Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Looks like Texas’s leadership is killing it.

And by it, I mean people. 

I'm happy to report that local government is standing up to that idiot - both Harris and Fort Bend County have passed mask mandates in schools regardless of what Abbott is doing.

KP George of Fort Bend County (where I live) has actually called in several pediatricians and Data Scientist from Texas Children's Hospital to build his case against Abbott's ruling - he's filing a lawsuit against Abbott and he's bringing an army with him.

https://abc13.com/fort-bend-county-judge-kp-george-covid-mask-mandates/10945298/

I'm still nervous sending my daughter to school, but I feel a bit more at ease with George taking such a hard line stance against Abbott.

In addition to George - Harris County judge Lina Hidalgo (best way to think of Harris County is "Houston proper") is also mandating masks in schools and getting experts from TCH to provide data - probably in an attempt to join in on the suit against Abbott:

https://abc13.com/schools-mask-mandate-texas-harris-county/10947811/

Say what you will about Texas - Houston is fighting back.

Edit - San Antonio (Bexar County) and Dallas (Dallas County) are joining the fight:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/10/texas-mask-mandate/

Literally speaking... these are three of the biggest cities in Texas, and they're all pushing back hard.

There are good people here who understand what's at stake here. We're fighting back as hard as we can.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We start Monday. I'm going to sit back and watch the mayhem unfold. I'm glad that we spent the last two days taking a deep breath and championing a "normal" school year, evaluating data from last year (talk about a logical fallacy in and of itself), and graduation requirements instead of what we're going to do when all you know what breaks loose.

Watching mayhem unfold is not optimal when it’s my kid in the middle of said mayhem.

”what are we gonna do” isn’t even necessary.  The reality is no one is gonna do anything until someone in a higher position tells them exactly what they’re going to do.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Watching mayhem unfold is not optimal when it’s my kid in the middle of said mayhem.

”what are we gonna do” isn’t even necessary.  The reality is no one is gonna do anything until someone in a higher position tells them exactly what they’re going to do.

My grumpy old man level is currently a current 10/10. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

what if we decided not to administer medicine to those who choose not to get vaccinated (except for legitimate medical reasons)?

On 8/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm serious. I doubt there's a single MD or RN actively practicing who hasn't been somehow damaged long term by this. We have to recognize that burnout among the limited supply of healthcare pros that we have is a threat to our healthcare system, and act accordingly.

Deprioritize the care of any non-vaccinated COVID-19 patient without medical justification for the no-jab status after a certain date. I'm not saying those people shouldn't be treated if we have capacity, but other priorities including screenings and routine care should take priority.

Expand  

Yup. Only way to relieve the burden

Will insurance carriers adjust premiums this upcoming open enrollment for vaccinated/ unvaccinated individuals?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Will insurance carriers adjust premiums this upcoming open enrollment for vaccinated/ unvaccinated individuals?

Not sure about carriers themselves. But I know that some companies are looking into not paying for it if their employees get Covid and are unvaccinated.

53 minutes ago, squire12 said:

They do it for smokers and non smokers.

- A former smoker

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xenos said:

And it’s this type of backwards logic that lead to people believing conspiracy theories and being antivaxxers. Thanks for pushing this false agenda along Uncle Buck.

That cartoon is you to a T.  Actually wait, you don't let anyone ask questions or have discussion.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

That cartoon is you to a T.  Actually wait, you don't let anyone ask questions or have discussion.

I would love to discuss it, but it would inevitably turn into a political discussion and as a result, my hands are tied on this site.

11 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Says the guy who thinks we can fight our way out of a pandemic by exercising.

• Like 1