2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

@Outpost31

I'm seeing various values for Brady's 2020 cap hit, but primarily see $28.4 million which was the 4th highest cap hit among QBs in 2020 at 14.3%.

It wasn’t.  It changed at some point.  I remember it happening because I was smiling when the Buccs signed him knowing there was no way, and the he changed it at some point and I went, “****.”

The exact same thing happened the last year he won one in New England.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It wasn’t.  It changed at some point.  I remember it happening because I was smiling when the Buccs signed him knowing there was no way, and the he changed it at some point and I went, “****.”

The exact same thing happened the last year he won one in New England.

can you find a link for this?

54 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

can you find a link for this?

No, but trust Overthecap’s cap hit percentage.  That’s the site that always has it right by year’s end based on all the tweeks and bonuses and how everything ends.  Other sites don’t get the bonuses and cash and etc right and they just go by total money.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, but trust Overthecap’s cap hit percentage.  That’s the site that always has it right by year’s end based on all the tweeks and bonuses and how everything ends.  Other sites don’t get the bonuses and cash and etc right and they just go by total money.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2020/

This list?

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It wasn’t.  It changed at some point.  I remember it happening because I was smiling when the Buccs signed him knowing there was no way, and the he changed it at some point and I went, “****.”  The exact same thing happened the last year he won one in New England.

I believe he reworked his contract twice this off season to allow the team more cap space to resign players.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  You have to go into the player’s page and then go to history.  It will show you their cap hit percentage for each year of their career.

It doesn’t show up on mobile for some reason.

too much screen time work for me today to run all that down on each player page

maybe some other day

12 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Like I said its utterly irrelevant because we have pretty much borrowed enough money from future caps to pay Rodgers cap hit. If you are going to borrow 35m or so to try and win a superbowl  then using to spend on the league MPV is a pretty good way.

Going to keep requoting this whilst Outpost keeps saying you can't win a super bowl spending more than 12% of the cap on a QB

Rodgers cap hit this year does not harm the chances of winning a super bowl in 2021 if you have borrowed all the money from future years.  Rodgers cap hit could be 50% and it wouldn't matter if we shoved 100 void years onto everyone's contract to pay for it.

It screws future years admittedly. But isn't that what everyone is screaming for. All-in and all that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, cannondale said:

......and none of it matters if you keep drafting backups, non-premium guys with early picks, and don't fix the defense

Good teams rarely see rookies starting. Barnes started last year and rookies got more playing time as the season wore on - Runyan, Martin, Dillon come to mind. I also think Deguara would have seen a lot of playing time if not hurt.. 

On 4/3/2021 at 8:18 PM, thrILL! said:

Remember when Bush got all that playing time in the Super Bowl?  How terrifying was that?  Not what we wanted to see as fans lol.  To his credit, he actually played well and had a crucial INT.  

That was Bush's 4th season and 2020 was Redmond's 4th  season.  They're very similar players so I'd imagine Redmond's ceiling is Bush.  Maybe he can kick it up a notch with a better(?) DC.

Every negative thought I ever had regarding Bush was erased by his performance in the SB.  He showed up in a big way when it mattered most.  I will always remember him fondly.

• Like 7