Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Von is staying in Denver. The Browns only hope at getting a legit good 2nd option opposite Myles is by trading for Danielle Hunter. Outside of that the market is dry for real difference makers there.

and no, I dont view Clowney, Kerrigan or Reddick as real difference makers

Disagree, all three can be just as effective as OV. Reddick was just now used in the capacity as he should and has plenty of twitch, he would be a demon on 3rd down. Clowney would be a stud in the run game and can provide pressure off the edge, plus he is better in the 4-3 anyway and Kerrigan was very efficient in limited time. I think we are underestimating these moves just because there isn't the premier name, I'd also add Aldon Smith to the list who has plenty of juice left.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d also be hesitant to keep 8-9 rookies of the 25 or so defensive players you’d have on your 53.

I'd almost guarantee we move back into the first with some of those picks maybe even for the sake of having two guys with 5th year options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I don't know what the Pats are doing, but those are some BAD contracts they're dishing out.

Maybe Brady was the GM as well.

I like Henry. But the rest are bad. Agulars deal is stupid bad. Belichick is bad with receivers. Just like sanu last year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I don't know what the Pats are doing, but those are some BAD contracts they're dishing out.

Maybe Brady was the GM as well.

Actually some of the details aren't that bad. Most 1-2 year deals heavy on incentives.

3 hours ago, childofpudding said:

59 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Disagree, all three can be just as effective as OV. Reddick was just now used in the capacity as he should and has plenty of twitch, he would be a demon on 3rd down. Clowney would be a stud in the run game and can provide pressure off the edge, plus he is better in the 4-3 anyway and Kerrigan was very efficient in limited time. I think we are underestimating these moves just because there isn't the premier name, I'd also add Aldon Smith to the list who has plenty of juice left.

I'd almost guarantee we move back into the first with some of those picks maybe even for the sake of having two guys with 5th year options.

But thats my thing. Those guys would be lateral moves to Vernon which means we wouldnt be getting any better. Reddick, while having a good year, got 1/2 of his total season sacks in 1 game. Outside of that 1 game he had a 7 sack season but at least I guess he provides upside.

Either way, I wouldnt mind the Browns tossing that late 1st round pick at Hunter. THAT is a move that would change the Browns defense for the better and would come with far less uncertainty. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

I'd rather have William Jackson III. He's better suited to defend the big-bodied AFC North WR's like Tee Higgins and Chase Clownpool.

Hes super physical too isnt he? I like that in a CB-maybe because we currently have 2 glass statues out there at CB right now.

• Like 1