This might be it for Rodgers

pf9

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I agree. If GB is paying exorbitant prices for regular season heroics, they should also extend to the postseason. We deserve someone who plays up to their contract in nfcc games.

How did he not play up to his contract?  He's the league MVP.  Amazing TD to INT ratio.  Bought into a system....etc.

I goggled "highest paid nfl quarterbacks, 2020".

Mahomes, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Goff.

Only one of them is still playing.  A great QB gives you a chance, you aren't guaranteed anything.

Just sit back and enjoy the greatness of #12 while it is here.  And remember, that he can still play better.  As much as this offense evolved last year, it can do even more in the future.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Not to mention a mind boggling defensive lapse to end the half and a fumble on the 1st series of the 2nd half.  Put that with what you mentioned ... amazing game was as close as it was.

That lapse cost us the game TBH. You can never scheme to recover a fumble that happens when your ball carrier gets drilled by a perfect angle, but you sure as hell can scheme for shots the end zone at the end of a half - that's just common sense and Pettine should be fired for that alone. If the Jets, a horribly mismanaged organization, can make the right call when a DC does something that incredibly stupid why shouldn't the Packers make a snap decision as well. 

I can't even express my disappointment, every season same story, we choke when it matters the most, everything was laid out for us, home field advantage, great season until this point and we simply blew it.

How the hell did we allow a TD in the last seconds of the first half it beyond me, then we have 2 back to back picks and we are not able to do sh*t, then we settle for a field goal when we needed a TD and a 2pt conversion and to top it all the refs flag King for jersey pull when they allowed that crap all day long.

I don't think we can pick up from this drought, this team simply doesn't have what it takes to go all the way, eternal chokers.

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How did he not play up to his contract?  He's the league MVP.  Amazing TD to INT ratio.  Bought into a system....etc.

I goggled "highest paid nfl quarterbacks, 2020".

Mahomes, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Goff.

Only one of them is still playing.  A great QB gives you a chance, you aren't guaranteed anything.

Just sit back and enjoy the greatness of #12 while it is here.  And remember, that he can still play better.  As much as this offense evolved last year, it can do even more in the future.

Oh he totally played up to the contract in the regular season. Aside from a couple blips he usually plays lights out during the regular season. Totally deserves an MVP this year for the regular season.

That being said he continually proves he's not that guy in the postseason, at least in nfccg.

18 minutes ago, CroCopNo1 said:

I can't even express my disappointment, every season same story, we choke when it matters the most, everything was laid out for us, home field advantage, great season until this point and we simply blew it.

How the hell did we allow a TD in the last seconds of the first half it beyond me, then we have 2 back to back picks and we are not able to do sh*t, then we settle for a field goal when we needed a TD and a 2pt conversion and to top it all the refs flag King for jersey pull when they allowed that crap all day long.

I don't think we can pick up from this drought, this team simply doesn't have what it takes to go all the way, eternal chokers.

It's coaching. I have hope that LaFleur will improve, but he stunk it up yesterday in a huge game.  Pettine had a gaffe so bad before that half that might get him fired.  He's just not good enough.  Our special teams are always bad .. that a coaching and an organizational problem. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Oh he totally played up to the contract in the regular season. Aside from a couple blips he usually plays lights out during the regular season. Totally deserves an MVP this year for the regular season.

That being said he continually proves he's not that guy in the postseason, at least in nfccg.

When you pay a QB top dollars, as the list indicates, that should get you into the postseason.  Where anything can happen.  When you invest that much, it guarantees you nothing in the playoffs.  But it sure as heck gets you into the big games.

Teams win games.  Not one player.

If I'm going to fault Rodgers for this game, here they are.

• Only having eyes for 'Vante in the red zone.
  • Not having eyes for just 'Vante on the one free play we had.  It was as easy a TD as there will ever be in playoff football.

And there is the conundrum.  I want him to see everyone, but not just 'Vante.  Except when 'Vante is wide open.  And I can't have it both ways.

Aaron Rodgers was not perfect yesterday. 

And...

I'm not ashamed to say, if/when Rodgers leaves Green Bay, I will be a fan of whomever he goes to until his career is over. Once he retires, I'll return to Green Bay. But not until that happens. I am tired of Rodgers needing to be perfect. Not perfect so that we win a game, but perfect so that we have a chance at a late game comeback. Because even if he's perfect, it's gonna be tough to win against the good teams. I am tired of there always being a weird, inexcusable play or two at the very worst times of every playoff game. I'm not asking for flawless execution all game long. But just don't be doing inexcusable things. You can lose on some plays but losing in the fashion that they do is just insane. Why doesn't the other team have a weird gaffe of some kind that's puts Rodgers in position to win these games? Its always the Packers. If Rodgers throws picks like Brady or Wilson, etc, they have ZERO chance at winning. He threw one and shouldn't have even happened. No way that dude was picking that off without holding Lazard back. Lazard would've had the defender shielded without a blatant hold. But I digress. I was really starting to trust and believe that LaFleur was wise beyond his years. But he looked like a neutered dog going up against a rottweiler again. I hope Rodgers stays. I really hope. I want them to make this **** happen in Green Bay. But I won't blame Rodgers if they fail to do so

Edited by rthom348

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Based on the redzone, it had nothing to do with long striding receivers and a lot to do with the return of last year's Rodgers. 

Based on his stats for the game, multiply it by 16 (full season) and he'd have 5,500+ pass yards, 48 tudders, 0 picks since the one that happened was a clear penalty that wasn't called, and a 68+% completion percentage.

He missed a few opportunities in the game, as does every quarterback ever. 

Not sure how 'last year's rodgers' returned. He played with so much damn heart yesterday and you're too damn spoiled to appreciate it. He shouldn't need to do everything right all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

Based on his stats for the game, multiply it by 16 (full season) and he'd have 5,500+ pass yards, 48 tudders, 0 picks since the one that happened was a clear penalty that wasn't called, and a 68+% completion percentage.

He missed a few opportunities in the game, as does every quarterback ever. 

Not sure how 'last year's rodgers' returned. He played with so much damn heart yesterday and you're too damn spoiled to appreciate it. He shouldn't need to do everything right all the time.

Well ****, I didn't take into account how much heart he played with, let me change up my stance completely.

He wouldn't throw 768 times in a season so your per season numbers are garbage. He would have a few TDs vultured by the run game because we did nothing but throw to Adams (except the one play he was successful). 

It was a bad throw even without the penalty, and people need to be honest with themselves, that wasn't that obnoxious of a penalty. Worse doesn't get called all the time. 

This looked like last year's Rodgers. Holding the ball, running into sacks, staring down Adams, etc.

The difference between Rodgers and the rest of the team is that when Rodgers makes a mistake, the fanbase starts turning over every stone to find somebody else to blame. When other players on the roster make a mistake, they get shredded.

• Like 3