BDL 2017 Week 6: Wichita Woodpeckers @ Long Beach Leprechauns

Whicker

Wichita Woodpeckers @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Wichita Woodpeckers
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/18/2017 at 02:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 6: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Wichita Woodpeckers

QB: Jared Goff
RB: Leonard Fournette
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Kenny Stills
TE: Cameron Brate

TE Ben Watson
LT: Jeremy Parnell
LG: Kelechi Osemele
C: Spencer Long
RG: Jahri Evans
RT: Austin Howard

QB: Carson Palmer

RB:Matt Forte
RB: TJ Yeldon
WR Eric Decker
TE: Adam Shaheen
OL: John Jerry
OL - Graham Glasglow
OL: Allen Babre

DE: Michael Bennett
DT: Jonathan Allen
DT: Corey Peters
DE: Brandon Graham
LB: Hassaan Reddick
LB: Luke Kuechly
CB: Rashaan Melvin
FS: Ron Parker
SS: Harrison Smith
NCB: Brian Poole
CB: Daryl Worley

DE: Olivier Vernon
DE: Alex Okafor
DT: Pat Sims
LB: AJ Klein
CB: William Gay
CB: David Amerson
CB: Ken Crawley
S: Jabrill Peppers

Long Beach Leprechauns

Offense

QB- Aaron Rodgers

RB- Christian McCaffrey

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Marvin Jones

WR- Cooper Kupp

TE- George Kittle

LT- Terron Armstead

LG- Joe Thuney

C- Max Unger

RG- Quinton Spain

RT- Bryan Bulaga

RB- Mark Ingram

RB- Jeremy Hill

TE- Tyler Kroft

WR- Adam Humphries

WR- Sammie Coates

OL- Andrew Norwell

OL- Russell Okung

OL- Brandon Shell

Defense

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- DJ Reader

UT- Javon Hargrave

RE- Trey Flowers

SLB- Clay Matthews

MLB- Jarrad Davis

WLB- De’Vondre Campbell

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Artie Burns

FS- Darian Thompson

SS- Landon Collins

DE- Dean Lowry

DT/DE- Stephon Tuitt

DT- Abry Jones

LB/SS- Deone Bucannon

LB- Joe Schobert

CB- Bradley Roby

S- Budda Baker

S/CB- Kareem Jackson

Wichita Woodpeckers

Offense: 

Balanced Offense: I look to start run heavy this game by running a 2 TE set. I will use the additional blockers on the line to carve some holes for Fournette and Forte to run through into a back defense known more for their pass defense than run defense. By establishing thr run we will give Rodgers less time on the field. This will also lead to setting up the play action and providing Goff extra time in the pocket to throw deep to burner Stills and matchup nightmare Dez Bryant. Also looo for the 2TE set to be feature heavily near the end zone for additional pass catching targets.

Defense

Welcome our new established pass rusher to thebfold in Bennett. LongBeach oline on the edge has been shaky this year. We will provide additional blitzers off the edge in addition to the DEs to provide more pressure on Rodgers this game. That will come in the form of nickel back blitzes, safety blitzes and pass rush from the LBing core. We will be playing bump and run man coverage this game with bracket coverage over the top on Hopkins. To keep the DE rotation fresh Okafor and Vernon will come in and get reps and keep the prrssure consistent all game. To keep McCaffrey from being a factor Kuechly will be locking him down.

Long Beach Leprechauns

Team:

We are on a 3 game win streak and we are looking to keep it rolling at home this week against the Woodpeckers. I don’t have much to go off from Wichita’s game plan last week but we will attack them at their weaknesses and beat them down with our strengths.

Offense:

We will be featuring a layered and balanced passing attack and a zone running game. We will likely be getting our stud Tackles back this week (even if we don’t Okung and Shell have played well this year and we faced Miller and Mack the past two weeks and beat them with these two). We are going to look to take advantage of an underrated yet beatable pass rush, even with the addition of a hobbled Michael Bennett. Woodpeckers like to blitz from all over and we believe Rodgers will be able to pick apart the secondary identifying key matchups.

Formation:

Our base offense this week will once again be a three wide set with one back and one tight end. We will also run some empty sets with McCaffrey as an additional slot. George Kittle finally showed the promise of training camp last week and made key clutch catches all game long combined with great blocking to give me a new element to this offense.

