Double Space vs Single Space Starting a New Sentence

MKnight82

So when I was taught how to type they had people double spacing to start a new sentence.  I know that the new standard is a single space, but no matter how much I try I just instinctively double space every new sentence.  This bothers me, because I actually think a single space looks better.  But alas, I can't seem to do it.  Anyone else have this problem or am I just crazy? 

31 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So when I was taught how to type they had people double spacing to start a new sentence.  I know that the new standard is a single space, but no matter how much I try I just instinctively double space every new sentence.  This bothers me, because I actually think a single space looks better.  But alas, I can't seem to do it.  Anyone else have this problem or am I just crazy? 

I don't notice it either way, but I was never taught that method (even though I know of it's existence). The one for me? I use the oxford comma. 

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Double space makes sense for typewriters. When's the last time you used one?

malcom tucker GIF

When I was going through school they taught us double spaced on computers.  Probably because the teachers had been taught on typewriters.  No I've never used a typewriter. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't notice it either way, but I was never taught that method (even though I know of it's existence). The one for me? I use the oxford comma. 

Because you're a person with standards, class, and culture. I hate people that are anti-oxford comma with a passion generally reserved for ideals and politics. 

• Like 2