pick this year. You have to assume Rams would be landing a late 1st rd in back to back years for detroit which could be equivalent to the #8 pick if they wanted to trade up. While it would be interesting to see Watson in the AFC East I just dont see the value he is worth and the willingness of the Texans to give him up just yet. Texans may just hold on to him just to force him to play or sit. Keep in mind this is the same owner that said that you cant have the inmates run the prison, ie you cant have the players run the league....He would be breaking the one thing he made so public by allowing the one and only blue chip player go for pennies on the dollar after paying him such a massive deal and having to eat all that dead cap.

19 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

2 questions are you convinced that Watson would waive his no trade clause? I am not talking about media blowing it up and saying he wants out and will go anywhere, from a realistic stand point would Saleh be enough for him to say this is the only spot I am comfortable going to over Houston? If it is then he waives it. The second is, does houston really want to deal and see Watson in the same conference as their own team? Most (not all) big time trades are usually done on the opposite conference, ie Jamal Adams to Seattle, Jalen Ramsey to LAR, Yannick to Minnesota, Hopkins to Arizona, Diggs to Buffalo, Cooks to LAR then to Hou if the option of opposing conference is involved. Both of these questions have to be considered in the trade discussion and depends on what the actual offer is, will #2 trump #12 absolutely but if niners offer 3 physical 1st rd picks and jets offer 2 then they have to weigh their options just like Detroit did with the Rams taking the 2 1st rd picks that arent even this year plus a 3rd rd over pick #8 from Carolina and their 3rd rd pick this year. You have to assume Rams would be landing a late 1st rd in back to back years for detroit which could be equivalent to the #8 pick if they wanted to trade up. While it would be interesting to see Watson in the AFC East I just dont see the value he is worth and the willingness of the Texans to give him up just yet. Texans may just hold on to him just to force him to play or sit. Keep in mind this is the same owner that said that you cant have the inmates run the prison, ie you cant have the players run the league....He would be breaking the one thing he made so public by allowing the one and only blue chip player go for pennies on the dollar after paying him such a massive deal and having to eat all that dead cap.

I think he would waive his no trade clause to come to NY.

And regarding the in conference thing... HOU doesn’t have much of a choice. The 2 best trade partners for them are us and MIA both AFC teams, but not in the same division. And let’s be real. If they’re trading away Watson and more players to rebuild and acquire picks. They’re not competing for deep playoff runs for several years. So I don’t think that’s something let let hold them back. Making there team better is the focus for them. I think that includes AFC teams as well. Just not teams inside their division. 

Sounds like you’re only considering these things bc you don’t want Watson on the Jets. It’s a rather lazy guess at things. 

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ffs I don’t want to sound like a ***** but why are you commentating on here again about the same thing? Doing my ******* head in. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he would waive his no trade clause to come to NY.

And regarding the in conference thing... HOU doesn’t have much of a choice. The 2 best trade partners for them are us and MIA both AFC teams, but not in the same division. And let’s be real. If they’re trading away Watson and more players to rebuild and acquire picks. They’re not competing for deep playoff runs for several years. So I don’t think that’s something let let hold them back. Making there team better is the focus for them. I think that includes AFC teams as well. Just not teams inside their division. 

It will be interesting to see if he does in fact be willing to waive it.

Who is to say miami and jets are both top trade partners? Just because the draft capital is there to make the trade doesnt mean they are the best trade partners ? I would assume Chicago and San Fran are the top 2 at the moment because they are in their small window to make a superbowl run as the pressure on GM/HC are there where both Gaines and Douglas are just in the rebuild mode now. It would have to come down to who is more desperate and teams like Niners and Bears are in win now mode without a qb so mortgaging their future to save their jobs may be something Houston would take advantage of over the Jets who could easily give up a pick or 2 but giving up more which seems to be the case (based off of Stafford's deal) may not be something two young and up and coming teams may be looking to do at the moment. 

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

It will be interesting to see if he does in fact be willing to waive it.

