Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

One crappy consequence of this pandemic is every time I feel a little under the weather, for whatever reason, I get nervous that it is COVID. I wasn't feeling great yesterday and was nervous I may have contracted it or something. Turns out being dehydrated, overall exhausted, having a massive caffeine headache, and forgetting to take your allergy medication for 2 days results in you not feeling your best. Who knew??

Feeling fine today once I actually took care of myself, obviously.

Same feelings too when I’m under the weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

The videos and stuff I’m seeing from Australia is so ridiculous. I definitely think the Government is overreaching and making the situation worse. 

Absolutely and utterly ridiculous what is going on down there and I wouldn't be shocked if some people here think we should go that route. Last I saw, people are starting to revolt.

Saw a story of a guy, walking down a path w/ his daughter get questioned by cops for not wearing his mask. He was later cuffed after becoming aggressive (supposedly) which I have no problems w/ but to be stopped for not wearing a mask around no other people?..... 

• Like 3

Another doctor joins the resistance. Article is paywalled but you don't need to read it:

Florida doctor says she won’t treat unvaccinated patients in person.

Linda Marraccini, a primary care doctor specializing in family medicine, sent a letter to her patients this month informing them that they could not be treated in person if they were not vaccinated by Sept. 15, according to WTVJ. She said she could still treat unvaccinated patients via telemedicine if they refused to get inoculated at a time when the highly transmissible delta variant of the novel coronavirus has ravaged the state.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/07/florida-doctor-unvaccinated-patients-marraccini/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Absolutely and utterly ridiculous what is going on down there and I wouldn't be shocked if some people here think we should go that route. Last I saw, people are starting to revolt.

Saw a story of a guy, walking down a path w/ his daughter get questioned by cops for not wearing his mask. He was later cuffed after becoming aggressive (supposedly) which I have no problems w/ but to be stopped for not wearing a mask around no other people?..... 

Yep it’s getting bad down there. For example this.

Is leading to things like this. What a mess.

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So I was sitting next to a co-worker all day yesterday who was coughing. 6 hours into the shift he says his girlfriend’s covid test came in positive and gets sent home. The fact this dude came to work coughing and girlfriend had a pending covid test makes me pretty salty. 

We were both wearing N95’s so I still think there’s a decent chance I won’t get it. Gave myself the most deep clean shower ever when I got home as well. 

Get my second dose tomorrow. My luck would certainly get covid between doses…

Thankfully my job has probably around a 90% vaccination rate which is pretty decent. 

What a jerk. Your saltiness is justified. It makes me angry just thinking about it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

yeah they’ve gone too far imo.

The curfew and lockdowns are too much. There has to be some balance between being safe and keeping public safety in mind and letting people live their lives to some degree.

Masks in public spaces?  Sure.  Masks when walking around with just your family and no one else?  Oof…

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

yeah they’ve gone too far imo.

The curfew and lockdowns are too much. There has to be some balance between being safe and keeping public safety in mind and letting people live their lives to some degree.

Masks in public spaces?  Sure.  Masks when walking around with just your family and no one else?  Oof…

New Zealand seems to be able to do the lockdowns and vaccination without any issues. Wonder what Australia’s deal is.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Triple the cases and double the hospitalizations over Labor Day weekend compared to a year ago….

🤦‍♂️

I mentioned this in the previous page but it is truly mind boggling how we went backwards despite having all the vaccines available for everyone 12+ to take.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

New Zealand seems to be able to do the lockdowns and vaccination without any issues. Wonder what Australia’s deal is.

I get it I guess, you’re trying to keep people safe, but that’s simply not a sustainable thing.

And some of the stuff just isn’t necessary, like masking outside by yourself.  

• Like 1