Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

17 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Yeah it would cost us $6 mil only. That's crazy cheap for a player like that. Even though his best days are behind him, he's still a very good linebacker. We could use a traditional linebacker with some juice in his legs.

For this year yeah but looking at his contract it looks like it balloons up to about 17M after that. 

Guys I'd love to have if the price is right:

*William Jackson: Rock solid man coverage CB

Not much went right for Cincinnati’s bottom-feeding defense in 2019, but Jackson was a rare standout in a positive sense. Though he struggled with injuries in the second half of the season, An outstanding boundary cornerback who was negatively affected at times by some perplexing safety “help” looks, Jackson seemed more comfortable when he could just erase his target on his own. Last season, Jackson did allow one touchdown in man coverage (which the Bengals used on just 33% of their snaps), but aside from that, he gave up just 10 catches on 28 targets for 159 yards, and a Positive Play Rate of 32.1% — good for fourth-best in the league.

I'd also take Mike Hilton (CB Pitt), but he's a slot CB. He's a good coverage guy and GREAT as a tackler.

Shelby Harris as a DT from Denver also intrigues me...as does Carlos Dunlap if the price is right.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd also take Mike Hilton (CB Pitt), but he's a slot CB. He's a good coverage guy and GREAT as a tackler.

Shelby Harris as a DT from Denver also intrigues me...as does Carlos Dunlap if the price is right.

I think cinci is getting Hilton 

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Shelby Harris resigned with denver

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think cinci is getting Hilton 

Good get for them tbh. Dude is really good in the slot and very versatile.

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Shelby Harris resigned with denver

Stupid CBS Free Agent tracker.

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Like 1

The secondary needs to be the strongest unit on defense. Just look at the resources we constantly invest into that unit. It’s obvious that Depo has had some influence because that’s the one area we’ve constantly tried to fix and he’s been the one constant besides Jimmy.

I would LOVE to get Griffin.

Griffin would be awesome. That secondary would make me feel so much better than last season, and that's before we even draft. I think they sign a couple of stable mid tier cheap D-Line guys, as we may legitimately be in position to go BPA in the draft, which is the dream. 

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

Yeah it would cost us $6 mil only. That's crazy cheap for a player like that. Even though his best days are behind him, he's still a very good linebacker. We could use a traditional linebacker with some juice in his legs.

I know he is mainly a 2 down backer but I’ll gladly take that right now. You know he would love to stick it to the ravens 2-3x a year

• Like 1

I think @candyman93said it. Their are no more top tier pass rushers left on the market. I would pump the money into the top tier secondary players that is left and then use the draft to improve the front 7. 
go get one of the top corners and be done spending big money. Fill in with depth and go big in the drsft for front 7

IMO, I'd take Ryan Kerrigan for a year. While he's 32, he's still very solid, but only started 1 game with that unbelievable front 4 last year. He's 6'4 and 265, good against the run, and still capable as a pass rusher.

He's basically Vernon production wise headed into 2021.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, I'd take Ryan Kerrigan for a year. While he's 32, he's still very solid, but only started 1 game with that unbelievable front 4 last year. He's 6'4 and 265, good against the run, and still capable as a pass rusher.

He's basically Vernon production wise headed into 2021.

Yeah he’d be great.

He’s a viable starter for at least one season, has always been productive and would allow us to draft BPA round 1 but doesn’t preclude us from taking a DE if that happens to be BPA.

• Like 1