Pass Offense:

Hopkins will play outside opposite Marvin Jones with Cooper Kupp and Adam Humphries splitting time in the slot. With the new element of George Kittle as a receiving threat and how McCaffrey is performing we have the matchups to beat Wichita on all levels of the field. I don’t see Rashaan Melvin, Daryl Worley, and Brian Poole being able to stop my Receivers and this passing game. If the Woodpeckers play man like they did last week Rodgers will pick his matchups and he should have plenty of options against this defense to pick them apart. The woodpeckers like to jam receivers and I believe my receivers can beat their jams easily and make them pay for it. If they go zone we will be stacking routes anyways to give Rodgers levels of options to attack. Two weeks ago Wichita played their two safeties back in four wide sets. When we split McCaffrey out wide in empty sets we will have quick passing options to exploit and attack the defense at their weakness, their corners without safety help. Once again McCaffrey and Ingram will be splitting reps out of the backfield. With Christian sometimes lining up in the slot we believe we can get a quick matchup to take advantage of the blitzes by the Woodpeckers. Christian will also see some wheel and screen opportunities if the Woodpeckers get blitz happy. This will expose them to quick passes from Rodgers. Kuechly is a great player and he will win some matchups on the field but we believe we can win some also if he is tasked to cover our RB’s out of the backfield. Reddick is a young first round pick who we believe is on the field for Wichita to use as a blitzer (we don’t have much information because of last weeks lack of a gameplan), however he has shown nothing as a blitzer so far and we can attack his vacated space when he blitzes. If Harrison lines up in the box we will attack behind him with our route combos or in front of him if he is playing deep. If Ron Parker plays deep we believe we will have deep opportunities against him just like Houston did with Hopkins last week. If the safeties play back against our three wide we can feast on short routes and in the middle using McCaffrey and Kittle as well as my slot receiver while always having Hopkins likely beating his matchup and Jones on the outside. If they help with a safety over the top on Hopkins we will have even more possibilities to win matchups all over the field. I don’t see this defense stopping Rodgers and this passing attack.

We may have our star Tackles back in Armstead and Bulaga this week. If so we believe we can easily hold up against their pass rush. If Okung and Shell play we still believe we will do well and we can use Kittle as a chip block or a stand in block against heavy blitzes. While it takes Kittle away as a passing option in a stand in block situation we have the weapons to attack the vacated areas on all blitzes. However we believe even with Okung and Shell we will still win and Kittle will be able to get out and attack the defense. If either of the tackles struggle he will play to that side adding some extra support against Bennett or Graham (as Vernon is still out this week). I trust my interior Oline of Thuney, Unger, and Spain to hold up against more of a run stopper in Peters and the Rookie Jonathan Allen.

Run Offense:

Once again we will be running a zone scheme looking to take advantage of open running lanes along the entire line. Using Kittle as an extra blocker against an injured Bennett we believe we can get some movement against him and have those lanes underneath him if he gets too far outside or outside of him if he is able to hunker down. I think with two linebackers against us and the interior the woodpeckers have we will have success getting going inside on this team as well as taking advantage of over aggression of Brandon Graham. Ingram will likely see more of the run plays this week and with our three wide spreading the defense out we will have those interior run opportunities with an ailing Corey Peters who is questionable with a knee injury and has already had two acl tears in his career.

Defense:

We will be looking this week to stop Leonard Fournette and force Goff to keep up with Rodgers to try and beat us. We want to wreck the Wichita running game and disrupt the passing game.

Formation:

Our base D is once again a 4-3 under this week. We will be playing a cover 3 base this week against the woodpeckers as well as occasional man to confuse Goff. Goff struggled against this type of defense ran by the Seahawks last week and made mistakes that cost them the game. Even in a three wide set we will stay in our base defense this week. If the peckers go 4 wide we will go nickel. We will start out with Flowers at RE but will run our Tank front featuring Tuitt and Cam Jordan at ends with Javon Hargrave and DJ Reader at the Tackle positions quite often. This will still allow some penetrating type of pressure inside from Hargrave mixed with stout run defending from Reader and having the big bodied Tuitt outside across from the multifaceted Cam Jordan. If he decides to get really pass happy or in obvious passing situations we will play Tuitt at UT and move Hargrave over to NT.

Front 7:

