Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

This has Jets written all over it

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Under any past regime I’d agree. I like Douglas though and think he’ll find better value elsewhere 

Plus, they still have Jamison Crowder under contract.    

Juju & Jamison make each other redundant.   You'd think we'd see a Crowder release before even getting a whiff of Juju rumors there.

There are a lot of criticism you can throw the Jets way - but Douglas hardly seems like Gettleman in roster management for his FA WR signings.   Douglas' year 1 GM-wise was really strong.

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Plus, they still have Jamison Crowder under contract.    

Juju & Jamison make each other redundant.   You'd think we'd see a Crowder release before even getting a whiff of Juju rumors there.

There are a lot of criticism you can throw the Jets way - but Douglas hardly seems like Gettleman in roster management for his FA WR signings.   Douglas' year 1 GM-wise was really strong.

I was being facetious. It was 100% a move Maccagnan would of made.

I think the only “name” Douglas will have any real interest in is Thuney

I did not realize the Bears were that over the cap. Looking at their situation, man, they have to have some of the worst contracts in the NFL right now. The Fuller deal was structured just terribly, backloaded in a way that the worst of it hits this year. I don't know how I missed the Robert Quinn contract when it was signed, but that's got to be up there with the most overpaid players in the league, and they can't do anything about it for awhile. Jimmy Graham getting $10M at 35 is hilarious.

Like, you look at the Chiefs or Rams or Saints, and sure, they're tight against the cap, but they are because they're paying superbowl caliber rosters with some of the best players in the league. And then the Bears have a $60M DL that got 14.5 sacks last year. They have the $20M offensive trifecta of Nick Foles, Jimmy Graham, and Tarik Cohen. Just...not great.

I think that leaves the Falcons, Rams, Saints, and Eagles, as teams that need to get under the cap, after the Brady and Mahomes shenanigans.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I think that leaves the Falcons, Rams, Saints, and Eagles, as teams that need to get under the cap, after the Brady and Mahomes shenanigans.

put this puppy on speed dial

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Bears are not updated yet, FYI

Brooks restructure on the Eagles is not updated either.

Edited by SkippyX

The Rams are pretty straightforward if they restructure Donald and Ramsey.

Then maybe a WR and they will have a few million in the clear.

They are eating 34 million dead cap (mostly Goff)

• Philly is eating 40 million dead cap (mostly Wentz)
Edited by SkippyX

30 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

put this puppy on speed dial

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Bears are not updated yet, FYI

Brooks restructure on the Eagles is not updated either.

OTC.com is definitely on my most viewed icons page.  I looked at 2023 and Dallas is currently $30m under the cap.  The next closest are Philly and KC who are just under $100m.  Cowboys are also the only team over next year. 

Edited by DirtyDez
  • Like 2