Maximum Carnage Mafia (Legacy) - GAME OVER Bcb wins and everyone else loses, lol

Blue

20 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

He also was seemingly the only town who picked up what I was laying down.. I assumed you did too, but I was hoping the fact that most of the town had me so high on their lists would keep me alive

I got that as well, because you quoted me directly and said that you were very interested to see the flip on either Daniel or Squire. I think I even liked it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

if we didnt kill you, you would have won alone

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

The two Mastermind roles were only threats to Town under specific circumstances--I didn't think it was entirely fair to them to imply to Town that any non-Thunderbolts were a threat. Again, Daniel could have won with Town if Gopher was alive and a dead Bcb wins with Town. At best, I could have made their Mastermind wincons more difficult to achieve, but it's not like they had direct routes to accomplish killing Ross (or Iron Fist, for Bcb's alternate scum-sided wincon).

Just now, Daniel said:

Technically, I misspoke there. You won alone if Gopher died and came back as Red Hulk--you won with Town if Gopher stayed as General Ross the whole game.

The idea was that Ross was keeping Purple Man in check, and once Ross died, the finger was off the kill switch.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ah, so he was killed by a townie, after you pitch that we're scummates to the town?

Kinda sounds like he probably doesn't die in this alternate scenario.

If you had survived and Squire had been voted out that Day, I think Gopher almost certainly survives to the end...which means Hero for Hire faction would have had a tough go of it.

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

6. Thematically, it made sense to have the Thunderbolts fixated on Carnage and not identifying other "threats." This is definitely the weakest reason IMO because it relies on knowledge of the source material, but characters like Purple Man and The Hand are clearly bad guys (on a different, distinct level from the other T-Bolts) who would seek to undermine the Thunderbolts if possible. The comparison I would make is having the Starks win with Ramsey Bolton in a Mafia setup--he might be inclined to help them towards their wincon, but he's 100% going to screw them for his own benefit if he's left alive.

Nitpicking, as I know its just an example

But it would seem pretty weird to me to have the Starks have a wincon of "eliminate all Lannisters" and then at the end be like... jk, Lannisters are all dead, but you don't win because Ramsey Bolton is still alive (also I can't believe you guys just ignored the Tyrells)

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

Nitpicking, as I know its just an example

But it would seem pretty weird to me to have the Starks have a wincon of "eliminate all Lannisters" and then at the end be like... jk, Lannisters are all dead, but you don't win because Ramsey Bolton is still alive (also I can't believe you guys just ignored the Tyrells)

That's a fair point, I don't disagree. But if they were told that Ramsay Bolton can't win with them and he's doing his damnedest to make sure the game ends as soon as possible, well...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

2. The two Mastermind roles were only threats to Town under specific circumstances--I didn't think it was entirely fair to them to imply to Town that any non-Thunderbolts were a threat. Again, Daniel could have won with Town if Gopher was alive and a dead Bcb wins with Town. At best, I could have made their Mastermind wincons more difficult to achieve, but it's not like they had direct routes to accomplish killing Ross (or Iron Fist, for Bcb's alternate scum-sided wincon).

"Eliminate all threats to the Thunderbolts" wouldn't even really imply that, though. In most games, a lot of Indies aren't a threat. The wincon you gave as is instead sent the opposite (and false) implication that only Carnage was a threat.

Of course, once Daniel revealed he could win alone and bcb refused to claim the name of his Blue alignment, there was no excuse for town to not kill him. So yes, town's decision to let him linger on despite the false wincon was pretty bad lol.