Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

So from what I've read, Ivermectin (I'm assuming in smaller doses than a horse gets) has helped in pre and post covid situations, but the trials were small. I know they were going to try it in some bigger ones but honestly haven't heard about any. So while it's obviously not the same as a vaccine, there is a chance it could be alright (sorry that's not really an answer). Bret Weinstein has talked about it more in-depth than I could if you want to check that out.

Honestly if it works, great. I know we all want everyone to get vaccinated but if there is another solution and the combination of the two protects everyone, that's not a bad thing. I just don't know that there is enough evidence to support it being another solution yet. 

Well at least with this drug you’re only taking it from horses instead of from people that need it to fight arthritis and lupus 😅

Edited by Xenos

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

So from what I've read, Ivermectin (I'm assuming in smaller doses than a horse gets) has helped in pre and post covid situations, but the trials were small. I know they were going to try it in some bigger ones but honestly haven't heard about any. So while it's obviously not the same as a vaccine, there is a chance it could be alright (sorry that's not really an answer). Bret Weinstein has talked about it more in-depth than I could if you want to check that out.

Honestly if it works, great. I know we all want everyone to get vaccinated but if there is another solution and the combination of the two protects everyone, that's not a bad thing. I just don't know that there is enough evidence to support it being another solution yet. 

I've seen Dark Horse's stuff and found Ivermectin to prevent interesting. Also 5 hours a week of exercise having significant improvement with recovery if infected and possibly preventing and I fit this category. Natural immunity doing more than just the 'spike protein' and an article posted earlier didn't detail that just said vaccine has a greater response with SP. Well that's all the vaccine does, it doesn't have the other benefits but that 'scientist' left that out so that looks like a 'bias' to me and wouldn't be seen as 'misinformation' to other's with same bias but I'd consider it misleading towards a direction they want but what do I know. I'm illiterate lol 

As far as natural immunity my gf in Vegas got covid when Vegas first shut down. Some of her coworkers recently got it and she hasn't and work had a random test for the unvaxxed. There's a lot I'm leaving out because of confidentiality but that business is NOT handling the situation as they should with informing and it's the workers who are warning each other and this is a huge industry with close contact. So THAT SUCKS! 

I'm so 'anti vax' I recommended to my parents and their partners to get 3rd shot ASAP. I told them to look into J&J a bit more because I thought I read somewhere it was better against Delta but told them to ALWAYS do your own study. 

I'll be honest. The more I read here the less I want to get vaccinated... I get people's frustration and understand it but it gets the opposite result of what you want. I'm watching Israel closely for 'herd immunity' and it's not looking good. 8 months and counting and people already need a 3rd shot.

So when does the 'just get vaxxed' crowd give up? I think 3 years so end of 2022...I've got savings, I can wait.

7 hours ago, G said:

I've seen Dark Horse's stuff and found Ivermectin to prevent interesting. Also 5 hours a week of exercise having significant improvement with recovery if infected and possibly preventing and I fit this category. Natural immunity doing more than just the 'spike protein' and an article posted earlier didn't detail that just said vaccine has a greater response with SP. Well that's all the vaccine does, it doesn't have the other benefits but that 'scientist' left that out so that looks like a 'bias' to me and wouldn't be seen as 'misinformation' to other's with same bias but I'd consider it misleading towards a direction they want but what do I know. I'm illiterate lol 

As far as natural immunity my gf in Vegas got covid when Vegas first shut down. Some of her coworkers recently got it and she hasn't and work had a random test for the unvaxxed. There's a lot I'm leaving out because of confidentiality but that business is NOT handling the situation as they should with informing and it's the workers who are warning each other and this is a huge industry with close contact. So THAT SUCKS! 

I'm so 'anti vax' I recommended to my parents and their partners to get 3rd shot ASAP. I told them to look into J&J a bit more because I thought I read somewhere it was better against Delta but told them to ALWAYS do your own study. 

I'll be honest. The more I read here the less I want to get vaccinated... I get people's frustration and understand it but it gets the opposite result of what you want. I'm watching Israel closely for 'herd immunity' and it's not looking good. 8 months and counting and people already need a 3rd shot.

So when does the 'just get vaxxed' crowd give up? I think 3 years so end of 2022...I've got savings, I can wait.

