Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I wonder if we could just administer both in the same shot to keep costs down. How many people would be eligible for one but not the other?

I highly doubt it would be approved to be given simultaneously. The flu shot cripples your immune system for up to two week. That is where the myth comes from that the flu shot give you the flu. Nah you were just dumb and didn't wash your hands on the reg. Your body is busy making antibodies for the flu. To double this up with a Covid-19 vaccine on the same day (same vial is impossible, they are different types of vaccines) could make your immune system severely compromised for an extended period of time. My guess is flu shots in the fall and Covid shots in the spring 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/science/2021/03/05/growing-share-of-americans-say-they-plan-to-get-a-covid-19-vaccine-or-already-have/

Turns out that the folks that scream about covid being a hoax and swearing off the vaccine don't represent the majority of the country.

Who knew?

I love this survey. Though this recent article seemed to throw a damper on it somewhat. Hopefully we can find new ways to inform and turn hesitancy to a yes. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/04/21/states-covid-vaccine-problem-483872

After steadily increasing for three months, the pace of vaccinations has flattened at around 3 million a day, and the national total obscures pockets of the country like New Hampshire, North Dakota and Virginia that have more open appointment slots than they've yet experienced. Several states are now administering fewer 75 percent of the doses they receive, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

A recent report from the federal health department's assistant secretary for planning and evaluation found that more than 25 percent of people across Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming expressed reservations about being vaccinated. Roughly 16 percent of all American adults are hesitant to get a coronavirus vaccine, according to a recent Census Bureau report.

Officials in Mercer County, Ohio, andAlbany, Georgia, have scuttled mass vaccination sites because there isn’t enough demand. New York City, where residents can now get vaccinated beneath a giant blue whale at the American Museum of Natural History, has seen a marked decline in demand, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

You had Covid previously right? Did you have issues with the first shot?

Nope. Just dead arm and fatigue. Been lucky, both me and my stepdad. We both got Covid, neither had shot 1 reactions. My stepdad got shot 2 yesterday and hasn't had any issues yet either. 

My mom got her *** kicked by shot 1 tho. Her case was worse than ours tho. 

Edited by beekay414

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nope. Just dead arm and fatigue. Been lucky, both me and my stepdad. We both got Covid, neither had shot 1 reactions. My stepdad got shot 2 yesterday and hasn't had any issues yet either. 

My mom got her *** kicked by shot 1 tho. Her case was worse than ours tho. 

Which shot? Moderna having worse short term side effects is basically public knowledge at this point. I feel like most people I know feel pretty horrid for a couple days after Modena, while the worst Pfizer does is give you a sore arm. I remember reading about it and it’s cause Moderna uses 3x the amount of a specific ingredient Pfizer does, but I don’t remember the ingredient. Both vaccines are totally fine though, just Moderna has worse short term effects.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Which shot? Moderna having worse short term side effects is basically public knowledge at this point. I feel like most people I know feel pretty horrid for a couple days after Modena, while the worst Pfizer does is give you a sore arm. I remember reading about it and it’s cause Moderna uses 3x the amount of a specific ingredient Pfizer does, but I don’t remember the ingredient. Both vaccines are totally fine though, just Moderna has worse short term effects.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Moderna shot #2 just went into my arm. Hell yes boys, we're almost there.