House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not exactly sure what the end of the season will be, though my best guess is:

Reveal hidden contents

The Battle of the Gullet, and the death of Jace.

About time. 🙃

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not exactly sure what the end of the season will be, though my best guess is:

Reveal hidden contents

The Battle of the Gullet, and the death of Jace.

Spoiler

I think the Gillette will be early next season. I think this season ends on a positive note with Rhanera taking Kings Landing.

I believe they are only doing 4 seasons so I bet season 3 ends with Sunfyre going chompy chompy and the battle of the Gods Eye and the hour of the wolf are highlights of season 4.

15 hours ago, THE DUKE said:
  Hide contents

I think the Gillette will be early next season. I think this season ends on a positive note with Rhanera taking Kings Landing.

I believe they are only doing 4 seasons so I bet season 3 ends with Sunfyre going chompy chompy and the battle of the Gods Eye and the hour of the wolf are highlights of season 4.

Spoiler

That would put things out of order, but not impossible. To your point, it'd be tough to end this season on the same downer for Rhaenyra as last season, with her child dying.

Just a poorly constructed season. I enjoyed it because I enjoy the lore and the world, but the pacing and choice of what to show and where to end the season was confounding.

14 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That was a great episode, for a penultimate. I don’t know how we didn’t get a huge battle.

Exactly. This should have been the 2nd to last episode for sure. So little progress made this season, and now the next 2 seasons are going to pack so much into them if they stick to 4 seasons total.

• Like 3

So many plots they could have cut or trimmed to have this be episode 7 and end with 1 of the next 2 big story beats (if they wanted to switch the order) in the season finale. Or, you know, make 10 freaking episodes. With what they added as filler, could have easily made 10 episodes and still left plenty to hit on in 2 more seasons. With what they left on the table, the next 2 seasons are going to absolutely fly by, especially if they are also only 8 episodes each. Maybe they extend it to 5 seasons.

Yet another story beat is let down by the ending to "GoT". The payoff to Daemon's visions would have been a lot cooler if that story was handled properly.

I'm just so disappointed. They did time jumps in season 1 to get to this stuff more quickly...and then used another entire season as setup for the actual war (outside of 2 battles, 1 that wasn't even shown on-screen).

4 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

That was bad. 

I don't think it was bad. It was a very well done episode but as someone said, if we had one more, it would've been excellent. 

Saw someone on Twitter say we just watched a 70 minute trailer for S3 and that makes sense. 

Great episode but very disappointing episode IMO 

• Like 1

This season just feels like an insult to fans, honestly.

We needed to watch 6 episodes of Daemon having bad dreams so he could realize Rhaenyra is the true Queen? Nah. That could have been 2 episodes AT MOST.

We ended season 1 with both sides preparing for war, and we end season 2 with both sides preparing for war. All of the stuff that happened in the middle feels so inconsequential, almost useless.

What was the point of Jace this season? Corlys? Alyn? Rhaena? 90% of the characters didn't serve a single purpose.

It's just so disappointing. We waited so long for this season and it just felt like 90% garbage time filler scenes with no point. Now we have to wait another 2 years to see maybe an actual war

• Like 2