Barry it is.....

Leader

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

An up and coming coach who someone took a chance on. That's what Staley was too, that's what all hot DCs are. That could've been Evero or Harris, they could've busted hard, but I'd prefer the risk for the reward.

Never does a life long retread become that guy. I struggle to see this move ever capitalizing in the 2nd ring for Aaron, unless Guys hits a draft out of the park.

I'm the exact opposite.  I want a guy who is going to play to their players' strengths, and not try and risk the game for a big play.  Pettine insisted on playing zone coverage when our corners are clearly better in man coverage.  He called man coverage in an obvious prevent defense.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm the exact opposite.  I want a guy who is going to play to their players' strengths, and not try and risk the game for a big play.  Pettine insisted on playing zone coverage when our corners are clearly better in man coverage.  He called man coverage in an obvious prevent defense.

I don't get how this is differentiating either candidate. Because someone is young doesn't mean they play risky defense.

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Well LaFleur is a hard gage because of Rodgers. Kinda hard to messed that up tbh. But his game plan against our D was magical. Straight shredded us with quick passes. The defense never saw it coming. I don’t think you’ll really get a sense of his abilities till Rodgers retires. He’s definitely been surrounded with great offensive minds. And Mcvay loved him a ton. But TN did get better once he left. So that’s kind of a mark against him. 

Huh?  Have you totally forgotten the REAMS of articles about McCarthy's offense failing?
There were years of them. You miss them all?  Wasnt AR the QB then too?

MLF comes in and turns the offense around in two years.....but its all because of AR?

There's a disconnect there somewhere no?

Just now, Leader said:

Huh?  Have you totally forgotten the REAMS of articles about McCarthy's offense failing?
There were years of them. You miss them all?  Wasnt AR the QB then too?

MLF comes in and turns the offense around in two years.....but its all because of AR?

There's a disconnect there somewhere no?

Who won the super bowl? 

Here’s my prediction for how this will sort out:

The national media will continue to dismiss the Packers and we will likely hear from PFT about how sources say Rodgers is unhappy with off-season decisions by the front office. We will manage to make a couple of free agent additions, one cornerback will be added. The defense will start off the year giving up some points but doing better situationally. Over the course of the year the defense will end up top ten in points allowed per drive and @MrBobGray will be happy with how things are going, but there will be enough room for criticism that LaFleur will be ignored for coach of the year again.

• Like 1