Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is grossly inaccurate. Rogan, despite saying some stuff without thinking sometimes, is always chill, and is still super likable. Stephen A Smith and Bayless try to be annoying as possible, and are not likable. 

I do understand the references and overall concept you were trying to make, but I do disagree with it. Joe Rogan is entertaining in a good way. Skip and Bayless draw high ratings because they act like super villains and have some of the most unlikable personalities on the planet. Joe has a very down to earth personality and a ton of people relate to him, and tune in for a “positive” experience, not a “negative” experience. 

So Rogan gets a pass for misinformation about the vaccine and false Covid treatments because he’s a chill guy and provides a positive experience? There’s nothing good about this in any way. Entertaining or not.

• Like 1

My problem with the Rogan thing isn't even the fact that everyone is focusing on Ivermectin. What people need to realize is that if by chance Ivermectin works as a therapeutic for Covid, that's GREAT. Then we have a preventative vaccine and a cheaper treatment for infection. Why anyone would be against that is beyond me. It's worth putting it through some major trials to find out in my opinion.

My issue is that he's gone on and on about healthy people not needing the vaccine, and the second he starts feeling the effects he runs and throws the "kitchen sink" at it. Guess what? Your average person can't afford the kitchen sink. That's why the vaccine is so important. It's insanely hypocritical, and this is coming from someone who listens to his show a good amount and thinks he's a decent, ethical guy the majority of the time. 

Edited by JonStark
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

So Rogan gets a pass for misinformation about the vaccine and false Covid treatments because he’s a chill guy and provides a positive experience? There’s nothing good about this in any way. Entertaining or not.

But he was so cool and sounded so sincere when he said it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

False covid treatments? Just because they are not approved does not mean they are not commonly prescribed by doctors, you are living in media-land, not the real world. I am in no way hyping up these medications, nor do I care to debate them in any way. Just saying they are indeed prescribed by doctors all the time for covid. The fact that Rogan simply talked about it is not a crime. He also does not have a negative vaccine stance, that is a complete lie. He may have mentioned before there’s no long term data, but that was a concern by a **** ton of people and still is, vaccines take decades, not to mention no history what so ever on any long term effects of mRNA vaccines since they’ve never been administered. I’m not downplaying the vaccine at all, I took it and encourage others to do so also. But mRNA/New vaccine hesitancy comments are literally not the same as “Anti-Vax”. The media has turned every single person as “hesitant” into anti-vaxx and many in this thread seem to eat it up. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

My problem with the Rogan thing isn't even the fact that everyone is focusing on Ivermectin. What people need to realize is that if by chance Ivermectin works as a therapeutic for Covid, that's GREAT. Then we have a preventative vaccine and a cheaper treatment for infection. Why anyone would be against that is beyond me. It's worth putting it through some major trials to find out in my opinion.

I mean, the actual data they have isn’t very encouraging.  The credit here should go to the actual treatment he was given, monoclonal antibodies.

Which as a side note should only be given to folks comfortable with taking a med that’s not been given full FDA auth and only EUA.  

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

My issue is that he's gone on and on about healthy people not needing the vaccine, and the second he starts feeling the effects he runs and throws the "kitchen sink" at it. Guess what? Your average person can't afford the kitchen sink. That's why the vaccine is so important. It's insanely hypocritical, 

This right ******* here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

False covid treatments? Just because they are not approved does not mean they are not commonly prescribed by doctors, you are living in media-land, not the real world. I am in no way hyping up these medications, nor do I care to debate them in any way. Just saying they are indeed prescribed by doctors all the time for covid. The fact that Rogan simply talked about it is not a crime. He also does not have a negative vaccine stance, that is a complete lie. He may have mentioned before there’s no long term data, but that was a concern by a **** ton of people and still is, vaccines take decades, not to mention no history what so ever on any long term effects of mRNA vaccines since they’ve never been administered. I’m not downplaying the vaccine at all, I took or and encourage others to do. But mRNA/New vaccine hesitancy comments are literally not the same as “Anti-Vax”. The media has turned every single person as “hesitant” into anti-vaxx and many in this thread seem to eat it up. 