This week it all starts for us up front to shut down this running game. Fournette had a good game last week and had an explosive 90 yard run right through Cam Heyward’s gap. Well Heyward doesn’t play for my team and looking at the rest of Fournette’s game against a dline that features two of my players, Fournette had 91 yards rushing on 27 attempts. A good game but not as great as his 90 yard run eludes too. I will be starting Javon Hargrave at under tackle. He had 10 tackles last week and is extremely active. Hargrave will be playing next to the stuffer DJ Reader and so he will be able to take on less double teams. Reader gets the start again to clog the interior of the Woodpeckers line. Cam Jordan and Trey Flowers are great run defenders and underrated pass rushers. They will be going against two average tackles at best and will be able to get pressure and stuff out run lanes. Stephon Tuitt is available to play end or tackle and will come in if the woodpeckers try to load up on Flowers who is the smaller of my two ends and be a big body run stuffer and pass rusher off of the edge in my Tank formation. I believe my front four can get pressure on Goff and force him to make mistakes.  This week my LBers who will be in on all one wide, two wide, three wide formations will be De’Vondre Campbell at WLB, Jarrad Davis at MLB, and Clay Matthews at SLB. Clay Matthews will have force responsibilities on outside run plays funneling Fournette back inside as well as occasional blitzes. Matthews will have curl to flat coverage in zone and never give Brate a free release. Campbell has been one of the best balanced linebackers in the league this season. He has been a reliable run defender, pass defender, and blitzer. Campbell will play hook to curl in coverage and be able to play coming forward on run downs. Jarrad Davis has been a revelation for the Lions run D. Davis missed two weeks with a concussion but came back as a force last week. The defense with Davis in has given up 2.1 YPC and 1 TD on 64 carries. Without Davis teams have rushed for a 4.76 ypc and 2 TDs on 50 carries against the Lions. He will be the stud in the middle this week. On clear passing downs Deone Bucannon will play WLB with Campbell moving to MLB. The MLB will have the other hook to curl responsibility. Bucannon may see some time at SS depending on game flow as explained below.

Secondary:

We aren’t going to assign a particular corner to any receiver in this game. And will be playing mostly Cover 3. If the Woodpeckers play three wide Landon Collins will be over the slot receiver with curl to flat responsibilities opposite the side of Clay Matthews. This brings an extra defender down to stop the run for more of a 4-4 look. If Collins doesn’t play Budda Baker will play the SS spot. The SS will have force responsibility opposite the SLB and will have the WLB there to clean up inside or chase anything down if it beats the force to the outside. If Budda struggles to maintain run responsibilities if he is forced to play due to Collins' injury, Bucannon will play SS on run downs. Trumaine Johnson and Artie Burns get the start. Roby is the nickel in four wide sets. Darian Thompson is responsible for the deep middle as the two corners cover their deep third respectively. Burns is part of the top passing defense in the league and he can match up with any of the Woodpeckers WR. Dez had some success underneath on Trumaine when they matched up but didn’t win a single 50/50 ball against Tru and we trust our underneath coverage of Matthews, Campbell, Davis/Bucannon, and Collins to disrupt underneath plays while the mediocre tackles of the Woodpeckers get abused by our ends and force Goff to make mistakes. I believe my secondary is better than their passing game and my front four is better than their oline.

Let’s continue that Winning Streak!

Well I think I prepared well by loading up against a run heavy attack here. Bringing Collins up into the box and basically playing a 4-4 with a Tank front. 

As well as giving Ingram more of the run plays this week. 

This could likely be my last win of the season. 

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Well I think I prepared well by loading up against a run heavy attack here. Bringing Collins up into the box and basically playing a 4-4 with a Tank front. 

As well as giving Ingram more of the run plays this week. 

This could likely be my last win of the season. 

You done finishing yourself off there or would you like someone else to do it?

Both teams planned pretty well this week but I think Long beach takes this in a close one.....RIP Rodgers

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

You done finishing yourself off there or would you like someone else to do it?

Both teams planned pretty well this week but I think Long beach takes this in a close one.....RIP Rodgers

Let me enjoy my last competitive game

Why did Wichita list Ken Crawley in their lineup when he plays for Portland?

Close game overall. Wichita has a strong running game but LB has one of the best run defense in BDL so the estimate given by Counselor of 91yds on 27 attemps seems about right. Wichita passing game can have some moderate success here. I doubt LB zone running game has much success so the game relies on Rodgers arm almost exclusively. Wichita pass rush limits Rodgers impact but I think LB skill players are better than their opponents, save for McCaffrey. LB 23-20 with homefield advantage

Tough injury for Long Beach. It happens to all of the owners. Still in this projection I like Long Beach's chances to stop Leonard Fournette. Putting Goff in harder chances to succeed is a reasonable claim with a strong secondary.

Long Beach 20 Wichita 17

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Why did Wichita list Ken Crawley in their lineup when he plays for Portland?

Close game overall. Wichita has a strong running game but LB has one of the best run defense in BDL so the estimate given by Counselor of 91yds on 27 attemps seems about right. Wichita passing game can have some moderate success here. I doubt LB zone running game has much success so the game relies on Rodgers arm almost exclusively. Wichita pass rush limits Rodgers impact but I think LB skill players are better than their opponents, save for McCaffrey. LB 23-20 with homefield advantage

I picked up Crawley in waivers a couple weeka ago homie. @bcb1213

Archived