the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Gute tried to sign Jackson a few years ago...

I would've been all over these two 4 years ago but not now.

Malik Jackson "might" have some left in the tank but his numbers has nose dived since his Jaguars days.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

I would've been all over these two 4 years ago but not now.

Malik Jackson "might" have some left in the tank but his numbers has nose dived since his Jaguars days.

I mean when you're bargain shopping like the Packers are, you're not going to get guys in their prime. The question is can you get a guy who is better than Lancaster and/or Lowry. That's not a tall mountain to climb.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean when you're bargain shopping like the Packers are, you're not going to get guys in their prime. The question is can you get a guy who is better than Lancaster and/or Lowry. That's not a tall mountain to climb.

This year its different. With the depressed COVID salary cap you are going to get very good quality players on very cheap deals. There's simply not enough money to go around..

Its no longer just declining players, its good quality ones as well. Its a rare opportunity to stockpile good quality talent at bargain basement prices.

Playoff contenders and big market teams will be rubbing their hands with glee.

Edited by Chili

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Hopefully we get Sherman and spend a high pick on a CB.

I'm coming around on Kelvin Joseph at 29 but he's a huge swing. If we miss, we're gonna miss huge on the kid. Insane tools but raw as uncooked chicken.

EDIT - Insane is probably the wrong word but his ceiling is sky high.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Can't wait to watch 'Tae cook him.

BTW, is it 'Tae for phonetic reasons or just 'Te because of how he spells his name?

Ross Uglem -   He (Peterson) has not looked like the same guy for two years. Needs a massive revitalization or a position switch.