Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

18 hours ago, ET80 said:
On 8/5/2021 at 8:38 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

Good one bruh, hurt me deep. We all realize though that if someone suggested what you are in the real world, it would be laughed at. Right?

Wrong:

21 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

(For the record, I'm totally the petty type who says "I told you so,")

1 month later it was on national late night television:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

nah, politicians do the evil stuff on purpose 😉

I mean tbf, Rogan does too. He’s “just some dumb guy hearing people out” until he magically finds the need to push back with generic anti-vaccine talking points to guests who suggest the vaccine is a good idea. 
He knows what he’s doing for sure. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

I mean tbf, Rogan does too. He’s “just some dumb guy hearing people out” until he magically finds the need to push back with generic anti-vaccine talking points to guests who suggest the vaccine is a good idea. 

The best Joe Rogan description I've ever heard is Oprah for men. And yeah he's doing the same "Dr. Oz" crap.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

that's fair, he's def latched onto this grift probably more consciously than i give him credit for!

8 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that's fair, he's def latched onto this grift probably more consciously than i give him credit for!

People like Joe Rogan have realized that anti-vaxxers and people along that line looooooooooove to give out money like it's nobodies business, so of course they have latched onto that grift. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

People like Joe Rogan have realized that anti-vaxxers and people along that line looooooooooove to give out money like it's nobodies business, so of course they have latched onto that grift. 

You think Rogan is a grift? Whew... I'd love to get your thoughts on...... never mind.

How 'bout dem Bears?

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You think Rogan is a grift? Whew... I'd love to get your thoughts on...... never mind.

How 'bout dem Bears?

There was an interview he did recently (before he got sick) where he was doing a podcast with an actual expert on viruses and started arguing with her and his main point was "Do you personally know anybody who's gotten sick from the vaccine? I have." and he kept repeating that line over and over again like his anecdotal evidence means a damn thing.

He is 100000000% a grift when it comes to this subject and I don't even see how it can be argued at this point.

• Like 4

I get why people are annoyed w/ Rogan though. He plays both sides of the fence and that drives people nuts. He's human though. He says dumb **** but he also gets some good thought provoking conversation started. I think my favorite thing about him (and I barely listen to his show) is that he actually let's people talk and doesn't talk over them. I really hate when podcasters don't let their guests speak.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There was an interview he did recently (before he got sick) where he was doing a podcast with an actual expert on viruses and started arguing with her and his main point was "Do you personally know anybody who's gotten sick from the vaccine? I have." and he kept repeating that line over and over again like his anecdotal evidence means a damn thing.

He is 100000000% a grift when it comes to this subject and I don't even see how it can be argued at this point.

Gotcha. I haven't listened to any of his thoughts on this except he facetiously toyed w/ suing CNN which I would be thrilled if he did b/c they obviously haven't learned from the Sandmann fiasco. I can't speak about anything else he's said b/c, like I said, I haven't listened to him about this. I really only listen to previous podcasts of his and nothing new. He's had some fantastic guests.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

23 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Gotcha. I haven't listened to any of his thoughts on this except he facetiously toyed w/ suing CNN which I would be thrilled if he did b/c they obviously haven't learned from the Sandmann fiasco. I can't speak about anything else he's said b/c, like I said, I haven't listened to him about this. I really only listen to previous podcasts of his and nothing new. He's had some fantastic guests.

If he tries to sue CNN over the ivermectin comments, he would lose lol

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

Anyways some good news for the vaccinated.

https://news.yahoo.com/one-5-000-real-chances-183201138.html

In recent weeks, however, more data has become available, and it suggests that the true picture is less alarming. Yes, delta has increased the chances of getting COVID for almost everyone. But if you’re vaccinated, a COVID infection is still uncommon, and those high viral loads are not as worrisome as they initially sounded.

How small are the chances of the average vaccinated American contracting COVID? Probably about 1 in 5,000 per day, and even lower for people who take precautions or live in a highly vaccinated community.

These numbers help show why the talking point about viral loads was problematic. It was one of those statements that managed to be both true and misleading. Even when the size of the viral loads are similar, the virus behaves differently in the noses and throats of the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

In an unvaccinated person, a viral load is akin to an enemy army facing little resistance. In a vaccinated person, the human immune system launches a powerful response and tends to prevail quickly — often before the host body gets sick or infects others. That the viral loads were initially similar in size can end up being irrelevant.

• Like 1