What are you thinking about?

pwny

Got 7 inches of rain two nights ago and it flooded a substation in the town I live in which put half the county out of power. My house has been out of power for like 31 hours so I’ve been living vagabond since then lol 

On 8/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, Bullet Club said:

Silly story/rant to tell:

My roommate since COVID began had the easiest job of all time. He's worked at home since March 2020, and as essentially a secretary, his workload has decreased dramatically. He has admitted there are days where all he's done is send a single email. He's constantly sleeping in, watching Netflix, playing video games or straight up going somewhere else. After 12:00 he's never working. Between my other roommate and I we estimate that he worked 10-15 hours/week tops while making close to $60,000/year. 

His Grandma died (they weren't close, I probably need to make this clear) and he inherited $13,000. He decided that this job was too high stress for him during the Summer, and told his boss he needed an extended leave. Shockingly they granted it (not paid) despite already taking two vacations this year. He has been off since June 14th. He originally said he was going to go back to work right after labor day. After receiving snapchats from co-workers of their increased workload he has since pushed that date back two more weeks.

One reason for optimism regarding his leave was that this freed him up to do whatever he wanted, including getting in shape. He's really let himself go the last few years and is obese. As soon as I found out I told him how awesome this would be for him to get back into kickboxing or to join us (me+other roommate) in our boxing classes we started that same week. He declined the boxing offer but said he'd get starting kickboxing again the next week. 

Nearly two months later he hasn't attended a single class, is currently coming off essentially a 9 day bender (to be fair, friends' Bachelor Party and others friends 30th bday came back to back), and has noticeably gained weight. He still sleeps in, watches Netflix or plays video games all day so his daily routine is 95% the same as when he was working.

He has to be depressed right? This isn't healthy behavior. He's already put it out there that he may extend his leave further despite his daily routine literally not changing at all from when he worked. My concerns are 1) His company can't let him do this forever, and I'd have to think if he's pushing this off until nearly October they are simply going to move on from him, and 2) In terms of his health, instead of having a perfect opportunity to get his weight back on track, he's doubled down and completely wasted his time off. I knew he was lazy but this goes far beyond that, and I'm thinking there has to be something going on with him even though he acts the same.

YES!

This dude is definitely going through something. My wife has had a similar journey. She hasn't worked in-office since March 2020, her grandmother died, and I would repeatedly come home day after day after day to her in her PJs and with all of the lights off. She insisted that she just didn't have my attention to detail and that working like that didn't bother her. I suggested she set up an office and start dressing as though she was headed to work. At least she would look visibly good and she would have what men refer to as 'new haircut BDE'. She started feeling a lot better about herself and she has a bunch of time for various hobbies if she doesn't work much on any given day. She even started to the gym. She isn't always super consistent, but the effort is there. 

Anyone, like your friend, going through that much change at one time and in a WFH situation is much more prone to substance abuse, laziness, and depression/anxiety symptoms. He needs to have someone talk to him and guide him back on track, and help reign in his destructive habits he has built. He is on the precipice of something potentially worse, especially if he lost his job. Most people steer into those destructive behaviors and are worse off. 

• Like 3

I think I inadvertently stopped a potential assault yesterday. So I go inside and grab coffee. As I’m walking back to my car there’s this young lady walking towards me and a creepy guy on a bike keeping pace of her. Eventually he notices me and abruptly turns his bike around and speeds off the opposite direction. It was very weird situation that was stuck in my head the rest of the day.

9 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I think I inadvertently stopped a potential assault yesterday. So I go inside and grab coffee. As I’m walking back to my car there’s this young lady walking towards me and a creepy guy on a bike keeping pace of her. Eventually he notices me and abruptly turns his bike around and speeds off the opposite direction. It was very weird situation that was stuck in my head the rest of the day.

As a female, that is the scariest thing to have a male that you can feel creeping on you. My guess, is she felt him and knowingly walked towards you in silent help. THANK YOUUU! 

• Like 2