They’re prescribed by doctors for other things! No physician should be prescribing ivermectin for Covid right now. 

And you mentioned this before and I already debunked it already, but people who use excuses about the long term effects of the mRNA vaccine or that vaccines take decades are themselves believing antivaxxer misinformation.

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m assuming this is a running joke for people who hate on Rogan + Rick and Morty?

You guys need to chill. Are you all this negative in your real lives? Be happy, be supportive of other views (or at least respectful), and instead of constantly criticizing something, talk about something that interests you and makes you overall positive. I don’t care if you guys find watching a wall funny, I’m not gonna be critical, whatever makes you happy. 

You say respecting people’s views right now, but when those same false views lead to CA returning to a tier system because enough people believe them, then it’s no longer funny.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

False covid treatments? Just because they are not approved does not mean they are not commonly prescribed by doctors, you are living in media-land, not the real world.

I mean, Covid is not an approved use for these meds.  Insurance likely isn’t going to pay for them in this situation.  That’s not “media land”, that’s reality. 

Just saying they are indeed prescribed by doctors all the time for covid. The fact that Rogan simply talked about it is not a crime. 

who’s accusing him of a crime?

He also does not have a negative vaccine stance, that is a complete lie.

well he’s not vaccinated to my knowledge…

He may have mentioned before there’s no long term data,

tell me about the long term data on these monoclonal antibodies?

but that was a concern by a **** ton of people and still is,

Lots of people are scared of lots of things.  That’s doesn’t make the concerns valid 

vaccines take decades, not to mention no history what so ever on any long term effects of mRNA vaccines since they’ve never been administered.

Back to those monoclonal antibodies he just took…

I’m not downplaying the vaccine at all, I took or and encourage others to do. But mRNA/New vaccine hesitancy comments are literally not the same as “Anti-Vax”.

I mean, it is kinda. 

The media has turned every single person as “hesitant” into anti-vaxx and many in this thread seem to eat it up. 

If you’re against this vaccine you could be described as anti vax.  No one said it applied to other vaccines, which further exemplifies the stupidity.

And let’s be honest, the people who don’t know how mRNA vaccines work also don’t know how any other damned vaccine works or how it was created or how it was trialed or anything else..  Farmer Fran isn’t a damned molecular biologist. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

They’re prescribed by doctors for other things! No physician should be prescribing ivermectin for Covid right now. 

And you mentioned this before and I already debunked it already, but people who use excuses about the long term effects of the mRNA vaccine or that vaccines take decades are themselves believing antivaxxer misinformation.

This post is so totally false I can’t even begin. 

To your first part, are you a Doctor…? No, you’re not. Many Medical Doctors have indeed prescribed that drug with success, even if it is not proven through trials which takes years. In a pandemic, the goal is to save a patients life, and if nothing is working and symptoms progress, you must take action. Ivermectin may not work on some people, or even most people, but the fact is we don’t know without enough data. However, some Doctors are clearly seeing results all over the nation otherwise they wouldn’t be prescribing it. If there is a trial and it is successful, many will feel dumb in this thread in a few years. And don’t even say “that’s fine, let there be a trial”, during a pandemic, you do what you have to do. 

Also your second part is totally 100% bogus. Is this what you really think of people? Do you think anyone who hasn’t gotten the vaccine is “Anti-Vax”? You have been totally brainwashed by the media. Vaccine hesitancy is not the same as Anti-Vaxx, not even close. There is no long term data on this specific vaccine, or long term data on this technology on humans in general (at least in mass quantities). We’ve had this discussion before where a ton of people who haven’t taken the vaccine are just hesitant because there is no long term data and there was no approval (one of those has fortunately been solved, and we are seeing a pretty decent vaccination bump). Being cautious and hesitant with this record-time vaccine is not “Anti-Vaxx”. Anti-Vaxx means you are against vaccines in general and would never touch any of them, regardless of data. That is such a minority group of people. True Anti Vaxxers are beyond rare, and are nuts. 

