Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

This team can't stop lighting money on fire

It's their loyalty to the 2019 SB year.    Except that's usually reserved for the winner.....

Don't get me wrong, Juice is awesome.  But 5M for a FB at his mileage....jeez, I hope those reports aren't even close.

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

It's their loyalty to the 2019 SB year.    Except that's usually reserved for the winner.....

Oh, this far predates the super bowl. They've been doing this from the start. I've rarely seen a team so wasteful with money. Pierre Garcon. That huge, ridiculous contract to Malcolm Smith. 2.5 Million to Johnathan Cooper to never play a game. Giving a full back 5.5 milion per year to start with. Kwon Alexander. 

Now it's worse though because they exacerbate it with restructures. 

59 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Teams are negotiating and tampering long before this window anyway. 

it’s just two days of “this guy signed with this team but not really until Wednesday” ugh, just make it official. It’s a pretty pointless two days 

Before only the cheaters had a window.  Now everyone does. You could cheat and the make it official at midnight.  They can still try that but it has to hold up to 2 days of legit offers from honest teams. 

It’s  one of the best rules the NFL has.

• Like 1

Its time to end the cold take of all cold takes. Rookie Deal QBs win Super Bowls!!!

Rookie deal did not mean much until 2011. Sammy Sleeves got a Brinks Truck from year 1 in 2010.

• Then the new CBA limited rookie QB pay.
    • Eli in 2007 made 10+ million on a 109 cap.
    • Ben did have a low cap number in 2005 (around 4.5) but it was 9.5 cash paid that year.
      • 2008 was on an extension and it was 8.5 cap with 27 million paid.
    • Rodgers won on his 2nd contract.

From 2011-2020 exactly 2 QBs on rookie deals won the Super Bowl.

• They are 2 of the greatest QBs to ever play in Wilson and Mahomes.

Those two also played on teams that were loaded with talent.

• Kelce, Hill, and their O-Line were there before Mahomes.
    • They had a top 5 offense in 2017 before Mahomes even played.
  • Seattle had the LoB and Beast Mode, They added Irvin and Wagner to Wright in that 2012 draft

Still, those guys had to move like Elway and throw like Marino to win titles.

Don't give me Carson Wentz. He is a career 1-4 with 3 yards passing as a playoff QB.

If a GM thinks this gives them license to win a Super Bowl by drafting a QB, I wish them the best of luck.

That QB better be a Manning, Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes level talent.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

They are all voidable years so it's not real, but it's just funny to see. They basically converted money to signing bonus and wanted to stretch it over 5 years or whatever. 

I get the voidable years.  Just seems like funny money have it as a $32-33M per year contract....it's Taysom Hill