Please provide the studies for the first bolded part. Even if that is proven to be true, exercise is not enough to have stopped Covid, so I'm not sure why you keep clinging to that as a solution. If every single person on the planet worked out 5 hours a week, Covid still happens. Would it help? Sure, but you still need the vaccine.

Also provide the study that says natural immunity is doing more than the vaccine. Apologies if I missed it. 

Does Israel use the same vaccines the US does? I honestly don't think using them as a direct comparison to the US makes much sense, but unless they have stopped air travel internationally you can't even hold the herd immunity against them. Can you prove that they wouldn't have reached the needed threshold without people bringing it in from other countries?

You can wait. Awesome. Not everyone can. 

Back to a mask mandate at work, and the two people who were going to go for the vaccine once it's fully approved now feel like there's no rush since we're back to phase 1 anyway. 

Someone get me off this covid carousel. 

I cant believe we are back here again...what the $*&(*%R&E#*&%

• Like 2

Back to a mask mandate at work, and the two people who were going to go for the vaccine once it's fully approved now feel like there's no rush since we're back to phase 1 anyway. 

Someone get me off this covid carousel. 

So what’s phase 1? Is it the most restrictive, medium, or lowest?

Edited by Xenos

Just now, Xenos said:

So what’s phase 1? Is it the most restrictive, medium, or lowest 

Most restrictive. Basically we're back to where we were when this whole thing started. This is such a stupid way to try to motivate vaccination. It actually does the opposite because people who don't understand vaccines will just say that it's not working when it is. 

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

Please provide the studies for the first bolded part. Even if that is proven to be true, exercise is not enough to have stopped Covid, so I'm not sure why you keep clinging to that as a solution. If every single person on the planet worked out 5 hours a week, Covid still happens. Would it help? Sure, but you still need the vaccine.

Also provide the study that says natural immunity is doing more than the vaccine. Apologies if I missed it. 

Does Israel use the same vaccines the US does? I honestly don't think using them as a direct comparison to the US makes much sense, but unless they have stopped air travel internationally you can't even hold the herd immunity against them. Can you prove that they wouldn't have reached the needed threshold without people bringing it in from other countries?

You can wait. Awesome. Not everyone can. 

Google is your friend. The one I'm referring to is the South Korea involving 100,000 subjects but WebMD 'More exercise lowers risk of severe covid 19' I think April 19 might be more your preference because you don't seem to trust other countries. What do the call that a nationalist? I honestly don't know because so many words get thrown out yet people have a hard time defining when asked. (not you) I didn't say exercise is enough to stop covid. Just pointing out the fact I haven't gotten it and that might have something to do with it. Either that or it's not as widespread as they say or many more got it and never knew. Lots of possibilites as this is all new.  I haven't seen a 1-5 year study on covid vaccines working either. Oh wait, because we haven't delt with it that long and the 'real world evidence' is still coming in from the 'experiment' which you all participated in. Thank you for your service. As I'm a wait and see type. So we are in the process of studying and many of you here want to not have a control group that isn't vaccinated to compare it to. Kind of strage because science usually likes stuff like that to compare and why they use placebos. 

I don't know what Israel uses but I trust their government to protect their people because Hitler tried to wipe them off the face of the Earth not that long ago and they said 'Never Again' as a people and why they have the best military on the planet. I knew a guy who was 'drafted' Italian turned 18 living there with his Mom. He had a 'choice' join or leave and he joined. I know his stories are way more intense than my military experience or that of those I know except for a select few who 'contract' work now. So I think they 'look after their own' probably a little too intensely and with Bernie Madoff really caught the community by surprise. Oh I invest in stocks too but I do my own dilligence. So I can't 'prove' anything just like you can't prove the vaccines will end covid. As a matter of fact, I'd say covid is here forever so learn to live with it because the this 'merry go round' won't have everyone on it and why mental health is more troublesome than covid. Just read about the Dad who slaughtered his kids in Mexico. He was 'Q' and the more people 'push' the more of those kinds are going to do things. 

To another poster wanting to know 'red/blue' stuff that we can't talk about. Most unvaccinated I know and most people I know are in the middle with a slight 'lean'. The races are diverse as is the male/female ratio. Not a single one of them would be extreme either side and most of us lean left including myself because were Californians. Our jobs range from healthcare/mental health, business owners, and a ton of first responders. If I was in the latter group I would have got vaccinated because of the risk/reward with being in contact with a specific population. The guys I know all got it and don't regret it but are saying no to anymore 'boosters' after what they've seen the past 8 months. 

