Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

When I had covid I didn't leave my apartment for any reason at all, even when I started running out of food. Only did it to go to my car and test negative. 

What I am saying is, more people should be like me. If that were true, this whole conversation would be moot. 😘

• Like 4

Just now, Deadpulse said:

When I had covid I didn't leave my apartment for any reason at all, even when I started running out of food. Only did it to go to my car and test negative. 

What I am saying is, more people should be like me. If that were true, this whole conversation would be moot. 😘

I agree. More people should stay in your apartment when they have covid!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/11/30/1059859253/why-omicron-variant-spreads-so-quickly-infectious-mutations

Bad news:

Scientists in South Africa now have evidence that the omicron variant of the coronavirus spreads more than twice as quickly as the delta variant in that country.

On Thursday, Pulliam and her colleagues also published a study online showing that reinfections are more likely with omicron than with the delta or the beta variants. The study couldn't estimate the magnitude of this change — that is, how much more likely reinfections will be — but it shows quite strongly that this new variant is more capable of bypassing antibodies generated by a prior infection than previous variants.

Good news:

As a result, the vaccines will likely be less effective against this variant, he predicts. But his research so far also suggests that people can boost their protection — against any variant — by having three exposures to the virus. So that means either three doses of the vaccine or two doses after a natural infection.

That seems to broaden your defenses, says Shi, the virologist at the University of Texas Medical Branch. "After the third dose of the vaccine, our antibody profile inside our body becomes more capable of blocking the variants," he says. "Our bodies create different antibodies that are much more able to push back on the variants."

6 hours ago, animaltested said:

Also, Id like to correct myself here. Looks like Darwin, Australia requires ALL returning residents (Both vax'd and non'vaxxed) to quarantine at Howard Springs. Not sure where the injustice is. Strict sure, but everyone gotta do it I guess.

Repatriated Australians | Coronavirus (COVID-19) (nt.gov.au)

Here's thread about Howard Springs from the r/darwin subreddit

Some questions about Howard Springs quarantine : darwin (reddit.com)

Biggest injustice is not being able to bring alcohol.

Not to reverse the progress we made previously but it doesn't look like this woman was traveling anywhere..... well, not by choice.

https://www.charitytoday.co.uk/human-rights-australians-are-being-locked-in-covid-camps-and-threatened-with-fines/?s=09

Believe her, don't believe her, that's your choice. While I admit I didn't watch her whole video here, the part about how she ended up there is pretty bad IMO

And yes, I'm not agreeing with her from the previous video calling them Nazi camps just so everyone is clear, again.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Y’all still debating the dude who hypes Toe Hogan? Lol

Interesting. The only thing I've really "hyped" about him is that I feel he's a good interviewer. Could be wrong though. Shocking you could see that though from your high mountaintop way above us regular, common folk..........

Receipts or is this yet another baseless accusation?

Not sure why I'm even giving you the time of day but maybe you'll have something here to show me........

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

First off, it's clear as day the woman isn't American so your spin on that being being what made you so emotionally unstable, then whining about American's thought processes, is contradictory. Hopefully there's a clip of this that exists that doesn't have her personal thoughts so you can think outside your box.

What are you possibly getting at here?

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Not to reverse the progress we made previously but it doesn't look like this woman was traveling anywhere..... well, not by choice.

https://www.charitytoday.co.uk/human-rights-australians-are-being-locked-in-covid-camps-and-threatened-with-fines/?s=09

Believe her, don't believe her, that's your choice. While I admit I didn't watch her whole video here, the part about how she ended up there is pretty bad IMO

And yes, I'm not agreeing with her from the previous video calling them Nazi camps just so everyone is clear, again.

shockingly, whatever crackpot site that hosted whatever crackpot video that might have been pulled it.

i'm sorta glad I didn't waste 2 minutes watching whatever it was.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

She had a close contact with someone who was positive, then contract tracing investigators came to her house and asked if she had taken a COVID test, and she lied because she had been to quarantine before. LMFAO hilarious. Got caught lying and dumped in quarantine. 

she is a perfect example of why Darwin is using site based quarantining. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Interesting. The only thing I've really "hyped" about him is that I feel he's a good interviewer. Could be wrong though. Shocking you could see that though from your high mountaintop way above us regular, common folk..........

What if I told you it was regular, common folk looking down on you?  We don’t think we’re special, we think you’re “special”.

Receipts or is this yet another baseless accusation?

Aren’t baseless accusations the bread and butter of your ilk? Even if they were (they’re not) I assumed you’d eat it up.

Not sure why I'm even giving you the time of day but maybe you'll have something here to show me........

I was really just hoping you could tell me I remind you of a nerd in a movie again.  Not sure how you managed to put that together, you must be very creative *eyes drift slowly towards my avi…*

8 hours ago, animaltested said:

She had a close contact with someone who was positive, then contract tracing investigators came to her house and asked if she had taken a COVID test, and she lied because she had been to quarantine before. LMFAO hilarious. Got caught lying and dumped in quarantine. 

she is a perfect example of why Darwin is using site based quarantining. 

You seem like the type of guy who would really hate an excessive police state. This is why we don't generalize people....... although I'm guessing I still might be right about that.......

I bet quite a few people here would have a problem if they had to be locked up in a camp when simply taking a test would prove if they're positive or not. Now you could argue that bc she initially lied is why she got taken away but that isn't clearly the reason she was unless that's explained later in the video. You did make up a previous scenario in your head and ran with it, foot on the gas, again, and have been proven wrong there (assuming this woman isn't just making this whole damn thing up which might be true). If you take away anything, like we discussed before, it's better to find out info instead of just assuming and running with it like the assumption is true. At least in my opinion