2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

I don't have super high hopes for this offseason, but I'm praying I'm wrong.

We clearly need help at a few positions, but I'm looking at it like, what positions do we struggle with in the draft vs what we need in FA? 

We clearly need help on both sides of the line, OL and DL. My concern is that we have never drafted well at either of those positions, and especially early. It wasn't until Kubiak arrived that we started to hit some picks at OL in the first few rounds back to back years. And we haven't had a monster DT since Richardson left. And before him it was Linval. So With the departure of Kubiak, and our bad track record at drafting DL. I'm worried. If we don't solidify at least one of those two positions in FA, we will be just about where we were last year come the start of the season. 

I know Zim has gone on record in the past ( before he was coach here ) that he feels Safety is the LEAST important position of the defense. So I can see us waiting until the draft to get a young guy. ( Could have had Winfield Jr Last year :( ) 

CB is clearly still a need, and a veteran presence is a no brainer. I like 
Shaquill, but I don't like the idea of breaking the bank to get him. He would give us a nice trio for at least 2-3 years tho which would take so much more pressure off the front 7. 

The Vikings are in a tough position, this off season won't be easy to get right but if they do, I'll be blown away. 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't get bringing Weatherly back if we are chasing after a big name de

Depth. Last year, we didn’t have any of it. Plus, perhaps some leverage with Hunter or perhaps they feel they get great return from Hunter. I don’t think you can ever have too many DL. Now let’s shore up the interior. 

Weatherly isn’t much of an edge rusher, so it would make sense that they’d want to find one to either pair with Hunter or replace Hunter.

24 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I just look at him as cheap depth with experience playing under Zimmer.

I know he's not real expensive but I figured we would need every penny to sign a couple starters.

Wonnum and a mid round rookie would be ok depth with 2 good starters I think

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I know he's not real expensive but I figured we would need every penny to sign a couple starters.

Wonnum and a mid round rookie would be ok depth with 2 good starters I think

Like VR said you can neve have enough. Never know when one of those guys goes down.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Like VR said you can neve have enough. Never know when one of those guys goes down.

The same goes for cb though. 

More depth is a good thing,  just hopefully it doesn't hurt the depth or quality of starter at a different position is all im saying. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the cap though so maybe it doesn't change much

• Like 1

Just now, CriminalMind said:

Good deal for him. 

Good Money and good team

It is.  The Chiefs had to restructure a bunch of contracts to get the money to pay him, but I don't blame them, as their window is clearly now.  Eventually, they'll pay the piper, but that day is not today.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

It is.  The Chiefs had to restructure a bunch of contracts to get the money to pay him, but I don't blame them, as their window is clearly now.  Eventually, they'll pay the piper, but that day is not today.

They still need 2 tackles, and a center