2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

Since signing period is upon on, or had unofficially started, I didn't see a thread to keep discussion of general signings and our hopeful additions rumors. 

I have not yet seen a "top 30" Free Agent from sites, predicted to actually sign with Vikings, and that's another reason I'm not getting my hopes up. 

Minny will surely be linked to the positions of OG, DE, S and DT in free agents, for phase 1, 2 & 3 of free agency. 

18 minutes ago, Robbroy45 said:

Some names I'd like to see picked up...

- Forrest Lamp

- Sheldon Rankins

- Quinton Jefferson

- Solomon Thonas

- Kevin Zeitler

- De'Vondre Campbell

I’m all for Forrest Lamp and Sheldon Rankins, but would also like to see Malik Hooker. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd like the Vikes to be even moderate players in FA.  The little salary cap we have should be used on internal extensions first, O'Neill comes to mind.

Who else is in the final year of their rookie deals?  

I also understand there are a number of FA OGs / OTs on the market and highest bidder gets the guy, right?  So, would it be a stretch to think the Jets, Jaguars, Dolphins and Pats will nab the top-tier talents? 

For goodness sakes, the Vikes are sitting at under $10m in cap space.  17 other teams are sitting there with better than $20M . . . don't waste time competing for services you can't afford from the outside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I'm not sure I'd like the Vikes to be even moderate players in FA.  The little salary cap we have should be used on internal extensions first, O'Neill comes to mind.

I also understand there are a number of FA OGs / OTs on the market and highest bidder gets the guy, right?  So, would it be a stretch to think the Jets, Jaguars, Dolphins and Pats will nab the top-tier talents? 

For goodness sakes, the Vikes are sitting at under $10m in cap space.  17 other teams are sitting there with better than $20M . . . don't waste time competing for services you can't afford from the outside.

Mike Hughes is on the final non-option portion of his rookie contract, but there's next to no chance his deal changes at all. Jayln Holmes and Tyler Conklin are the only others from that draft class still on the roster

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

But then how would Rick justify unfortunately it takes two to tango. But we are fortunate to get "insert tier 3/4 player"