Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

11 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man how could we make the money work 

Hes double the player Lawson is. But man I don’t want to give up a first rounder. We could get a stud linebacker or corner. 

Hunter is going to want a Myles level contract I don’t think we can afford two of those 

Unless we trade Odell 👀 

Odel is untradeable unless it’s an Osweiler trade and we are not that desperate.  He has an elite WR contract but has not been elite since 2015.  He is also coming off of a major injury.

a stud LB was highly unlikely before today, now it is virtually impossible.  Moneyball devalued the position so we would not spend there.

signing Johnson also means we can run Woods preferred big nickel base with 3 starting Safeties and only 2 LBs.  I would be thrilled with LB if we brought back Goodson and Smith.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

Odel is untradeable unless it’s an Osweiler trade and we are not that desperate.  He has an elite WR contract but has not been elite since 2015.  He is also coming off of a major injury.

a stud LB was highly unlikely before today, now it is virtually impossible.  Moneyball devalued the position so we would not spend there.

signing Johnson also means we can run Woods preferred big nickel base with 3 starting Safeties and only 2 LBs.  I would be thrilled with LB if we brought back Goodson and Smith.

No chance. Knowing that we have to beat the Ravens to win the division--the Browns are in desperate need of a upgrade at LB. If you dont have athletic LBs who can shed blocks and fly to the ball that team will be in Clevelands way the entire yr

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Smith? Goodson is a fringe starter. Smith is horrible. 

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

No chance. Knowing that we have to beat the Ravens to win the division--the Browns are in desperate need of a upgrade at LB. If you dont have athletic LBs who can shed blocks and fly to the ball that team will be in Clevelands way the entire yr

That is the purpose of the 3rd safety in Joe Woods system.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

The 3rd safety is not going to slow down Lamar Jackson and JK Dobbins next year. Its a entire front 7 effort and as of right now, the Browns are WAY too soft in the interior of their front 7.

For the front 7 we need a DT and a DE.

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Just wait it out. Let all these 2nd tier guys get paid by other teams and see who’s left we can get cheap. 

Sadly yes.  We paid one guy.  That is about the limit.  The rookies will take about 7.5 mil.  We will fill out the rest wilts value signings probably.  Baker and Ward loom large in the very near future.