Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Are there really people refusing to get their 2nd shots in fear of side effects? I...I just don't get it. I think I'm going to step away from any type of social media, completely, for a while and just enjoy my life rather than continuing to realize that half the country, if not more, are friggin' idiots who think they aren't. 

I miss the days where we listened to our doctors rather than thinking we did "research" by googling a few articles. Sorry but social media should die a swift death. All it's made me realize is that not every person truly deserves a voice.

There is a lot of things people have done in the past year that I don't get. 

• Like 4

India’s Covid dilemma is everyone’s dilemma.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/618691/

This part stood out to me:

None of the Indian government’s missteps absolve the world from caring about what happens to the country, nor should they. Beyond the obvious moral reasons are practical ones too. As I have repeatedly written before, uncontrolled outbreaks anywhere pose a threat everywhere, including vaccine-rich countries such as the United States. Perhaps the biggest concern right now, in India and elsewhere, is the threat posed by more transmissible variants and their potential ability to overcome vaccine immunity. Though virtually every known variant, including those from Britain, Brazil, and South Africa, has been identified in India, in some states the Indian strain has become the most prevalent.

“It’s very similar to what we saw in Manaus,” Christina Pagel, the director of clinical operational research at University College London, told me, referring to the badly hit Brazilian city. She noted that “it’s not a coincidence that these variants are arising in populations that have developed immunity through infection.”

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Are there really people refusing to get their 2nd shots in fear of side effects? I...I just don't get it. I think I'm going to step away from any type of social media, completely, for a while and just enjoy my life rather than continuing to realize that half the country, if not more, are friggin' idiots who think they aren't. 

I miss the days where we listened to our doctors rather than thinking we did "research" by googling a few articles. Sorry but social media should die a swift death. All it's made me realize is that not every person truly deserves a voice.

I got rid of social media in 2018 and it was easily one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I got rid of social media in 2018 and it was easily one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

I haven't had Facebook since last March. I keep Twitter for sports information but I randomly find **** on there that makes me wanna ring people's necks.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:12 AM, flyers0909 said:

Same here so far.  Got #2 around 1PM yesterday.  I didn't sleep very well last night because yeah, my entire upper body is super sore.  Slight headache but that could have been from watching the Flyers last night.  

Pretty much exactly 24 hours after, my fever hit.  I was freezing my balls off and could not get warm.  Took some Tylenol which really helped.  Just used it as an excuse to finish Schitt's Creek (one of the best shows I've ever watched) and napped throughout the day.  Woke up the next morning feeling completely fine.

12ish hours of being uncomfortable is completely worth it to know I can finally visit my parents after almost a year.  My girlfriend's dad has some underlying conditions so I haven't seen them since this whole nonsense started, can finally ask him permission to marry his daughter in person. 😎 

• Like 5

On 4/25/2021 at 5:59 PM, beekay414 said:

I've posted this before, but one thing that was extremely eye opening during all of this is 1) Americans suck at understanding math, science, probability, etc. 2) the general public is extremely selfish, and 3) people read/hear what they want to believe.

Got my first shot of Moderna yesterday. One month wait, and then I can put this behind me. You know what's worse then feeling crappy for a few hours after the second shot? Covid.

• Like 4

On 4/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, beekay414 said:

A total of 8% have missed or skipped their 2nd shot. Hoping some of them come back and get it anyways now that supply is outpacing demand, even if they won’t necessarily get the full protection.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/demand-covid-19-vaccines-drops-experts-more-shots-key-pandemic-over-163029419.html

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I've posted this before, but one thing that was extremely eye opening during all of this is 1) Americans suck at understanding math, science, probability, etc. 2) the general public is extremely selfish, and 3) people read/hear what they want to believe.

Ironically, these are all 3 the reasons as to why I deleted all social media several years ago. 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Do they think that people that they need to convince to be vaccinated are wearing masks outdoors? 

Funny thing about the CDC is they dont make recommendations just to sway the masses or influence anyone. They make recommendations based on what the science says in any given moment.  

• Like 1