Who is to say miami and jets are both top trade partners? Just because the draft capital is there to make the trade doesnt mean they are the best trade partners ? I would assume Chicago and San Fran are the top 2 at the moment because they are in their small window to make a superbowl run as the pressure on GM/HC are there where both Gaines and Douglas are just in the rebuild mode now. It would have to come down to who is more desperate and teams like Niners and Bears are in win now mode without a qb so mortgaging their future to save their jobs may be something Houston would take advantage of over the Jets who could easily give up a pick or 2 but giving up more which seems to be the case (based off of Stafford's deal) may not be something two young and up and coming teams may be looking to do at the moment. 

Sounds like you just don’t want Watson in the afc east man. And you’re doing a bad job of hiding it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Ffs I don’t want to sound like a ***** but why are you commentating on here again about the same thing? Doing my ******* head in. 

I came in here to talk football and have a proper discussion, I enjoy talking about all things football. Thats the point of the forum, No? Just because I lay out a different argument then what you are seeking, doesn't mean I am in here to cause issues. No need to be all worked up about it, you could easily skip over what I say and go about your life if it bothers you so much. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Sounds like you just don’t want Watson in the afc east man. And you’re doing a bad job of hiding it 

I honestly do not care if he is in the division or not. Just do not see how you can only say that Miami and NYJ are the best options, yes the appeal and thought of these being the most likely of two because of the draft capital and both having high picks but that doesnt mean they are willing to give them up. The thing that I mention is both teams arent in win now mode so I dont see them giving up 3 first rd picks or more to land his services where the Niners and Bears would likely do at this point since they know their teams have 1-2 years remaining in their window to compete for a superbowl. Jets are 3-4 years away with a proper rebuild for competing, if you connect on all the proper pieces in the draft and free agency. Thats why I said Detroit took the Rams offer over pick #8 because they know they can do more with multiple 1st rd picks to build a winning team down the road because they wont be ready to compete right away. We will see what happens though once Wentz goes it will be pretty much down to Darnold and Watson as potential available qbs and where the market will be for them. 

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

I honestly do not care if he is in the division or not. Just do not see how you can only say that Miami and NYJ are the best options, yes the appeal and thought of these being the most likely of two because of the draft capital and both having high picks but that doesnt mean they are willing to give them up. The thing that I mention is both teams arent in win now mode so I dont see them giving up 3 first rd picks or more to land his services where the Niners and Bears would likely do at this point since they know their teams have 1-2 years remaining in their window to compete for a superbowl. Jets are 3-4 years away with a proper rebuild for competing, if you connect on all the proper pieces in the draft and free agency. Thats why I said Detroit took the Rams offer over pick #8 because they know they can do more with multiple 1st rd picks to build a winning team down the road because they wont be ready to compete right away. We will see what happens though once Wentz goes it will be pretty much down to Darnold and Watson as potential available qbs and where the market will be for them. 

Several reasons. And I think I’ve already said this to you several weeks ago...

We have a big market here in NY. He can make a ton of money besides football here.

He loves our HC. And I think he does truly think we are at the start of turning things around.

So there’s reasons on why he’d waive his no trade clause.

And regarding why we’d be the best trade partner? The reasons are countless. We have a ton of cap, we have 2 1st rounder the next 2 years. We have the 2nd pick. We could trade them Darnold who they might like.

If all that doesn’t add up to why we are a favorite for him. I don’t know what will.

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He is waiving the no trade clause. Watson has already asked the team to trade him. Watson has also deleted all his social media accounts and pics that has the Texans on them. I'm 99% sure he is gone. You can't keep a guy like this on your team. This is just plan bad for the Texans. So he will be moved. Now you are saying they will not trade him to an AFC team. That is not true. Now if you say in the divison I get that and most teams hate to do that espically a QB. I can tell you trades that keep the person in the conferance too. Here is a few you forgot just from this year. Trent Williams, Darius Slay, Everson Griffen, Desmond King and Avery Williams. Now will Watson go to the Jets I think it is a huge chance. You don;t tag things and like things with the Jets when you are under contract with the Texans just for fun. He wants to be a Jet for sure because of Saleh. These are the facts not just hopes and ifs. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

He is waiving the no trade clause. Watson has already asked the team to trade him. Watson has also deleted all his social media accounts and pics that has the Texans on them. I'm 99% sure he is gone. You can't keep a guy like this on your team. This is just plan bad for the Texans. So he will be moved. Now you are saying they will not trade him to an AFC team. That is not true. Now if you say in the divison I get that and most teams hate to do that espically a QB. I can tell you trades that keep the person in the conferance too. Here is a few you forgot just from this year. Trent Williams, Darius Slay, Everson Griffen, Desmond King and Avery Williams. Now will Watson go to the Jets I think it is a huge chance. You don;t tag things and like things with the Jets when you are under contract with the Texans just for fun. He wants to be a Jet for sure because of Saleh. These are the facts not just hopes and ifs. 

