Pro Day/ Combine testing times:

Ozzy

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is either the fastest class of all time or people are stopping those watches too soon. 

All I am seeing is if they tank their testing or not, beyond that, I'm relying solely on tape.  I'm not looking at any hard numbers or RAS scores, because it's just not judged the same.  AJ Hawk ran a 4.59 at the combine, and a 4.38 at his pro day, and that's far from the biggest discrepancy I've seen.  If you tank testing at a pro day, red flag.  If you don't tank, i'm taking none of those numbers to heart.  It's no coincidence that this looks like the most athletic draft class of all time the one year they don't do the combine.  I'm just surprised no one has claimed to run a 4.19 yet.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

For me it would depend on the cost for Hurst to keep him considering a 2 TE set is a staple of the system smith runs which is based of shannys style of system as well.

Agreed. My point is his contract next year (per spotrac) is 5+ million with no dead money if cut.

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Bateman is small!

My best guess is he lost some weight to clock a solid 40 yard time. His play strength won't be questioned. Speed is his biggest question mark.

Benjamin St-Juste had a good Senior Bowl performance. That along with his measurables makes him a day 2, if not round 2 lock. Haven't watched him play much, but if he knows how to use his size that would be a start.

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Bateman is small!

2 minutes ago, Fullback said:

My best guess is he lost some weight to clock a solid 40 yard time. His play strength won't be questioned. Speed is his biggest question mark.

Benjamin St-Juste had a good Senior Bowl performance. That along with his measurables makes him a day 2, if not round 2 lock. Haven't watched him play much, but if he knows how to use his size that would be a start.

Hope its intentional for testing, and not long term effects from COVID still. He came in about 1/2" shorter and 10-lb lighter than Justin Jefferson, with the same arm length and hands. Just jumped within a couple of inches short of JJ's numbers for VJ and BJ too. So not quite the athlete that Jefferson is, but still solid for a guy that people were worried about how he'd test. I think the numbers with his sophomore tape is enough to get him into the late 1st.