the free agent frenzy 2021 - a thread to discuss what teams with money are doing with it

FinneasGage

how many big splsahes gute gonna make today  

25 members have voted

1. 1. how many

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You'd expect positions which are good, and deep in the draft to have depressed FA value anyway.  The contrapositive is why all the edge guys are getting paid.

I think the EDGE draft class is pretty solid.   might be a positional value "correction" going on.

Some of the better deals based on the reports thus far

• CB:   
    • Cameron Sutton -- 2 years $9M total with $3.5M guaranteed and 2021 cap hit of $2.75M
    • Jason Verrett -- 1 year $5.5M
  • EDGE
    • Matt Judon -- 4 years $54.5M
    • Romeo Okwara -- 3 yeas $39M
    • Yannick Ngakoue -- 2 years $26M fully guaranteed
    • Tyus Bowser -- 4 years $22M
    • Dawuane Smoot -- 2 years $10M
  • RB
    • Carlos Hyde -- 2 years $4.5M
  • WR
    • Marvin Jones -- 2 years $14.5M

11 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Ngl I know its the division but I'd rather him be with the Lions than Viqueens and Bares. But of course the first game we play him he'll rush for 250 yards and 4 Tuds. Ill miss ya you dancing funny man. 😢

The best of theNFCN teams to be sure.  Glad he’s got some money in his pocket but sad he might not be winning too many. I’ll still route for him 14 games/year. 

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Start the debate if GB should of gone with Williams at 2 years for 7.5 or Jones for 2 years for 19 (what most are speculating what his real deal is).

I think it's pretty cut and dry, especially if Jones misses time next year. That extra 12 million or so is priceless, well it literally has a price, but you get what I mean. I'm also wondering how it will effect our goal-line decision making, because if I'm being honest, more Dillon there please...but that contract.