Worst 90's comic book movie?

KManX89

What's the worst 90's comic book film?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What's the worst 90's comic book film?

• Steel (1997)
    • Spawn (1997)
    • Batman & Robin (1997)
    • The Crow: City of Angels (1996)
    • Judge Dredd (1995)
    • Captain America (1990)

What's the worst 90's comic book film? And yes, this was at a time when CBMs were just "learning their stride", so there were a lot of stinkers during this time (luckily Blade wasn't one of them). Also, note I said comic book movies, so I excluded RoboCop 3, even though that's technically a superhero shytfest of the 90's as well, lol. Oh, and we don't talk about RoboCop 3.

Batman & Robin for me, though Spawn is close second. As boring, campy, poorly-characterized, plot hole-filled and dumbed-down as that movie was, nothing, and I mean nothing is as bad as Batman & Robin, unless you're Uwe Boll (or Seltzberg).

The Sly Stallone Judge Dredd movie is right up there, too, another dumbed-down waste of good source material (that they thankfully made up for with the 2012, much better Dredd).

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

What's the worst 90's comic book film? And yes, this was at a time when CBMs were just "learning their stride", so there were a lot of stinkers during this time (luckily Blade wasn't one of them). Also, note I said comic book movies, so I excluded RoboCop 3, even though that's technically a superhero shytfest of the 90's as well, lol. Oh, and we don't talk about RoboCop 3.

Batman & Robin for me, though Spawn is close second. As boring, campy, poorly-characterized, plot hole-filled and dumbed-down as that movie was, nothing, and I mean nothing is as bad as Batman & Robin, unless you're Uwe Boll (or Seltzberg).

The Sly Stallone Judge Dredd movie is right up there, too, another dumbed-down waste of good source material (that they thankfully made up for with the 2012, much better Dredd).

I mean, come on.  None of these are as bad as that terrible Captain America movie.  At least they had a budget and real actors.  

Captain America was the worst IN GENERAL, but when you factor in budget and expectations, Batman and Robin was a much worse movie.     Captain America was a very low budget movie that ended up going straight to TV.    Batman and Robin was extremely hyped and more money was spent advertising it than it cost to make Captain America.   Laughably bad acting and writing is expected for a low budget movie.    Batman and Robin had top Hollywood actors and a blockbuster director and the writing and acting werent notably better than Captain America.

Steel was hilarious.   Shaqs acting is a national treasure.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:19 AM, 43M said:

Captain America was the worst IN GENERAL, but when you factor in budget and expectations, Batman and Robin was a much worse movie.     Captain America was a very low budget movie that ended up going straight to TV.    Batman and Robin was extremely hyped and more money was spent advertising it than it cost to make Captain America.   Laughably bad acting and writing is expected for a low budget movie.    Batman and Robin had top Hollywood actors and a blockbuster director and the writing and acting werent notably better than Captain America.

Steel was hilarious.   Shaqs acting is a national treasure.

This. If your movie has a big-name cast and crew and a big budget attached to it, it shouldn't be comparable to a low-budget straight-to-TV flick, it should be head-and-shoulders above it.

On 2/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, THE DUKE said:

I'll leave out the Captain America one because I never saw it, but i've seen the rest and it's an easy call on Spawn for me.  No desire to ever watch that turd again, I could at least get a little enjoyment out of the others, even Batman and Robin.

Also this. The childish toilet humor, cheerleader dances and Looney Tunes gags in a movie about a demonic soldier from Hell leading an Armageddon took me right out of it, and don't even get me started on the terribad CGI on Malebolgia, which looked bad even back then.

CineMassacre's review is spot on:

Edited by KManX89