Drew Brees is not a top 10 QB of all time. Change my mind.

mdonnelly21

Is Drew Brees A Top 10 QB of All Time?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Is Drew Brees A Top 10 QB of All Time?

People are going to yell at me because I put Brady down a couple of notches. He's the best at winning, but he also had the best team around him, with the best winning culture, that I've ever seen, and he had it for nearly 20 years.

Pure throwing skill, the ability to run an unstoppable passing game, counts a little bit for me as far as who I consider the best. I also can't list anyone I didn't see because that's not accurate.

1. Manning (which I hate to say because I despise him)

2. Montana

3. Brady

4. Rodgers

5. Marino

6. Young

7. Brees

8. Favre

9. Elway

10. Warren Moon

Hon. Mention: Mahomes is climbing that ladder, as long as he puts this latest bump in the road SB performance behind him and continues on his path, he'll be in this list sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, Dome said:

You like Sean Payton though, right? Like as a person, you don’t have to respect him as an offensive mind.

No. If you knew what I knew about Sean Payton, you'd think he's the worst person on the planet and wonder how he was coaching the Saints for so long. Sean Payton is a scumbag. Smart offensive mind though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scar988 said:

No. If you knew what I knew about Sean Payton, you'd think he's the worst person on the planet and wonder how he was coaching the Saints for so long. Sean Payton is a scumbag. Smart offensive mind though.

Honestly you were nicer than I would have been. 

2 hours ago, Dome said:

It’s like the people that talk about how Brees was just a stat padder playing in games that didn’t matter, but don’t want to talk about how he’s 2nd all-time in game winning drives. Or how he played on multiple squads historically bad defenses who blew leads like they all had Brees on their fantasy rosters. 

That’s a lot of game winning drives for a stat padder, you have to play in a LOT of close games to get that many GWDs.  

So either Brees played in just as many close games as other QBs, or Brees is just on a completely different level as a closer, like the GOAT closer. You can’t have it both ways.

Every all-time great is going to deal with recency bias and it just gets worse with time, or just flat out people who want their bad takes to be heard. Cause some of those guys post here too.

And I’m not saying that excluding Brees from the top-10 all-time is even a bad take, he’s on the fringe. But it wouldn’t surprise me if someone comes in here and claims Brees wasn’t even top 25 or some nonsense.

Would be more impressive if he wasn't also 3rd in starts.

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

Honestly you were nicer than I would have been. 

Let's just say, I can't stand Sean Payton the man or the coach. He's one of the worst human beings in the NFL today. When he caught COVID, I saw it as a karmic punishment for his actions in the past. 

As a coach, he knows how to win games with Drew Brees as his quarterback or with a stacked roster. He's going to have a rough year this year. Regardless of who his QB is. 

15 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Would be more impressive if he wasn't also 3rd in starts.

Obviously bulk stats would look more impressive if they happened over a few number of games. That argument can be applied to literally any player in the league.

“Would be more impressive if they did it in less games”

lmfao 

I'm a Vikings fan

I despise the Saints

I don't like New Orleans

I can't stand Louisiana

I hate Sean Payton

I hate Drew Brees

I literally LOATHE Drew Brees

I literally LOATHE Sean Payton

I despise everything about Drew Brees.

I despise Alvin Kamara for stealing Dalvin Cook's All Pro and talking ish about Minnesota

I despise them because they are cheaters

I'd rank him somewhere from 5th to 8th. It will be short lived though due the great QB's coming up like Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers. Then you have the younger guys following behind them like Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Deshaun Watson who will likely be better than Brees.

Edited by TENINCH

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

People are going to yell at me because I put Brady down a couple of notches. He's the best at winning, but he also had the best team around him, with the best winning culture, that I've ever seen, and he had it for nearly 20 years.

Pure throwing skill, the ability to run an unstoppable passing game, counts a little bit for me as far as who I consider the best. I also can't list anyone I didn't see because that's not accurate.

1. Manning (which I hate to say because I despise him)

2. Montana

3. Brady

4. Rodgers

5. Marino

6. Young

7. Brees

8. Favre

9. Elway

10. Warren Moon

Hon. Mention: Mahomes is climbing that ladder, as long as he puts this latest bump in the road SB performance behind him and continues on his path, he'll be in this list sooner rather than later

Because TB and NE were beacons of a winning culture before Brady became their starter.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dome said:

Obviously bulk stats would look more impressive if they happened over a few number of games. That argument can be applied to literally any player in the league.

“Would be more impressive if they did it in less games”

lmfao 

It's a meaningless stat propped up by starts. Congrats on being behind in the 4th so much I guess.

Edited by Bullet Club

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's a meaningless stat propped up by starts. Congrats on being behind in the 4th so much I guess.

My point was that he’s getting called a stat padder, even though he was down in the 4th just as much if not more than anyone else.

So you agree with me that Brees was behind a lot in the 4th?