There is nothing wrong with people wanting more data. Personally I believe everyone should get vaxxed at this point, but I still 100% respect anyone’s decision not to, and it absolutely 100% does NOT mean they are “Anti-Vaxx”. 

• Like 2

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Wilfully? Yes.

Then you are clearly ignorant. Once again, no long term data. Most vaccines go through a decade of trials to hammer out possible long term side effects. Also, you are acting like there has never been vaccine recalls, check your history. It is no where near as common as drug recalls which happens all the time, but they still happen. 

A person who has every vaccine in the book who is being cautious and patient with what he/she puts in their body is not “Anti Vaxx”. The news is trying to change the definition of Anti Vaxx entirely, which was always used against people who were against vaccines no matter what (not just hesitant, but against them completely). If you actually get out in the real world, most just want long term data but support vaccines and get vaccines in general. There was another very large group of people waiting for approval like I was and we are seeing a large vaccination bump because of it. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This post is so totally false I can’t even begin. 

To your first part, are you a Doctor…? No, you’re not. Many Medical Doctors have indeed prescribed that drug with success, even if it is not proven through trials which takes years.

Back to anecdotes…

In a pandemic, the goal is to save a patients life, and if nothing is working and symptoms progress, you must take action. Ivermectin may not work on some people, or even most people, but the fact is we don’t know without enough data.

true.  That said, the data we do have (actual data, not anecdotes) says it’s not effective.

Speaking of which, how’s the reading coming @Uncle Buck?

However, some Doctors are clearly seeing results all over the nation otherwise they wouldn’t be prescribing it.

Back to anecdotes.  96% of MD’s are also vaccinated.  That means 4% aren’t.  That’s thousands. Are they right or are they (possibly) dying on the wrong hill?  

If there is a trial and it is successful, many will feel dumb in this thread in a few years. And don’t even say “that’s fine, let there be a trial”, during a pandemic, you do what you have to do. 

How did they trial the vaccine then?  Monoclonal antibodies?  This is nonsense.

Also your second part is totally 100% bogus. Is this what you really think of people? Do you think anyone who hasn’t gotten the vaccine is “Anti-Vax”? You have been totally brainwashed by the media. Vaccine hesitancy is not the same as Anti-Vaxx, not even close. There is no long term data on this specific vaccine, or long term data on this technology on humans in general (at least in mass quantities). We’ve had this discussion before where a ton of people who haven’t taken the vaccine are just hesitant because there is no long term data and there was no approval (one of those has fortunately been solved, and we are seeing a pretty decent vaccination bump). Being cautious and hesitant with this record-time vaccine is not “Anti-Vaxx”. Anti-Vaxx means you are against vaccines in general and would never touch any of them, regardless of data. That is such a minority group of people. True Anti Vaxxers are beyond rare, and are nuts. 

There is nothing wrong with people wanting more data. Personally I believe everyone should get vaxxed at this point, but I still 100% respect anyone’s decision not to, and it absolutely 100% does NOT mean they are “Anti-Vaxx”. 

Perhaps.  I’ll expect each one of those people to be able to discuss potential and likely side effects of every med they take, vaccine they’ve received, trial data, efficacy statistics, and be absolutely uncomfortable with monoclonal antibodies as they too haven’t been researched and proven with decades of data.  And we haven’t even started discussing chemicals/ingredients in food products or household cleaners anything else really.

But they can’t and won’t answer that because their concern by and large isn’t genuine.  It’s manufactured nonsense so they can try to save some sort of face because they have a little bit of a clue they sound like idiots.

• Like 1