Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He'll put is hand in the dirt and rush the QB off the edge....

My eyes rolled so hard when I saw that 

Berry said that they always opt for young guys with upside (25, coming of his rookie deal with his best football ahead of him)

I wouldnt mind him but man, it feels like a gamble especially with the money its going to take to get him.

Your going to be paying him for something he hasnt done yet.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

I wouldnt mind him but man, it feels like a gamble especially with the money its going to take to get him.

Your going to be paying him for something he hasnt done yet.

I totally get it, but one thing that I almost put full faith in is our FO ability use analytics to project future success. You are 100% correct about him not being there yet, but he was the guy there in Cinci, he doesn't have a Myles Garrett to offset the blocking schemes, they all schemed for him. Also, his season was a dumpster fire but had one of his best seasons to date, that means he gives a damn which I love. He also had prior success, so he isn't a one year wonder, all of these things point towards someone who you can invest into long term IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I have big concerns about that. I never trust contract year break out players. 

Especially in the way he's gotten his production. He's gotten those gaudy numbers the same way Tashaun Gipson got all of his. Deceiving numbers that don't tell the story. That'd be fine if he wasn't going to get a big fat contract, but he's going to eat up a big chunk given his age and sack production.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I totally get it, but one thing that I almost put full faith in is our FO ability use analytics to project future success. You are 100% correct about him not being there yet, but he was the guy there in Cinci, he doesn't have a Myles Garrett to offset the blocking schemes, they all schemed for him. Also, his season was a dumpster fire but had one of his best seasons to date, that means he gives a damn which I love. He also had prior success, so he isn't a one year wonder, all of these things point towards someone who you can invest into long term IMO.

Good points, it will be interesting to find out where Berrys head is at and what he values. We all know they are going to get a 1b to Myles Garrett, but I am more interested to see what happens with LB/CB/S.

I saw Denzel Perryman, Brian Poole and Anthony Harris all linked to the Browns but IDK what to make of anything.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Good points, it will be interesting to find out where Berrys head is at and what he values. We all know they are going to get a 1b to Myles Garrett, but I am more interested to see what happens with LB/CB/S.

I saw Denzel Perryman, Brian Poole and Anthony Harris all linked to the Browns but IDK what to make of anything.

I'd be happy with any of those guys.