What are you thinking about?

pwny

I once cursed my wife for buying me an animal onesie for a family group Halloween costume... now?

Now I'm eld and lazy... and I haven't taken it off all day... and my daughter is insisting that she will not go out trick-or-treating with me unless I change into "something more respectable."

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

I once cursed my wife for buying me an animal onesie for a family group Halloween costume... now?

Now I'm eld and lazy... and I haven't taken it off all day... and my daughter is insisting that she will not go out trick-or-treating with me unless I change into "something more respectable."

my office has a few openings (2 recruiters) and we also have two clinicians out on medical leave unexpectedly. Then I got COVID and missed all but the last week of October so we went with "Skeleton Crew" as our office theme. The one piece costume I got was... tight in a certain place... 

won the costume contest in our area though

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Mines 4. And hates chocolate. Im kickin back in my crappy gaming chair, mountain of empty Tootsie Roll wrappers beside me. And still a few left.

Happiest man on the planet.

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have a Ring system - camera on my doorbell, one on my garage overlooking my driveway and two in the backyard (mostly to watch my dogs when I let them out).

I like it, does what I need it to do, has full connectivity to all my devices. I'd recommend it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have a Ring system - camera on my doorbell, one on my garage overlooking my driveway and two in the backyard (mostly to watch my dogs when I let them out).

I like it, does what I need it to do, has full connectivity to all my devices. I'd recommend it.

Is there a subscription plan or anything like that, or do you just self monitor? Does it store video in the cloud? How's the app?

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is there a subscription plan or anything like that, or do you just self monitor? Does it store video in the cloud? How's the app?

- Subscription plan is like $25, I think. I'm paying about $55/month, still paying for some of the cameras, not sure the actual cost.

- I think there's an option to record to the cloud, but I don't think I do that, I'll have to check.

- App is pretty intuitive; Flip from cameras with a swipe, can talk and hear through the doorbell camera, etc, arm the alarm systems from the app. There have been times I've left the house without setting an alarm and I'll just set it remotely, then disarm and unlock the doors remotely if my sister or mom needs something from my house.

I'm happy overall - what are the things you're wanting?

Questions from someone who lives in a country that has no such thing as 'no state/county income tax' anywhere. I don't mean this to be political in any way, it's just curiosity 

- Do you see a lot of people moving to those states, specifically for tax reasons?

- If you live in a state which does collect income tax, what are some reasons for not moving to a non-income taxed state?

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Subscription plan is like $25, I think. I'm paying about $55/month, still paying for some of the cameras, not sure the actual cost.

- I think there's an option to record to the cloud, but I don't think I do that, I'll have to check.

- App is pretty intuitive; Flip from cameras with a swipe, can talk and hear through the doorbell camera, etc, arm the alarm systems from the app. There have been times I've left the house without setting an alarm and I'll just set it remotely, then disarm and unlock the doors remotely if my sister or mom needs something from my house.

I'm happy overall - what are the things you're wanting?

Thanks for the info! I essentially would love to have my house become a "smart home" of sorts. I want to have everything connected and available on my cell to monitor/adjust and get notifications about movement. I want a Nest thermostat, doorbell cam, two exterior cameras at the front of my house and another in the back yard (likely with a motion sensor or something).

I also don't love the idea of paying a monthly fee to have someone monitor the system. I'd like to have the videos from the past couple days or something stored somewhere as well.

Also they need to survive Canadian winters....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Questions from someone who lives in a country that has no such thing as 'no state/county income tax' anywhere. I don't mean this to be political in any way, it's just curiosity 

- Do you see a lot of people moving to those states, specifically for tax reasons?

- If you live in a state which does collect income tax, what are some reasons for not moving to a non-income taxed state?

The states that don’t have an income tax will make it up somewhere else. It’s either in property taxes, or sales tax. You’ll see some people move to those states because of the tax situation, but it’s not like people are just flooding in for it. 

Just now, MrDrew said:
2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The states that don’t have an income tax will make it up somewhere else. It’s either in property taxes, or sales tax. You’ll see some people move to those states because of the tax situation, but it’s not like people are just flooding in for it. 

IMO Florida is a good example of older retired people moving for:

1. Tax implications/reasons

2. Warmer weather

Like you said, states make it up elsewhere (hello sales tax), but IMO it's definitely a factor.