2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

But probably just count the full draft, right? Like who cares if they hit in the mids if another team hits in the 1st or the late rounds equally? 

Here you go.

Year No. Round Pick Player Name Position College
2020 1 1 13 13 Tristan Wirfs T Iowa
  2 2 13 45 Antoine Winfield DB Minnesota
  3 3 12 76 Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB Vanderbilt
  4 5 15 161 Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota
  5 6 15 194 Khalil Davis DT Nebraska
  6 7 27 241 Chapelle Russell LB Temple
  7 7 31 245 Raymond Calais RB Louisiana-Lafayette
2019 1 1 5 5 Devin White LB Louisiana State
  2 2 7 39 Sean Bunting DB Central Michigan
  3 3 30 94 Jamel Dean DB Auburn
  4 3 35 99 Mike Edwards DB Kentucky
  5 4 5 107 Anthony Nelson DE Iowa
  6 5 7 145 Matt Gay K Utah
  7 6 35 208 Scotty Miller WR Bowling Green
  8 7 1 215 Terry Beckner, Jr. DT Missouri
2018 1 1 12 12 Vita Vea DT Washington
  2 2 6 38 Ronald Jones RB USC
  3 2 21 53 M.J. Stewart DB North Carolina
  4 2 31 63 Carlton Davis DB Auburn
  5 3 30 94 Alex Cappa T Humboldt State
  6 4 17 117 Jordan Whitehead DB Pittsburgh
  7 5 7 144 Justin Watson WR Pennsylvania
  8 6 28 202 Jack Cichy LB Wisconsin
2017 1 1 19 19 O.J. Howard TE Alabama
  2 2 18 50 Justin Evans DB Texas A&M
  3 3 20 84 Chris Godwin WR Penn State
  4 3 43 107 Kendell Beckwith LB Louisiana State
  5 5 18 162 Jeremy McNichols RB Boise State
  6 7 5 223 Stevie Tu'ikolovatu DT USC

Year No. Round Pick Player Name Position College
2020 1 1 26 26 Jordan Love QB Utah State
  2 2 30 62 AJ Dillon RB Boston College
  3 3 30 94 Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati
  4 5 29 175 Kamal Martin LB Minnesota
  5 6 13 192 Jon Runyan G Michigan
  6 6 29 208 Jake Hanson C Oregon
  7 6 30 209 Simon Stepaniak T Indiana
  8 7 22 236 Vernon Scott DB Texas Christian
  9 7 28 242 Jonathan Garvin DE Miami (FL)
2019 1 1 12 12 Rashan Gary DE Michigan
  2 1 21 21 Darnell Savage DB Maryland
  3 2 12 44 Elgton Jenkins G Mississippi State
  4 3 11 75 Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M
  5 5 12 150 Kingsley Keke DT Texas A&M
  6 6 12 185 Ka'dar Hollman DB Toledo
  7 6 21 194 Dexter Williams RB Notre Dame
  8 7 12 226 Ty Summers LB Texas Christian
2018 1 1 18 18 Jaire Alexander DB Louisville
  2 2 13 45 Joshua Jackson DB Iowa
  3 3 24 88 Oren Burks LB Vanderbilt
  4 4 33 133 J'Mon Moore WR Missouri
  5 5 1 138 Cole Madison T Washington State
  6 5 35 172 JK Scott P Alabama
  7 5 37 174 Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR South Florida
  8 6 33 207 Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame
  9 7 14 232 James Looney DT California
  10 7 21 239 Hunter Bradley C Mississippi State
  11 7 30 248 Kendall Donnerson LB Southeast Missouri State
2017 1 2 1 33 Kevin King DB Washington
  2 2 29 61 Josh Jones DB North Carolina State
  3 3 29 93 Montravius Adams DT Auburn
  4 4 1 108 Vince Biegel LB Wisconsin
  5 4 28 134 Jamaal Williams RB Brigham Young
  6 5 32 175 DeAngelo Yancey WR Purdue
  7 5 39 182 Aaron Jones RB Texas-El Paso
  8 6 29 212 Kofi Amichia C South Florida
  9 7 20 238 Devante Mays RB Utah State
  10 7 29 247 Malachi Dupre WR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

But probably just count the full draft, right? Like who cares if they hit in the mids if another team hits in the 1st or the late rounds equally? 

The point was the Bucs have obviously hit in the 1st as well. We've done pretty damn good on our top 30 guy. It's the 31-100 guys we need to work on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

@squire12 yeah, good stuff. 

Just saying theyre better at drafting 2-4 doesnt matter if were getting that impact from 5-7. 

But is GB getting better in 5-7 vs TB?