I didnt say that they wouldn't trade him to the AFC I am saying that teams prefer to go to the other conference if the opportunity arises. I know players get traded in the division it has happened in the past its not ideal for those teams but that is the best offer they got on him. Your not going to pigeon hole yourself to 16 teams by saying its in the best interest to not deal with him entirely by sending him to the NFC but if it came down to similar trade options ideally you would prefer to send him to the NFC over AFC, same thing with sending him out of division then in division, look at the Bills they gave up more then any other team to get Drew Bledsoe from the Pats. FWIW hes liking stuff on Niners, Raiders, Miami, and several other teams thats what these guys do especially in FA to get media talking about it. While I agree it is bad for Houston Texans that he is acting out this way at the same time you traded up in the draft to get him, and then paid him money for it to kick in this year. The cost of trading him would be more then his cap, and you have him on the books for 5 years. Why move him, why not force him to play out his deal or retire? Call his bluff let him play out the year, if not you can still land a haul next offseason if he doesnt come around to it.

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Several reasons. And I think I’ve already said this to you several weeks ago...

We have a big market here in NY. He can make a ton of money besides football here.

He loves our HC. And I think he does truly think we are at the start of turning things around.

So there’s reasons on why he’d waive his no trade clause.

And regarding why we’d be the best trade partner? The reasons are countless. We have a ton of cap, we have 2 1st rounder the next 2 years. We have the 2nd pick. We could trade them Darnold who they might like.

If all that doesn’t add up to why we are a favorite for him. I don’t know what will.

I will accept what your saying, I am not denying that you have the draft capital to make the move. My view is why would Joe Douglas move so many picks to only put a target on his back. Going for a big fish like that and putting all your eggs in the Watson basket you need to win sooner rather then later if you do that, you have no excuse by making this move and not winning right away. You have teams that are on year 4/5 of their 5 year deal with nothing to lose at this point and would be mortgaging the future of that organization in hopes to save their job today. If you get in a bidding war with these guys then you will end up overpaying and then Joe Douglas could be looking for a job come 2023 offseason if he has nothing to show for it. That is my reasoning as to why I dont see the Jets being the best options out there, not because they do not have the capital it is because Douglas and Saleh are practically brand new to the organization and are trying to play the long game not to go all in and potentially bust. While Shanahan who has to now face stafford, wilson and a young Murray in the division with an injury prone Jimmy G, or a Bears who has to deal with Aaron Rodgers, and Kirk Cousins with Nick Foles as your QB moving forward is something these 2 desperate franchises might do by mortgaging their 1st rd draft picks as well as mid rounds and potential young non qb players just to get a shot at winning the division and saving their jobs. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I came in here to talk football and have a proper discussion, I enjoy talking about all things football. Thats the point of the forum, No? Just because I lay out a different argument then what you are seeking, doesn't mean I am in here to cause issues. No need to be all worked up about it, you could easily skip over what I say and go about your life if it bothers you so much. 

Yeah man but it’s the same thing over and over. You’ve come on here several times just ****ting on us and it’s not that it bothers me but I feel like I need to call you out on it.

Nothing personal that’s why I wasn’t overly critical of your post but it’s just seems like your coming on here and basically slinging ****. You’ve done the same thing numerous times in the general thread discussing Deshaun.   

If you think we are ****e and don’t have a shot of landing him that’s fair enough and I completely respect someone’s opinion if it differs from myself. However you’ve said the same thing constantly with very little to back it up....like Bobby said it looks like your trying to talk yourself into him not coming here as if anything we discuss on this site has any barring as to what’s going out in league circles. 

Don’t want to come off as a prick and would love you to stay in our forum and discuss all football matters that cool but your chatting the same ****e over and over again and it pisses me off.