If Jaguars draft Lawrence, how fast will they win two Super Bowls?

pf9

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Lawrence hasn't taken a single snap and we're already think Jacksonville will be a Super Bowl contender in a couple of years? What if he busts?

because it's fun to talk about. I assume people did the same back then with Indy.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Our QBs have been Luke McCown, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, Gardner Minshew, and Mike Glennon for the past 8 years.

Until you find a QB, this is what happens.

You need more than a top flight QB to win it all.  Most of the time you need a great defense.   A couple of teams have won with pretty pedestrian QBs like the Ravens, Bucs and WFT.  Even Foles has a ring. 

Just now, Pugger said:

You need more than a top flight QB to win it all.  Most of the time you need a great defense.   A couple of teams have won with pretty pedestrian QBs like the Ravens, Bucs and WFT.  Even Foles has a ring. 

Lol, I'm not talking about Super Bowls. I'm talking about being a competent team/winning games.

Not even entertaining the SB talk. Goes with the territory of QB prospects with the generational label, but that's just pointless to me.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Lol, I'm not talking about Super Bowls. I'm talking about being a competent team/winning games.

Not even entertaining the SB talk. Goes with the territory of QB prospects with the generational label, but that's just pointless to me.

I hear ya.  If you get a QB like him everyone will say you wasted his talents if you don't win it all multiple times.  

Just now, Pugger said:

yep. I think Manning was the last one in 2006 who won with a bottom 10 DVOA defense. Average defense and elite offense does the job but you can't win a flat out bad defense. But I still think the rookie deal for a QB is the most important factor. If we ignore Brady, you have 2010 Packers, 2012 Ravens, 2013 Seahawks, 2017 Eagles and 2019 Chiefs all win with QBs on rookie deals or grossly underpaid like Foles.

I think the Jags make HUGE strides this year, especially given the cap situation that is unfolding. One of the best and fastest turnarounds we have seen in a LONG time.

I think they win the division at least once or twice on his rookie contract, although its way way way too early to speculate multiple super bowl championships. These are the current QBs who have won 2 championships. Tom Brady. Ben Roethlisberger. End of List.

It's not an easy task and I think there are other ways to pose the question that land in much better debating

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

A QB or a transcendent, once in a lifetime, player. And you probably still need to be in a crap division to make the latter work. 

The crap division tracks, sure. 

Winning a playoff game with Brock Osweiler should have earned Rick Smith a lifetime contract.

Oh, how I miss Rick Smith.

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I think the Jags make HUGE strides this year, especially given the cap situation that is unfolding. One of the best and fastest turnarounds we have seen in a LONG time.

I think they win the division at least once or twice on his rookie contract, although its way way way too early to speculate multiple super bowl championships. These are the current QBs who have won 2 championships. Tom Brady. Ben Roethlisberger. End of List.

It's not an easy task and I think there are other ways to pose the question that land in much better debating

I mean the Colts went from the worst team in the league to 11-5 with Luck. Could the Jaguars have that type of success?

13 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I mean the Colts went from the worst team in the league to 11-5 with Luck. Could the Jaguars have that type of success?

Seems unlikely. Colts had a lot more talent in their tanking run. They just had far worse QBs. They will probably finish 3rd in their division for a few years.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Seems unlikely. Colts had a lot more talent in their tanking run. They just had far worse QBs. They will probably finish 3rd in their division for a few years.

Although I'm not disagreeing it's unlikely/not going to happen, what talent exactly did that Colts team have in 2012?

Those early Luck years Colts teams were bad imo.