Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

9 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

wow, you guys are just awful human beings huh? Thank god its the internet though. Gotta live somewhere. 

It's called accountability. No one is wishing death on the unvaccinated (I don't think anyway). They are saying "they are making their choice, now they can deal with it", which is a completely logical route to take. If one person took every precaution throughout this thing, why should they continue to have to accommodate for the ones who refuse to take the first step? It's not fair, and is just another example of the sense of entitlement everyone has nowadays. If we're being chased by a bear and you broke your leg, I would try to carry you. If you just didn't feel like running and expect me to exert twice as much energy to save us both, I'd focus on saving myself. 

You can't keep putting the burden of the unvaccinated on the vaccinated. Everyone has access to the vaccine at this point and, barring a medical reason for not being able to get it, can make their own bed. Anyone who chooses to bypass the vaccine (again, that is working) is doing so knowing the risks. They are responsible for the choice they make and can deal with the consequences. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If we're being chased by a bear and you broke your leg, I would try to carry you. If you just didn't feel like running and expect me to exert twice as much energy to save us both, I'd focus on saving myself. 

I like this analogy right here.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:
35 minutes ago, JonStark said:

If we're being chased by a bear and you broke your leg, I would try to carry you. If you just didn't feel like running and expect me to exert twice as much energy to save us both, I'd focus on saving myself. 

I like this analogy right here.

Is the person with the broken leg constantly complaining that they would be better off walking on their own, that their leg is fine and the bear was trying to steal the 2020 presidential election, and also that bears aren't real?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is the person with the broken leg constantly complaining that they would be better off walking on their own, that their leg is fine and the bear was trying to steal the 2020 presidential election, and also that bears aren't real?

The person with the broken leg actually as a medical reason for not being able to escape the bear. 

The person without the broken leg is just dead weight, slugging a beer on my back, and mocking the bear chasing us. All while expecting myself to save us both. 

• Like 2

This whole get in shape argument has no bearing on a global pandemic. Quite simply, if everyone on the planet was in peak physical condition for their age group, we would STILL need people to get vaccinated and there would still be a global pandemic raging. Healthy lifestyles are good, but it doesnt cure disease. What a stupid idea that is. 

• Like 5

I get that overly simplistic stances are all the rage in 2021 but simply characterizing those who haven't taken the vaccine as die hard Trumpers or election deniers isn't backed up by reality. The demographics with the lowest vaccination rates are Blacks and Hispanics, who 1) Are certainly not predominantly right leaning, and 2) Have plenty of reasons to distrust the government (currently the #2 reason for not being vaccinated). 

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity | KFF

9627 - Figure 4

I understand the frustration but it's not as simple an issue as it's being made out to be here. I mean independents mindsets are far closer to Republicans than they are to Democrats. That doesn't fit the narrative.

Biden nets positive marks for handling pandemic, but vaccine resistance, Delta concern remains - CBS News poll - CBS News

pasted-image-0-5.png

Like I said a few pages back, the vaccine getting FDA approval here in the next few weeks is good news. I think that will have a noticeable impact on some of these holdouts. The number one reason for people holding out right now is fear of side effects. Getting FDA approval should help dissuade that concern to a degree. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

It's called accountability. No one is wishing death on the unvaccinated (I don't think anyway). They are saying "they are making their choice, now they can deal with it", which is a completely logical route to take. If one person took every precaution throughout this thing, why should they continue to have to accommodate for the ones who refuse to take the first step? It's not fair, and is just another example of the sense of entitlement everyone has nowadays. If we're being chased by a bear and you broke your leg, I would try to carry you. If you just didn't feel like running and expect me to exert twice as much energy to save us both, I'd focus on saving myself. 

You can't keep putting the burden of the unvaccinated on the vaccinated. Everyone has access to the vaccine at this point and, barring a medical reason for not being able to get it, can make their own bed. Anyone who chooses to bypass the vaccine (again, that is working) is doing so knowing the risks. They are responsible for the choice they make and can deal with the consequences. 

That’s not an apt comparison, is it? What you’re saying is if that person broke their leg, you wouldn’t help them and no one else can either. That’s what you’re saying. As the statistical figure show, the vaccinated are essentially not at risk. The burden right now is potentially having to wear a mask again. Or do we want to go back to the potential resource strain?

and just look at @ramssuperbowl99post. It take such little time and effort to see this isn’t just a trump voter thing, its disingenuous, moronic and the result of living in a bubble of like two people and the internet.

