House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Loved the shot of Vhagar over Arrax. Phenomenal last 10 minutes.  

Vermithor looks nasty, I want to read about all of these dragons but I'm afraid things will get spoiled.

I just learned there is a dragon named Cannibal, who eats other dragons. He’s a free agent

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

I just learned there is a dragon named Cannibal, who eats other dragons. He’s a free agent

He's a black (Targ) dragon with green (Hightower) eyes that eats other dragons. I think he's just supposed to be a metaphor.

That being said, that is almost exactly what I would want my own dragon to look like, minus the cannibalism. Jet black with emerald eyes and some green markings on the wings. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, there's no way I'm not going to have all the books read before season 2 lol. 

Nope, I'm not falling for that again. It's been 11 years and it's still not done. Yes, I know those books are done but I don't care. 😃

Ugh, an amazing episode. I knew what was going to happen, but it was still so well done.

This show gives so much more context and perspective compared to "Fire and Blood". Aemond and Lucerys losing control of their dragons goes against what was known (even though I guess no one really knew except the 2 of them). A great callback to Viserys and Rhaenyra's conversation when he named her heir. Dragons were never meant to be controlled.

I bet Rhaenys regrets not taking her shot now.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Ugh, an amazing episode. I knew what was going to happen, but it was still so well done.

This show gives so much more context and perspective compared to "Fire and Blood". Aemond and Lucerys losing control of their dragons goes against what was known (even though I guess no one really knew except the 2 of them). A great callback to Viserys and Rhaenyra's conversation when he named her heir. Dragons were never meant to be controlled.

I bet Rhaenys regrets not taking her shot now.

I think that's one of the best things about the show. Fire and Blood was told with secondhand accounts and unreliable narrators. While we know the general story, the writers of the show still have a lot of creative freedom, as they've shown throughout the season.

• Like 3

I’m so happy this show was good. This world has so many great storylines and I was afraid the disappointing ending to GoT would drive TV executives and audiences away. 

Sucks that we have to wait until 2024 for the next season. which other shows in this world are rumored/confirmed besides the Jon Snow show?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I’m so happy this show was good. This world has so many great storylines and I was afraid the disappointing ending to GoT would drive TV executives and audiences away. 

Sucks that we have to wait until 2024 for the next season. which other shows in this world are rumored/confirmed besides the Jon Snow show?

There show about Nymeria and Dorne called 1000 ships

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16