Barry it is.....

Leader

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes, he should've been written off, that's exactly what I'm saying. There was an entire league and college game worth of candidates, he should've been nowhere near a top candidate list. 

He should be written off because he had NOTHING to work with as a DC.  I mean, I guess we should can LaFleur too.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He should be written off because he had NOTHING to work with as a DC.  I mean, I guess we should can LaFleur too.

Lol Matt LaFleur was the OC of the #1 offense in the NFL in 2017. He was "the next big thing" from the hottest offense in football when he took the Titans OC gig. It was a terrible fit for his system. Another team would've hired him the next cycle if not us.

Has Barry even had a DC interview since 2016 besides us? 

The spectrum of candidate is laughable you'd compare. The fact that only dumpster fire organizations have given Barry his chances should also speak volumes.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Matt LaFleur was the OC of the #1 offense in the NFL in 2017. He was "the next big thing" from the hottest offense in football when he took the Titans OC gig. It was a terrible fit for his system. Another team would've hired him the next cycle if not us.

Has Barry even had a DC interview since 2016 besides us? 

The spectrum of candidate is laughable you'd compare. The fact that only dumpster fire organizations have given Barry his chances should also speak volumes.

But you didn't question LaFleur's decision to move from the Rams to the Titans?  I get it.  It wasn't a sexy hire.  And I don't think Evero was a sexy hire.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

No I'm always an optimist. This hire sucks. I wanted LaFleur to hire his Saleh and instead he found his Capers/Pettine. New day, same crap with the Packers D.

Something you’re ignoring is that the DC of the #1 defense in the league took this guy with him to coordinate his pass defense for the Chargers, after doing the same for him last season. If we’re talking about all of this guys failures we should also talk about his successes. He wasn’t just a position coach for the Rams.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And Robert Saleh was who again before the 49ers?

An up and coming coach who someone took a chance on. That's what Staley was too, that's what all hot DCs are. That could've been Evero or Harris, they could've busted hard, but I'd prefer the risk for the reward.

Never does a life long retread become that guy. I struggle to see this move ever capitalizing in the 2nd ring for Aaron, unless Guys hits a draft out of the park.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

Something you’re ignoring is that the DC of the #1 defense in the league took this guy with him to coordinate his pass defense for the Chargers, after doing the same for him last season. If we’re talking about all of this guys failures we should also talk about his successes. He wasn’t just a position coach for the Rams.

But picked Renaldo Hill (a life long DB guy) to be his DC. A DB guy as HC and DC, the "pass game" title for a LB coach I feel is a title in name only.

Barry knows lots of coaches with Kiffin 4-3 backgrounds but few coaches with 3-4 backgrounds.

I'm sure the Packers will let him build his own coaching staff but Barry's options are limited but at least he should be well connected. 

He could seek those who he never worked with but come from a 3-4 background but it won't be easy. Very few viable candidates on the Fangio and Phillips tree.

Names like Roy Anderson (Vikings), Greg Manusky (Kentucky), Jethro Franklin (Missori), Clint Hurtt (Seattle), Chris Shula & Thad Bogardus (Rams) pop up in my initial search.

I wonder if he is able offer a "promotion" to Ejiro Evero from Safeties coach to Defensive Backs coach. These two have known each other a long time from Tampa Bay and Rams. McVay will probably make sure he stays though by offering the same promotion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Barry knows lots of coaches with Kiffin 4-3 backgrounds but few coaches with 3-4 backgrounds.

I'm sure the Packers will let him build his own coaching staff but Barry's options are limited but at least he should be well connected. 

He could seek those who he never worked with but come from a 3-4 background but it won't be easy. Very few viable candidates on the Fangio and Phillips tree.

Names like Roy Anderson (Vikings), Greg Manusky (Kentucky), Jethro Franklin (Missori), Clint Hurtt (Seattle), Chris Shula & Thad Bogardus (Rams) pop up in my initial search.

I wonder if he is able offer a "promotion" to Ejiro Evero from Safeties coach to Defensive Backs coach. These two have known each other a long time from Tampa Bay and Rams. McVay will probably make sure he stays though by offering the same promotion.

He's going to keep our staff, think Silverstein mentioned it. He'd be dumb not to.