WFT expected to part ways with QB Alex Smith

.Buzz

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but Smith already won the award a couple weeks ago. 

I didn't know but I'm glad to hear it.

I wonder where Smith goes from here. He'll be 37 in May, so not a lot of time left to get a ring as a player. Rich Eisen speculated that "if I'm Alex Smith, I'm taking Belichick's call first." Could be a pipe dream though.

17 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I wonder where Smith goes from here. He'll be 37 in May, so not a lot of time left to get a ring as a player. Rich Eisen speculated that "if I'm Alex Smith, I'm taking Belichick's call first." Could be a pipe dream though.

Yeah, he got 49 out of 50 votes. Some ding bat voted for Big Ben. 

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

I agree with Eisen it would be dumb not to if I were Alex Smith. Patriots and Bears seem to be the best option for him if he has in his mind that competing for a starting gig is what matters to him. If he is carrying a clipboard and wants to win a ring why not play back up to Mahomes when he knew his best performance was under Andy Reid. Tampa is another option if he wants a ring to back up Brady. Smith is more then a capable back up and upgrade over guys like Henne and Gabbert. Also if he is looking to chase a ring as a back up I am sure he is looking to take less money. If he is simply chasing the money and doesnt care about starting, look at the teams who will be drafting a qb or drafted one last year and go with whatever teams hands you the most money.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I hadn't heard that either.  If I'm Bill Belichick, the guy I'd go after would be Teddy Bridgewater.  Either that, or just stick with Stidham, endure an ugly year, and secure a high enough draft pick to draft a QB next year.

Edited by Uncle Buck

On 3/1/2021 at 11:20 AM, Broncofan said:

Unfortunately, because it's a loss of muscle that's involved, he's not strengthening it enough to remove the issue.   Like you said, amazing story.  But  as you noted, he's incredibly limited, and the reasons for it aren't going away.

He might be the perfect veteran backup for a young starter.

1 hour ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

You and Ace might be the only ones on this forum believing that, but at least get the acronym right. WFT, not WTF. You can go WTF after Snyder sells the damn team.

Until you find a name for your Franchise, they will always be referred by me as the WTF's.  As far as the Rodgers trade and pretty much anything Ace prediction related?  I'll assume You've clearly never seen me post in his threads.

Ace has been and will continue to be on a level of his own. 🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 hours ago, Broncofan said:

giphy.gif

I fully get the jokes. Both the Rodgers/Ace prediction reference and the acronym joke. Neither were funny whatsoever to me. To each, his or her own. Unless sarcasm is blatantly obvious, it's hard to make the assumption that someone isn't being serious.

19 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Until you find a name for your Franchise, they will always be referred by me as the WTF's.  As far as the Rodgers trade and pretty much anything Ace prediction related?  I'll assume You've clearly never seen me post in his threads.

Ace has been and will continue to be on a level of his own. 🥃

WTF = WashingTon Football?

• Like 2