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Not saying we are, definitely some work to be done drafting. Youd think we'd have some of the most talented STs with all our athletes who havent hit positionally.

That is the point. GB had a few years with minimal impact from picks in rounds 2-4.

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It's about as good of an idea as trading Davante or Kenny. It just doesnt make sense to get rid of good players who are good for the locker room and still young.

I don’t know. A mid first and a high second for a pro bowl guard is still tempting. I love Jenkins but you could potentially parlay that into a pro bowl DT and very very good CB, ILb or another OG.

I actually think I would do it. Only because I’d be trading an OG. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I don’t know. A mid first and a high second for a pro bowl guard is still tempting. I love Jenkins but you could potentially parlay that into a pro bowl DT and very very good CB, ILb or another OG.

On a rookie contract?

As the saying goes....

Bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush 

That also factors if you consider Jenkins an OG only.

Edited by squire12
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Potentially. Or you know, get nothing or a worse G and a ST ILB. 

If we want to be able to run the ball like we did this year, we need a presence inside. Take the comp from Linsley and go. Going from Linsley and Elgton to ?-patrick. Good luck, weewthe seahawks now.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

But is GB getting better in 5-7 vs TB?

That is the point. GB had a few years with minimal impact from picks in rounds 2-4.

Yeah, right, but just like include the 5-7 and make it not arbitrary. It shows the same point with more complete information

I dont actually care though, just expounding on dstars point. Lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah, right, but just like include the 5-7 and make it not arbitrary. It shows the same point with more complete information

Why include something that was outside the point being raised.... rounds 2-4 TB has drafted better vs GB the last few years.

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Don't care but care enough to respond?

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

The point was the Bucs have obviously hit in the 1st as well. We've done pretty damn good on our top 30 guy. It's the 31-100 guys we need to work on.

I mean, that goes without saying.  That's why Brian Gutekunst is our GM and not Ted Thompson.  But you're trying to make a comparison when they aren't always logical.  I mean, are you going to expect AJ Dillon to have the same kind of impact playing less than 10% of the offensive snaps when Antoine Winfield playing more than 97%?  Dean and SMB weren't that good.  Let's not overstate their impact.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

I'd definitely agree.  If you want to exclude FRPs, go right ahead.  I wouldn't fight you too hard since you're supposed to draft guys who are supposed to hit.  But does it matter if you hit with your 2nd round pick or your 6th round pick?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Agreed. 

I'd rather  pay Williams (up to $3M).  Then you roll with Dillon, Williams and Taylor.  You're RB room is relatively cheap and experienced. Keeps the offense rolling without the learning curve a rookie would need.

Plus, Dillon and Williams probably have ARod's trust, you know that just isn't handed out to anyone.  

I think that's their second option.  I think the Packers prefer the Aaron Jones/AJ Dillon combination moving forward, but that's only if Aaron Jones is willing to accept the deal they want.  They're willing to meet him on AAV, but they want the guarantees down.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

He's on the downside, but I think he's still got some game and would probably see a resurgence playing next to Clark and having a legit shot at a title.  PFF graded him out pretty well this year.  If there's a way to make the money work I'd make a move for him as long as it doesn't break the bank.  I bet he would have an impact in the locker room as well. 

I mean, I don't want to get our hopes up TOO much, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility he would sign on the cheap to play (read: dominate) next to Clark and contend for a SB at the tail end of Rodgers' window:

It would have to be on the cheap and a 1 or 2 year deal only, though with Jaire and Jenkins needing extensions in the next couple of years. Next year IS the final year of Jaire's rookie deal, which we'll certainly use the 5th year option on, so no worries there, but keeping him beyond that is a must.

I also don't know if we can afford to roll the dice on a starting rookie CB opposite Jaire even with the top pick. A starting slot CB, sure, but IDK about a #2 corner opposite Jaire. Immediate impact rookies at that position are an anomaly, even with Clarke, Watt, Z and Gary feasting in the middle and off the edge, respectively. They'd make his life easier, sure, but I still don't know if that alone would be enough to finally get us over the hump. We may need to double dip in both FA and the draft at CB on a respectable, short-term deal if at all possible (would playing opposite Jaire in "win now" mode for AR12 be enticing enough for PP on the cheap? One can dream).

Edited by KManX89

21 hours ago, squire12 said:

On a rookie contract?

As the saying goes....

Bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush 

That also factors if you consider Jenkins an OG only.

Is he your future LT?  I’m not sure but if so, then I don’t trade him. I really think you can live without a pro bowl guard. Think we could work those picks into something special and replace Jenkins with a good and more than capable OG.