Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

5m7li2.jpg

If you think both Rick and Morty and Joe Rogan are both unfunny (they both have extremely creative humor that is super in-depth) then I would have to question if you even have a sense of humor in general, lol. 

Gotta least find one or the other funny 😛

Rick and Morty >>>>>>>>

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Really seems like Joe made people angry just because he beat covid with a non-accepted method and talked about it. Hey, welcome to real-life, where lotssss of people (non hospitalizations especially) are treated with non-accepted methods. It is not a crime to talk about his experience. 

I mean, most people get covid and are just fine by drinking water, sleeping and relaxing.  He’s done what 90%+ of the covid population has done without monoclonal antibodies and private physicians. Why am I supposed to be impressed?

When we, the collective people who give a damn about people who are not us, express our concern for covid related issues, it’s not for healthy, well off people who have mild symptoms like Joe.  It’s for all the other people who aren’t as lucky.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, most people get covid and are just fine by drinking water, sleeping and relaxing.  He’s done what 90%+ of the covid population has done without monoclonal antibodies and private physicians. Why am I supposed to be impressed?

When we, the collective people who give a damn about people who are not us, express our concern for covid related issues, it’s not for healthy, well off people who have mild symptoms like Joe.  It’s for all the other people who aren’t as lucky.

Joe’s strong though. He’s been low-key beating this thing with an I-drip and some shrugs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If you think both Rick and Morty and Joe Rogan are both unfunny (they both have extremely creative humor that is super in-depth) then I would have to question if you even have a sense of humor in general, lol. 

Gotta least find one or the other funny 😛

Rick and Morty >>>>>>>>

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I’m assuming this is a running joke for people who hate on Rogan + Rick and Morty?

You guys need to chill. Are you all this negative in your real lives? Be happy, be supportive of other views (or at least respectful), and instead of constantly criticizing something, talk about something that interests you and makes you overall positive. I don’t care if you guys find watching a wall funny, I’m not gonna be critical, whatever makes you happy. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m assuming this is a running joke for people who hate on Rogan + Rick and Morty?

You guys need to chill. Are you all this negative in your real lives? Be happy, be supportive of other views (or at least respectful), and instead of constantly criticizing something, talk about something that interests you and makes you overall positive. I don’t care if you guys find watching a wall funny, I’m not gonna be critical, whatever makes you happy. 

yes. in my real life my favorite thing to do is accost strangers on the street, ask them if they enjoy rick and morty, and mercilessly roast them if they say they do

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No one is criticizing anyone for listening to Rogan (yes they are), they’re (also) pointing out that he’s not the best source for actual facts.  

It’s “two adults having a conversation” or “so they guy on his show was a doctor and said this”.  Gotta pick one.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yes. in my real life my favorite thing to do is accost strangers on the street, ask them if they enjoy rick and morty, and mercilessly roast them if they say they do

Obviously, I’m talking about overall negativity and overall criticism. Some people breath for these things. And you can spot it a mile away when someone criticizes other people for liking something. Personally, you shouldn’t care. People should live their own lives and stop constantly criticizing others for liking something like it’s an acceptable behavior, it’s not and it’s a super-cringe personality trait. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I love Rick & Morty. And I can certainly appreciate Rogan's stupid charm.

It's when he let's quacks onto his podcast and plays dumb/goes "Whoa!! Maybe!?!?" to every stupid/intentionally misleading thing they say that folks need to be upset and call it out.

Rogan has never been publicly challenged and is still able to sit there and smoke or whatever with intellectually dishonest people and allow them to flood the airways with bull**** and simply go "Whoa. Is that true? hahaha." And that's it.

While the lies he airs and basically backs are literally killing the country. In droves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

He does this to everyone. I tell him I haven’t seen it and all of a sudden I’m the punchline to every joke.  

He’s ruthless