the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Would be sweet if Amos helped recruited him

Over on the CHI threads I asked:  Is the plan to get him back at a lower number (?) or put him on the train outta town and wave goodbye?

And got this:  They need to extend him and he is asking for a huge number because he knows they are desperate.

Not sure we're fishing in these waters. Positional need I can definitely see. Cost factors on this guy probably precludes us from being players.

39 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

The Kevin King situation is giving me some 2016 Nick Perry vibes. High pick, largely disappointing on his rookie deal, signed a 1 year, $5M deal to return to the Packers, and then of course had a career year and got paid. Wouldn't shock me if King tries something similar.

Also, it's kind of crazy that Perry never played again after being released by the Packers.

IF King was going to get funny money, he would have signed already IMO.  My guess is the market is softer than he anticipated.  Think 3 years, $21M is probably the high point of his contract expectations.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Cut Lowry and plug him in.

This will not lower our cap number. Brockers cap hit is $8.5m. Lowry is $6.3m.

Not only that you want us to get older, more expensive and give up draft picks in the process. Yikes!

So, going into this off-season.  Our notable free agents were Clark, Bakh, Jones, King, Lindsley, Williams.

Anyone else think we'd get Clark, Bakh and Jones?  Clark and Bakh would have broken the bank even in this off-season.

I'm pretty pleased so far.  And if we wanted, I have to think we could get King back.

Taking care of our own.  I like it.

Now get an Adams extension done and find a corner to go along with DL or OT help on the cheap.