Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

https://www.yahoo.com/news/outspoken-ceo-rural-nc-hospital-113000176.html

Hospital system having to postpone elective procedures because they don’t have room for covid patients in a county with 30% vaccination rates.

Imagine having to wait on your hip or knee replacement and deal with the chronic pain just because your neighbors were too ignorant to get vaccinated and are sucking up all of the resources.

• Like 2

Negative covid test. 

And my symptoms have disappeared just about entirely at the 25-26 hour mark. Had a 101-102 fever for 26 hours. 

- Fever is nearly gone, staying at a low 99

- Head feels 85% better

- Congestion/runny nose is almost entirely gone

I have lost a good amount of my taste though. Not all of it, but I would say my taste is operating around 20-30% capacity, and that’s without much congestion. Weird. I did find a reddit thread where some people experienced this with the second dose of pfizer/moderna and it lasted anywhere from 3 days to 3 months. 

• Like 6

Free:

Novavax launches early trials for combined covid-19 and influenza vaccine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/09/covid-delta-variant-live-updates/#link-73WGYBGMKND5ZLTNR23VKLJCSE

Paywalled:

People who got Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus shot feel left behind in push for boosters

Many of the 14 million Americans who got the single-dose vaccine worry over when they might be eligible for an additional shot.

Janice Higgins isn’t the type to ignore advice from health professionals, especially when it comes to protecting herself from the coronavirus. When officials recommended masks, she wore them. When the vaccines arrived, she got the first one available to her.

But the Biden administration’s plan for coronavirus booster shots is testing her faith in the process.

Higgins is one of 14 million Americans who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which isn’t covered under the booster plan announced Aug. 18. Officials’ decision to focus first on recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna shots panicked her, she said. She already worried that she had received the weakest of the three vaccines and questioned how it would stand up against the ferocious delta variant. “For people who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, we anticipate vaccine boosters will likely be needed,” Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy said in the Aug. 18 briefing by the White House covid-19 response team. “The J&J vaccine was not administered in the U.S. until March of 2021, and we expect more data on J&J in the coming weeks. With those data in hand, we will keep the public informed with a timely plan for J&J booster shots.”  

Johnson & Johnson said in late August that data from a pair of studies it conducted over the summer showed a booster dose of its vaccine generated a ninefold increase in the types of antibodies that neutralize the coronavirus. Earlier research showed that antibody responses from a single shot remained strong eight months after immunization, according to the company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/08/johnson-johnson-vaccine-booster-shots/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

Once again, the issue isn’t that Rogan was “joking” about suing CNN. It’s because he’s in the wrong for even pushing ivermectin as a treatment in the first place. Do you not understand that he’s part of the problem? Or that ivermectin is not a good thing to use right now for Covid?

https://news.yahoo.com/efforts-grow-stamp-parasite-drug-205644850.html

Do you not understand that wasn't the point of me bringing it up? You're just so hell bent on making that the discussion, that's why I edited my post bc that's not what I wanted to discuss. I'm talking about a guy facetiously talking about suing a major news corporation and you respond pointing at something else that I didn't initiate a discussion about which is why I ended it. Then you have some other clown chiming in about me running from facts or whatever stupid stuff he said when I tried to end it..... but here we are.......

23 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Do you not understand that wasn't the point of me bringing it up? You're just so hell bent on making that the discussion, that's why I edited my post bc that's not what I wanted to discuss. I'm talking about a guy facetiously talking about suing a major news corporation and you respond pointing at something else that I didn't initiate a discussion about which is why I ended it. Then you have some other clown chiming in about me running from facts or whatever stupid stuff he said when I tried to end it..... but here we are.......

Buddy, pal, friend.  What’s with all the name calling? I don’t call you “the bumbling idiot” or anything (because that wouldn’t be nice and it would be against the forum rules), why do you have to keep making this personal?  

And my last post wasn’t just referencing a single event, it’s been a common theme. Other people seemingly noticed it too. Of course that statement was my opinion and you’re free to disagree.  I realize that you have trouble differentiating the two, so I figured I’d help you out amigo.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:52 PM, Deadpulse said:

keep it coming capitalism, the irony is palpable. 

You cannot buy things if you are dead(*) so call it "incentivized corporate enlightenment."

(*) Well ... excluding something you have on a recurring purchase agreement like a gym membership. They don't give a damn if you are dead or not.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

You cannot buy things if you are dead(*) so call it "incentivized corporate enlightenment."

(*) Well ... excluding something you have on a recurring purchase agreement like a gym membership. They don't give a damn if you are dead or not.

I was referring more to companies having rights like people have rights, but yes that too lol. 

• Like 4

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I was referring more to companies having rights like people have rights, but yes that too lol. 

Good job, drone. We don't want our corporate overloads to think we have rights when we know we don't, right?

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean, he's not wrong...

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Specifically this. 24 Hour Fitness is dead and I'm still paying dues...

• Like 3