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

That’s not an apt comparison, is it? What you’re saying is if that person broke their leg, you wouldn’t help them and no one else can either. That’s what you’re saying. As the statistical figure show, the vaccinated are essentially not at risk. The burden right now is potentially having to wear a mask again. Or do we want to go back to the potential resource strain?

and just look at @ramssuperbowl99post. It take such little time and effort to see this isn’t just a trump voter thing, its disingenuous, moronic and the result of living in a bubble of like two people and the internet.

I literally said if someone broke their leg, I would help them. I said I would not help them if they were fully capable of running yet decided to hop on my back instead. Come on man, this is PEAK putting words into someone else's mouth. 

You're not listening to anyone. The burden is a mask mandate, semi-lockdown, and burning out the healthcare system. Why should the vaccinated ones have to suffer all of that because there are people out there refusing to use a perfectly good vaccine? This has nothing to do with politics and I'm not sure why you even brought it up in reference to my post. 

Let me ask you a question along the lines of your own personal analogy. One person smokes their entire life. One person has never touched a cigarette. Everything else is equal. Are you ok with both of those people paying the exact same amount for health insurance and getting the exact same benefits? 

34 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I get that overly simplistic stances are all the rage in 2021 but simply characterizing those who haven't taken the vaccine as die hard Trumpers or election deniers isn't backed up by reality. The demographics with the lowest vaccination rates are Blacks and Hispanics, who 1) Are certainly not predominantly right leaning, and 2) Have plenty of reasons to distrust the government (currently the #2 reason for not being vaccinated). 

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity | KFF

9627 - Figure 4

I understand the frustration but it's not as simple an issue as it's being made out to be here. I mean independents mindsets are far closer to Republicans than they are to Democrats. That doesn't fit the narrative.

Biden nets positive marks for handling pandemic, but vaccine resistance, Delta concern remains - CBS News poll - CBS News

pasted-image-0-5.png

Like I said a few pages back, the vaccine getting FDA approval here in the next few weeks is good news. I think that will have a noticeable impact on some of these holdouts. The number one reason for people holding out right now is fear of side effects. Getting FDA approval should help dissuade that concern to a degree. 

We’re not talking about that particular demographic being the problem. So yes, the FDA approval will help as well as more and more places making it mandatory. This is what I said below. I singled out Beasley since he’s a prime example of the people who shouldn’t be helped.

Edited by Xenos

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I literally said if someone broke their leg, I would help them. I said I would not help them if they were fully capable of running yet decided to hop on my back instead. Come on man, this is PEAK putting words into someone else's mouth. 

You're not listening to anyone. The burden is a mask mandate, semi-lockdown, and burning out the healthcare system. Why should the vaccinated ones have to suffer all of that because there are people out there refusing to use a perfectly good vaccine? This has nothing to do with politics and I'm not sure why you even brought it up in reference to my post. 

Let me ask you a question along the lines of your own personal analogy. One person smokes their entire life. One person has never touched a cigarette. Everything else is equal. Are you ok with both of those people paying the exact same amount for health insurance and getting the exact same benefits? 

I’m absolutely listening, I’m cutting to the part that matters. In your comparison, it’s not apples to apples. I literally said the more apt comparison is you wouldn’t help and no one else can either. Where am I wrong with that? 

ok, so you do want I go to potential strains on resources and burning out the healthcare system. We’re not there yet, if we get there, we can start throwing people out if needed. But that’s a ways away if it even happens. So Right now, your burden is a mask. 

And no, the smoker and non smoker should not pay the same. But we should provide medical care to both. Why are you analogies that aren’t apples to apples.

Lastly, I was referring to @ramssuperbowl99 post about politics. Probably should have replied to it separately, but while I have no political affiliation, it got under my skin on how lazy, stupid and misinformed it was.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

We’re not talking about that particular demographic being the problem. So yes, the FDA approval will help as well as more and more places making it mandatory. This is what I said below. I singled out Beasley since he’s a prime example of the people who shouldn’t be helped.

There are tons of posts in this thread, and even on this page (assuming this isn't paged) mocking/blasting/blaming that Demographic. To argue otherwise is to deny reality. 

I agree with the general stance that accountability matters. I have no issue with your take on Beasley. If you pass on the vaccine and get COVID then you should be of lower priority because you made your own bed. I have no issue with that.

• Like 1