7 minutes ago, G said:

Google is your friend. The one I'm referring to is the South Korea involving 100,000 subjects but WebMD 'More exercise lowers risk of severe covid 19' I think April 19 might be more your preference because you don't seem to trust other countries. What do the call that a nationalist? I honestly don't know because so many words get thrown out yet people have a hard time defining when asked. (not you) I didn't say exercise is enough to stop covid. Just pointing out the fact I haven't gotten it and that might have something to do with it. Either that or it's not as widespread as they say or many more got it and never knew. Lots of possibilites as this is all new.  I haven't seen a 1-5 year study on covid vaccines working either. Oh wait, because we haven't delt with it that long and the 'real world evidence' is still coming in from the 'experiment' which you all participated in. Thank you for your service. As I'm a wait and see type. So we are in the process of studying and many of you here want to not have a control group that isn't vaccinated to compare it to. Kind of strage because science usually likes stuff like that to compare and why they use placebos. 

I don't know what Israel uses but I trust their government to protect their people because Hitler tried to wipe them off the face of the Earth not that long ago and they said 'Never Again' as a people and why they have the best military on the planet. I knew a guy who was 'drafted' Italian turned 18 living there with his Mom. He had a 'choice' join or leave and he joined. I know his stories are way more intense than my military experience or that of those I know except for a select few who 'contract' work now. So I think they 'look after their own' probably a little too intensely and with Bernie Madoff really caught the community by surprise. Oh I invest in stocks too but I do my own dilligence. So I can't 'prove' anything just like you can't prove the vaccines will end covid. As a matter of fact, I'd say covid is here forever so learn to live with it because the this 'merry go round' won't have everyone on it and why mental health is more troublesome than covid. Just read about the Dad who slaughtered his kids in Mexico. He was 'Q' and the more people 'push' the more of those kinds are going to do things. 

To another poster wanting to know 'red/blue' stuff that we can't talk about. Most unvaccinated I know and most people I know are in the middle with a slight 'lean'. The races are diverse as is the male/female ratio. Not a single one of them would be extreme either side and most of us lean left including myself because were Californians. Our jobs range from healthcare/mental health, business owners, and a ton of first responders. If I was in the latter group I would have got vaccinated because of the risk/reward with being in contact with a specific population. The guys I know all got it and don't regret it but are saying no to anymore 'boosters' after what they've seen the past 8 months. 

rambling ramblin man GIF

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Most restrictive. Basically we're back to where we were when this whole thing started. This is such a stupid way to try to motivate vaccination. It actually does the opposite because people who don't understand vaccines will just say that it's not working when it is. 

Interesting. What makes it the most restrictive besides the masking? With us, we’ve always had indoor masking even when the CDC had the recommendations back in May. So I guess that was the least restrictive for us. Now they’re pulling all the stops for the fall such as vaccine mandates and more testing for those who have exemptions and can’t get vaccinated.

Edited by Xenos

Billy Idol's 'Dancing with myself' may also work. Oh, oh ,ooo ooohh

It's clear there are a few here actually willing to discuss. ipny, ET and TL who I can see an interesting direction or 'slippery slope' about FREEDOM. 

So if you want to take away my freedom then I say we take away everybody's. No drinking, smoking diets and exercise all around. Keep your distance and no procreation without a license. Hummm sounds similar to an episode of Black Mirror. Well I'll leave you alone because none of us needs to waste our time anymore. It's too bad the coworkers are postponing the vaccine because of restrictions at work. For EVERY ACTION there is a REACTION. 

One last tid bit to make you all hate me more...I know how much you enjoy movie references so...In Infinity War, Thanos actually wasn't the bad guy. Endgame straight up but with Climate Change the only way to stop it is a reduction in population. I think Al Gore said it was almost too late decades ago and was the point of no return so here we are. Also interesting how a 'party' that backs unions and workers over business are pushing business to mandate vaccines and saying 'we got your back' but what do these businesses think they will say come election time? Once they get what they want at least... Something to think about. Good day sir!!!