Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is zoom/FaceTime an option?

Oh yeah absolutely. We plan on facetiming him at some point. 

The other silver lining is that this is our postponed reception; we were legally married during a backyard ceremony a year ago with only immediate family and the bridal party, and he was there for that. So he'll be missing the party.

• Like 4

Just now, minutemancl said:

Oh yeah absolutely. We plan on facetiming him at some point. 

The other silver lining is that this is our postponed reception; we were legally married during a backyard ceremony a year ago with only immediate family and the bridal party, and he was there for that. So he'll be missing the party.

I mean, that's a positive - still sucks he's not at the celebration, though.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Was informed by a friend my HS art teacher passed away from Covid last week. Due to medical issues he couldn’t get the vaccine. 😢 

So sorry to hear that. This prompted me to check obituaries about my favorite HS teacher who got me into architecture (even though it wasn't what I ended up doing) because I know he had some medical complications that may prevent him from getting the vax as well. Happily he is stilly kicking. 

So about 10 hours after vaccine, start getting the chills uncontrollably, like worst chills I’ve ever had. 20 mins later. 102.9 fever. Stayed at 102 for 8 hours straight. Insomnia. Feels like my head was hit with a sledge hammer repeatedly. Congested. 

I’m finally at 100.8 consistently, so getting a little better. 

One of the unlucky ones, I guess. Fml. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

So about 10 hours after vaccine, start getting the chills uncontrollably, like worst chills I’ve ever had. 20 mins later. 102.9 fever. Stayed at 102 for 8 hours straight. Insomnia. Feels like my head was hit with a sledge hammer repeatedly. Congested. 

I had those chills and a slight fever but it only lasted a few hours. Sucks your having a rough go

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For me, the day after I was a little run down and the second day after, I had those chills and the fever. The third day I was back to 100%, so you should be back to normal soon. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I had those chills and a slight fever but it only lasted a few hours. Sucks your having a rough go

I mean if it all ends up working out and I get better, still glad I got it, but damn. That was a roller coaster. Feel like I’m not quite out of the woods yet though. 

Those chills are nuts. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

So sorry to hear that. This prompted me to check obituaries about my favorite HS teacher who got me into architecture (even though it wasn't what I ended up doing) because I know he had some medical complications that may prevent him from getting the vax as well. Happily he is stilly kicking. 

Yeah he was my favorite teacher and one of the nicest person I’ve known. Everyone in school nicknamed him Ned Flanders and the crazy thing was he kinda looked like him. He was the only teacher I invited to have dinner with my family.  He left behind 3 kids and a wife RIP.

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s usually a day or two.

Slam some water and OTC meds and take a nap.

• Like 1