Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

That's just confusing....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Yeah that school is stupid. However, this is the part that stood out to me. I thought it was only 6 months. That’s why Pfizer and Moderna have applied for full approval.

As part of the process to seek full FDA approval, companies must continue their adult clinical trials for two years and continue to report safety and efficacy data as they get it.

20 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

To be fair, DeWine here in OH encouraging us as coaches and teachers to make sure that our school aged children get vaccinated is equally as moronic. That's a liability nightmare and parents' decisions to make, and should be made in consultation with actual medical professionals.

Why would I ever publicly encourage my minor students and athletes to get them, or any other medical anything?

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

To be fair, DeWine here in OH encouraging us as coaches and teachers to make sure that our school aged children get vaccinated is equally as moronic. That's a liability nightmare and parents' decisions to make, and should be made in consultation with actual medical professionals.

Why would I ever publicly encourage my minor students and athletes to get them, or any other medical anything?

That is true, you should not be asked to do that. That being said, I do believe that schools should eventually require a vaccine card when it is made available for their age groups. 

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That is true, you should not be asked to do that.

That's my biggest gripe

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That being said, I do believe that schools should eventually require a vaccine card when it is made available for their age groups. 

It will be literally impossible and illegal for any and all public schools K-12. It's a tax payer issue and compulsory education issue.

Colleges/Universities MIGHT be different, but we shall see what happens in California and others.

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Do you have a link to this? I’m surprised he’s not directly appealing to parents of 16 and up.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's my biggest gripe

It will be literally impossible and illegal for any and all public schools K-12. It's a tax payer issue and compulsory education issue.

Colleges/Universities MIGHT be different, but we shall see what happens in California and others.

With the K-12, it all depends on if the vaccines get FDA approval or not. You may have to show a record similar to what I had to do with the other vaccines like the MMR before attending school.

Edit: I should clarify that it has to be approved for kids. Right now it’s only on track for FDA approval for adults. So depending on the status of the pandemic, this may all be a moot point in the end.

Edited by Xenos

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

With the K-12, it all depends on if the vaccines get FDA approval or not. You may have to show a record similar to what I had to do with the other vaccines like the MMR before attending school.

Edit: I should clarify that it has to be approved for kids. Right now it’s only on track for FDA approval for adults. So depending on the status of the pandemic, this may all be a moot point in the end.

The fine print for the MMR, Meningitis, etc. is actually that you only need to provide documentation for the shot OR a waiver that you didn't get it...meaning you can still bring in a waiver. It's a loophole.

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Do you have a link to this? I’m surprised he’s not directly appealing to parents of 16 and up.

Our Athletic Director just had a live mandated stream via Zoom with him earlier this week. It was a part of this push earlier:

https://www.huschblackwell.com/ohio-state-by-state-covid-19-guidance

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/04/15/has-ohio-reached-plateau-when-it-comes-covid-vaccinations/

On April 15, that number is more than cut in half with 49,075 receiving a vaccination.

But Dr. Edwards and Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine say the lower numbers are to be expected since 36% of Ohioans are now vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Mass vaccination sites like the Wolstein Center on the Cleveland State campus are designed to pull in big daily numbers, especially from those eager to sign up to get the vaccine. But there are still people in neighborhoods all over Ohio who have trouble scheduling an appointment, or have no way to get there, even possibly no mobility, or were reluctant when the vaccines initially came out.

“So basically, you just need to start going neighborhood to neighborhood. Community to community and you’re not going to get a lot of people. These busses or mobile clinics, or whatever you want to call them they’re more expensive, and it’s more logistically challenging and your return on investment is lower. But it’s necessary to close the gap,” Dr. Edwards said.

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Depends on the state, most of New England has no such loophole. This site has all the reqs for each state. Massachusetts only exempts people for medical or religious reasons for instance. They are also the only state the requires the flu vaccine.

https://vaccines.procon.org/state-by-state-vaccinations-required-for-public-school-kindergarten/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Our Athletic Director just had a live mandated stream via Zoom with him earlier this week. It was a part of this push earlier:

https://www.huschblackwell.com/ohio-state-by-state-covid-19-guidance

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/04/15/has-ohio-reached-plateau-when-it-comes-covid-vaccinations/

The quote from the push doesn’t sound bad at all.

Just now, Xenos said:

The quote from the push doesn’t sound bad at all.

The quote isn't bad at all, it's just context. The context is that it's up to teachers, AD's, coaches, etc. to be the source OF the push, not the push itself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The quote isn't bad at all, it's just context. The context is that it's up to teachers, AD's, coaches, etc. to be the source OF the push, not the push itself.

Yeah they should be pushing towards parents primarily. If you want staff involved, then get the medical professionals instead of everyone else.